Can Nintendo ever deliver online like Halo or CoD?

#171nedrithPosted 12/5/2012 7:33:32 PM
TBH I love the online experience of the Wii U for the same reason I loved the online experience of Dark/Demon's souls. It's unobtrusive(minus the few times you got invaded in demon's souls) and it's fun to look at when you want to look at.

Seeing people's comments in Nintendo land or NSMBU or on the Wii U's home screen is nice. just like seeing people's sometimes misleading sometimes helpful hints were nice in dark souls along with their last moments before death.

So yes nintendo can but they'll deliver a different kind of online. One where you don't get called hacker/cheater/many words I can't post here or receive hate messages/threats whenever you beat someone. One where you post your achievements of completing a level of NSMBU without any damage. One where you can post helpful hints or reply with helpful answers.

Will you see games like Halo and CoD, I'm sure SSBBU or whatever they call it where be as competitive as Halo and CoD with a decent online factor. But TBH I hope isn't like Halo or CoD because the majority of players on Halo and CoD has made the online not that fun. It's sad that games have devolved so badly to become more about winning than having fun.
#172lgiPosted 12/5/2012 7:37:52 PM
I wonder if they have anything in the works that mostly focuses on online gameplay. Like a party game like I mentioned a lot of times, lol. Something from Nintendo themselves. It can be anything really. A brand new game with a Mario theme. Something with a lot of online options. A Mario Party Online title would be great like I said. It would be great to have a huge room, with a lot of people having fun and communicating with each other.
#173SkyCrackersPosted 12/5/2012 8:04:12 PM
Personally, I wouldn't care for online in NSMBU. Multiplayer in NSMB games loses all appeal for me when I'm not playing with someone I know in the same room. The reason is that the game does not do a good job of encouraging actual cooperative play, you mostly just get in each other's way. The only value of the multiplayer mode is to screw around with your friends.
---
Mario vs. Donkey Kong is a hideously underrated game.
#174DesperateMonkey(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 11:51:10 AM
nedrith posted...
TBH I love the online experience of the Wii U for the same reason I loved the online experience of Dark/Demon's souls. It's unobtrusive(minus the few times you got invaded in demon's souls) and it's fun to look at when you want to look at.

Seeing people's comments in Nintendo land or NSMBU or on the Wii U's home screen is nice. just like seeing people's sometimes misleading sometimes helpful hints were nice in dark souls along with their last moments before death.

So yes nintendo can but they'll deliver a different kind of online. One where you don't get called hacker/cheater/many words I can't post here or receive hate messages/threats whenever you beat someone. One where you post your achievements of completing a level of NSMBU without any damage. One where you can post helpful hints or reply with helpful answers.

Will you see games like Halo and CoD, I'm sure SSBBU or whatever they call it where be as competitive as Halo and CoD with a decent online factor. But TBH I hope isn't like Halo or CoD because the majority of players on Halo and CoD has made the online not that fun. It's sad that games have devolved so badly to become more about winning than having fun.

Wtf are you even talking about? What is this BS about Halo and CoD players? Its called a mute button, not that there is much talking even to begin with. Is everyone going to insist on pretending they know how XBL works? Cause its clear you guys have never touched a non-Nintendo console.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#175jungfreudPosted 12/6/2012 3:38:45 PM
DesperateMonkey posted...
nedrith posted...

Wtf are you even talking about? What is this BS about Halo and CoD players? Its called a mute button, not that there is much talking even to begin with. Is everyone going to insist on pretending they know how XBL works? Cause its clear you guys have never touched a non-Nintendo console.

Just as it is clear you have never touched a person of the female persuasion. His point is that what you appear to be asking for (again, who the hell knows what your actual question was at this point, as it is now a bullet dented can that we keep popping back up in the air every couple hours just for target practice) represents the worst aspect of online gaming for many people. He prefers Nintendo's approach.
#176DesperateMonkey(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 4:04:53 PM(edited)
Except Nintendo's approach isn't any different. People in CoD can chat all the same. Not having voice chat in SSBB is preferable??? How so? Anyone who doesn't want to listen can mute voice chat, all that it does is prevents you from meeting people and communicating with them online and not letting me talk to my friends.

Nintendo must be paying you guys minimum wage here. Put a little effort into it. And nice patting yourself on the back. I mean, a sure sign of success in a topic is you tooting your own horn. How you talk about women implies your inexperience with women much more than it does about me.
---
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#177enterthemadroxPosted 12/6/2012 4:05:16 PM
Whether you like shooters or not, these games just have the online down. Their systems are amazingly robust in content and features while all running pretty smoothly. Hell look at Forza and the online capabilities of that game.

Then look at Golden Eye and Mario Kart... I don't know how reviewers even thought these games were acceptable for their online abilities but apparently the excuse was because of the limitations of the Wii.

I don;t know how much I believe that with NSMBU AND Nintendo Land still possessing no online. Is this something Nintendo just can't do? Why is it so hard to make a decent online system with a couple of different modes when you got IPs that rake in hundreds of millions of dollars?

Blops 2 was launch title.

I also take it you haven't been to the Halo 4 board since a lot of the complaints that aren't about spec codes have been about the online MP.
---
Getting awfully tired of GameFAQs mods removing my posts for being "offensive" when I've done nothing wrong
#178DesperateMonkey(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 4:07:38 PM
Halo complaints are lol worthy compared to MKWii and SSBB complaints and the non-existent online of Nintendo Land and NSMBU. Please read the topic.
---
#179TrueBlue91Posted 12/6/2012 4:10:26 PM
Halo complaints are lol worthy compared to MKWii and SSBB complaints and the non-existent online of Nintendo Land and NSMBU. Please read the topic.

That's because the standards are so much higher on other formats. Unfortunately online standards are rock-bottom for Nintendo consoles.
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
#180Baha05Posted 12/6/2012 4:18:23 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]