Can Nintendo ever deliver online like Halo or CoD?

#181Baha05Posted 12/6/2012 3:18:43 PM
Baha05 posted...
DesperateMonkey posted...
Halo complaints are lol worthy compared to MKWii and SSBB complaints and the non-existent online of Nintendo Land and NSMBU. Please read the topic.

Your topic should have ended. The fact of the matter is Nintendo CAN make good online modes for games that need and can produce the amount of content Halo or CoD has

---
"LOL fail, SMG and GTA5 aren't even from the same decade. gj." - War_Fail
#182TrueBlue91Posted 12/6/2012 3:20:53 PM
Baha05 posted...
Baha05 posted...
Halo complaints are lol worthy compared to MKWii and SSBB complaints and the non-existent online of Nintendo Land and NSMBU. Please read the topic.

Your topic should have ended. The fact of the matter is Nintendo CAN make good online modes for games that need and can produce the amount of content Halo or CoD has

Proof?
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
#183Baha05Posted 12/6/2012 3:22:20 PM
TrueBlue91 posted...
Proof?

The fact we can have a game like Black Ops 2 on the Wii U exists, so it's possible for Nintendo to go heavy on Online modes. Will they? Who knows but it's not impossible for them to do so.
---
"LOL fail, SMG and GTA5 aren't even from the same decade. gj." - War_Fail
#184enterthemadroxPosted 12/6/2012 3:22:54 PM

I won't "please read the topic" when I already did before replying to it.

Granted, I haven't played online on a Nintendo console ever but I honestly don't care to. Never really liked online play, never bought a game and thought "wow, can't wait to play online against spammers, cheats and glitchers".

I buy Nintendo consoles and games for the top quality single player games.
---
Getting awfully tired of GameFAQs mods removing my posts for being "offensive" when I've done nothing wrong
#185jungfreudPosted 12/6/2012 6:40:52 PM
Except Nintendo's approach isn't any different. People in CoD can chat all the same. Not having voice chat in SSBB is preferable??? How so? Anyone who doesn't want to listen can mute voice chat, all that it does is prevents you from meeting people and communicating with them online and not letting me talk to my friends.

Nintendo must be paying you guys minimum wage here. Put a little effort into it. And nice patting yourself on the back. I mean, a sure sign of success in a topic is you tooting your own horn. How you talk about women implies your inexperience with women much more than it does about me.

You are the one who set up the stupid strawman that voice chat = robust online. People like the "walled garden" approach, both so they don't have to listen to little trolls spout vile obscenities and so their kids don't have to either. Nintendo is the only company left making any kind of effort to preserve anonymity and create a safe space where people can enjoy themselves without having all their business up on facebook and their profiles and inboxes spammed up with trash.

The reason they don't have "online like Halo of COD" in their first party games is because the first time they released "Call of Nintendo" with star bazookas, shell machine guns, and all the other crap CoD has it would become infested by people like you and it would turn off the much larger audience of casual and family friendly gamers that won the last console generation for them. Does that finally answer your question? Because that was obvious to everyone else.

By the way, I like the idea that Nintendo would pay us minimum wage when you are willing to troll for free. You are ruining the job market for us hardworking forum warriors.
#186DesperateMonkey(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 6:48:25 PM(edited)
jungfreud posted...
Except Nintendo's approach isn't any different. People in CoD can chat all the same. Not having voice chat in SSBB is preferable??? How so? Anyone who doesn't want to listen can mute voice chat, all that it does is prevents you from meeting people and communicating with them online and not letting me talk to my friends.

Nintendo must be paying you guys minimum wage here. Put a little effort into it. And nice patting yourself on the back. I mean, a sure sign of success in a topic is you tooting your own horn. How you talk about women implies your inexperience with women much more than it does about me.

You are the one who set up the stupid strawman that voice chat = robust online.

Actually I never said that at all. It is certainly a bare minimum requirement but I have no idea where you are even pulling this from. Oh wait, by the smell of it I do!

Just proof that you have no idea what is even happening in this topic. Do you intentionally try to be this stupid or does it just come naturally?
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#187LordBowserPosted 12/6/2012 6:46:46 PM
Pyro76 posted...
Does it never occur to you that not EVERY game needs online?

I disagree, to an extent.

Any game that can be played in multiplayer that's feasibly possible (I can't think of a single exception) should be able to be played online.

However, outside of a select few games, namely shooters, racers, and fighters (off the top of my head), none of them need excessive online features such as matchmaking. But, being able to team up with friends that don't live near you and having a good time without them having to come to your house would be pretty cool.

Even better is the thought that most games that require wii-motes for local multiplayer could have you using a gamepad instead (if you are alone and have no 'guests').

I have virtually no one to play Nintendo Land with, for instance, so that wipes out so much potential enjoyment for me. However, were online play possible, I could add friends on gamefaqs or play with my buddy who is in another state. Same goes for NSMBU.

It's just a shame that these options aren't available. They *should* be.
---
I am Lord Bowser, King of the Koopas! Bwahaha..
Playing Bowser on Mario Kart, and Noxus on Metroid Prime. I am not a cookie cutter!
#188lgiPosted 12/6/2012 6:51:10 PM
I have virtually no one to play Nintendo Land with, for instance, so that wipes out so much potential enjoyment for me. However, were online play possible, I could add friends on gamefaqs or play with my buddy who is in another state. Same goes for NSMBU.

Your fault, go outside and make friends.

I'm kidding. I agree. Also, not all of your friends are going to have the same taste in games as you do. Not everyone is into Mario games (shocking). But, if it's online, you can find many people to play the game with.
#189DesperateMonkey(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 6:52:36 PM
Thats not possible according to Baha.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#190Dref151Posted 12/6/2012 6:56:20 PM
Baha05 posted...
Can we not talk about SOME games when we named specific ones? Some games don't need online but NSMBU and Nintendo Land sure could use it.

Online does not mean you can't play local. No online just means that if you can't play local, there is NO OTHER OPTION to play multiplayer and that how much multiplayer gameplay you can do is determined by many factors outside of your control. I rather be able to play any time I like. I come home after work and I don't want to invite 4 people to play Nintendo Land. I want to boot it up and play with my wife online.

Could use it yeah, but need it? No.

And with games like Nintendo Land are party games, they aren't really meant to be played like a normal multiplayer game and NSMB U is a platformer which already is going to have some degree of restriction as 2D Platformers and even 3D platformers won't work with online capabilities. Hence why some games will never truly work well with online multiplayer.

I was planning on reading all the post before doing so myself, but let me correct you. LBP. a platformer, a 2d one ( 3 planes), where most the fun comes from the community! wrong is wrong