Can Nintendo ever deliver online like Halo or CoD?

#191jungfreudPosted 12/6/2012 8:09:28 PM
DesperateMonkey posted...
jungfreud posted...
Except Nintendo's approach isn't any different. People in CoD can chat all the same. Not having voice chat in SSBB is preferable??? How so? Anyone who doesn't want to listen can mute voice chat, all that it does is prevents you from meeting people and communicating with them online and not letting me talk to my friends.

Nintendo must be paying you guys minimum wage here. Put a little effort into it. And nice patting yourself on the back. I mean, a sure sign of success in a topic is you tooting your own horn. How you talk about women implies your inexperience with women much more than it does about me.

You are the one who set up the stupid strawman that voice chat = robust online.

Actually I never said that at all. It is certainly a bare minimum requirement but I have no idea where you are even pulling this from. Oh wait, by the smell of it I do!

Just proof that you have no idea what is even happening in this topic. Do you intentionally try to be this stupid or does it just come naturally?

Protip: if you are going to deny you said something, don't quote yourself saying it. Read the last line of your last post to yourself in the mirror.
#192Baha05Posted 12/6/2012 9:37:52 PM
Dref151 posted...
I was planning on reading all the post before doing so myself, but let me correct you. LBP. a platformer, a 2d one ( 3 planes), where most the fun comes from the community! wrong is wrong

But I'm pretty sure LBP isn't a typical platformer is it? There are a few exceptions but for the most part it's really hard to have online for 2D platformers and if you do it'll still be limited to a few modes which TC's topic is asking if they would be capable of robust online modes like CoD and Halo, which in some games it might, others it won't and I don't even think LBP has many modes compared to Halo or CoD, correct me on that if I'm wrong though as I own one on the PSP via the 4 free games but it's a big ass download.
---
"LOL fail, SMG and GTA5 aren't even from the same decade. gj." - War_Fail
#193Spade59Posted 12/6/2012 9:45:22 PM
PedroMontana posted...
No people are just being stupid. I said can NINTENDO deliver online like CoD and people say CoD = Nintendo when CoD is clearly made by ACTIVISION.

Just like you said Goldeneye Wii=Nintendo when you presented it together with Mario Kart Wii as an example for Nintendo not having good enough online when Goldeneye Wii was clearly made by EUROCOM and ACTIVISION.

You're the one who made a stupid mistake in the first place by giving Nintendo responsibility for a third party game, when you really wanted to discuss what Nintendo does with their first party games.

TC claims to be a grown man, which is why I find this so hilarious.

I'm guessing this is 20 solid pages of TC getting massacred as per his usual topics, though from the looks of it he seems to be oblivious. Not to mention the sad personal attacks, the topic is probably just trolling under the guise of very poorly attempted relevancy.
#194jungfreudPosted 12/6/2012 10:06:45 PM
Spade59 posted...
PedroMontana posted...
No people are just being stupid. I said can NINTENDO deliver online like CoD and people say CoD = Nintendo when CoD is clearly made by ACTIVISION.

Just like you said Goldeneye Wii=Nintendo when you presented it together with Mario Kart Wii as an example for Nintendo not having good enough online when Goldeneye Wii was clearly made by EUROCOM and ACTIVISION.

You're the one who made a stupid mistake in the first place by giving Nintendo responsibility for a third party game, when you really wanted to discuss what Nintendo does with their first party games.

TC claims to be a grown man, which is why I find this so hilarious.

I'm guessing this is 20 solid pages of TC getting massacred as per his usual topics, though from the looks of it he seems to be oblivious. Not to mention the sad personal attacks, the topic is probably just trolling under the guise of very poorly attempted relevancy.

Quoted for MFing truth. As a critic, I have to say the trolling was really minor league and the TC should retreat to a shack in the ozarks to polish his misanthropic worldview before returning to these boards.
#195DesperateMonkey(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 10:29:41 PM
Actually, tons of posters have came in here agreeing with me and telling other people that they aren't even talking about anything relevant to the topic. But of course, spade and Jung want to pat each other on the back and call it success. Its pretty pathetic when you have to have your internet buddies cheer you up because you can't read and you can't argue.

Hilarious how you completely ignored the fact that in contrast, no one even gives a single care for Jungs responses.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#196Dref151Posted 12/6/2012 10:32:20 PM
Baha05 posted...
Dref151 posted...
I was planning on reading all the post before doing so myself, but let me correct you. LBP. a platformer, a 2d one ( 3 planes), where most the fun comes from the community! wrong is wrong

But I'm pretty sure LBP isn't a typical platformer is it? There are a few exceptions but for the most part it's really hard to have online for 2D platformers and if you do it'll still be limited to a few modes which TC's topic is asking if they would be capable of robust online modes like CoD and Halo, which in some games it might, others it won't and I don't even think LBP has many modes compared to Halo or CoD, correct me on that if I'm wrong though as I own one on the PSP via the 4 free games but it's a big ass download.

Doesn't have to have unique modes, i never got a vibe saying this is what its about, but just online in general. anyhow, you need online first before you can even talk about modes. And LBP is as typical platformer as any, just with some new concepts. I mean all games have unique points, so just because NSMBU probably couldn't have a system like LBP, doesn't mean you shouldn't be able to play some levels with some randoms.