Can Nintendo ever deliver online like Halo or CoD?

#21PedroMontanaPosted 12/5/2012 6:20:43 AM
DesperateMonkey posted...
No people are just being stupid. I said can NINTENDO deliver online like CoD and people say CoD = Nintendo when CoD is clearly made by ACTIVISION.

Just like you said Goldeneye Wii=Nintendo when you presented it together with Mario Kart Wii as an example for Nintendo not having good enough online when Goldeneye Wii was clearly made by EUROCOM and ACTIVISION.

You're the one who made a stupid mistake in the first place by giving Nintendo responsibility for a third party game, when you really wanted to discuss what Nintendo does with their first party games.

Instead of insulting people, you should have simply edited the opening post and replaced Goldeneye with an actual first/second party game (Brawl, Mario Strikers, Mario Sports Mix, The Last Story).
---
No More Heroes
#22manjiPosted 12/5/2012 6:23:27 AM
@Manji

That is such a poor excuse for having terrible online. LBP is a much better co-op platformer and it still has online. In fact, NSMBU seems like its made for online co-op with the higher and frustrating difficulty of its multiplayer. Mario Kart is the same, quite a joke after all this time to only have so few modes and so poorly fleshed out modes at that. Its offline and online are equally pathetic and 100% dependent on the mascots.

Nintendo Land just requires way too many people for its local multi. If they truly wanted a great local game, they would have at least designed some fun events for only two or three people.

i'm not nintendo, only an outsider looking in from all these years and sure i really believe nintendo has been super slow to embrace online. but they have just now recently created this nintendo network thing so i think they're going to use this for future games. for whatever reason (good or bad), online simply hasn't been a great concern for them. but to answer your original question, yes i do believe Nintendo can deliver online.
#23Helmsly2008Posted 12/5/2012 6:25:08 AM
Nintendo probably could if they had had a team dedicated towards delivering an Online experience like Halo or Cod, but they just seem reluctant to anything with online in general.

Only Hideki Konno has talked about adding online to games with any real passion, which is probably why Mario kart Wii and MK7 are Nintendo's boldest steps towards online gaming.
#24HitagiPosted 12/5/2012 6:25:57 AM
No. Nintendo has proved time and time again that they are absolutely clueless about this newfangled space tech known as the internet. The only hope they have is outsourcing to a western studio.
#25DesperateMonkey(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 6:26:36 AM
Satrage posted...
What was wrong with the online part of Mario Kart for the Wii? it worked really well imo, and even allowed for splitscreen online play..

What I love about nintendo is that they never carelessly force some f*cking online gameplay onto you that in many cases gimp the game in general cause of stealing resources from the project, nintendo includes online where they see fit.

Stealing resources??? Have you even seen the games we are talking about? Please stop being stupid apologists. NSMB Wii was a 200 megabyte game. It looked like any half ass indie developer could have made the game yet it sold for $50. You can't get a higher price for a lower production value than this... Also there is no such thing as taking away resources. Games often include online because they want better sales which means they spend more (or in many cases, any at all) making games.

And talking about NSMB, I recall reading something about nintendo wanting people to be in the same room when playing it.

So you believe anything Nintendo tells you to save money from making a decent online?

Me personally I wouldn't really enjoy playing NSMB online with complete strangers, but that's just me.

Why do you have to??? I know Nintendo probably doesn't pay you enough to think but playing online does not mean you have to play with strangers.

---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#26teknic1200Posted 12/5/2012 6:26:46 AM
monster hunter.

only game we need in 2013. i'll put 1000 hours into it and not be done.
---
Today is the Tomorrow you were promised Yesterday
#27DesperateMonkey(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 6:29:55 AM
Helmsly2008 posted...
Nintendo probably could if they had had a team dedicated towards delivering an Online experience like Halo or Cod, but they just seem reluctant to anything with online in general.

Only Hideki Konno has talked about adding online to games with any real passion, which is probably why Mario kart Wii and MK7 are Nintendo's boldest steps towards online gaming.

Yes well they aren't some poor indie developer. They sell ridiculously low budget games like KEY, DKCR, KRtDL, NSMBU and Wario Land at $50 and always get mad sales.

They can afford to have some COMPETENT online system. They are already giving us less content, at least give us some decent online experiences.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#28ssjmolePosted 12/5/2012 6:31:19 AM
Sorry a party game does not have to be local at all. This isn't the shallow crap that is Wii Sports, nor is it like Wii Sports where you mostly just need TWO people. Nintendo Land is also a game that requires gamers to appreciate most of the references. Nintendo Land definitely needs online. This is like saying Borderlands doesn't need online because it has split screen or RE5 doesn't need online because it use to be single player.

2 things. 1 Party games can. Mario party when it comes out should. But the entire multiplayer of Nintendo land is you seeing something on pad different to tv. Online renders that redundant as hell. 2 resident evil NEVER should have online. I loved the series but now it's a shooter not a survival game because of crap like online. Borderlands should have it though.

NSMBU, I don't even know wtf you're talking about. Thats not an evolution of taking turns multiplayer at all... its a direct response to LBP except LBP clearly had bothered to design the game with multiplayer in mind in where cooperation AND competition is fun. In NSMBU, its a mix of meaninglessness and stupidity. Pressing the A button is cheap as hell and often one person can just rush the level and beat it for everyone. Screwing with each other gets really old really fast as there really isn't a point.

Mario does NOT need online. It was a single player/local game. Online adds nothing of real value.
---
*Gets on his knees and worships Beth Phoenix*
Wrestling,TV,Movie.games and much more reviewed and discussed here : http://xpound.proboards.com/
#29jungfreudPosted 12/5/2012 6:31:36 AM
Well, if you want to play online like COD and Halo then play those games (and you can play the new COD on this system). Shoehorning team death match into Zelda doesn't make much sense. Brawl, MK7, and other first and second party titles on the Wii had online, it seems pretty obvious that they could expand those modes to make them more robust, but aside from some lagginess in Brawl I didn't think much was missing for the last gen versions. How many more modes, maps, and characters did those games need?

It seems you are asking if Nintendo is gonna create an original IP in house to compete with the AAA annual shooter franchises. That seems unlikely given their history and current priorities.
#30Sakurai_MasaPosted 12/5/2012 6:37:27 AM
Kirby's Return to Dreamland and Donkey Kong Country Returns are not low-budget.

What you think of the games has nothing to do with their production costs.
---
I am entertainer!