Can Nintendo ever deliver online like Halo or CoD?

#41starksthegamer2Posted 12/5/2012 6:58:20 AM
NSMBU is not only an extremely difficult game for many to find local friends to play with, its even harder to find a full party of four and almost next to impossible to find 3 other local players who are all GOOD so that the experience doesn't just devolve into stupidness everytime.

NIntendo Land is even worse because it actually needs tons of people to be fun. I've been playing two player multi with my wife in Nintendo Land and it gets old really really fast.

^My current situation
---
Name: GAIJIN Town: YUZU FC: 3824 2113 3584
Name: Koyo Town YUZU FC: 2922 2752 1937 Wii is an acquired taste!
#42NarutoPosted 12/5/2012 7:04:01 AM
Why are people bringing up 3DS online? Mario Kart 7 only has a maximum of eight players and if even one of those quits, your whole match is forfeit. Kid Icarus only has six players. And these games only have the bare minimum of modes.
#43Tweekin56Posted 12/5/2012 7:06:31 AM
DesperateMonkey posted...
Tweekin56 posted...
I don't want Nintendo to embrace online. Mario Party is more fun with four people in a room. Just like Monopoly is more fun with 5 people around a table.

TC: you have multiple people telling you that Nintendo has first party games that have been successfully embraced online usage. If you want to start a topic for conversation you need to understand your all encompassing statement might be wrong. Discussion boards are about engaging in conversation, not being the most right.

How can I be wrong? You and the other Nintendo fanboys in this topic run on some kind of silly logic where whatever Nintendo does = right.

This assumption that online = no offline is one of the stupidest Nintendo Defense Force slogans around.

Its like all logic escapes you guys. Also, no resources are often NOT taken out of games to add online. In fact, many games would not even have sequels if they did not include an online because the game as a single player title did not sell enough.

Now we have Satrage pretending that HIS personal situation = everyones situation.

Nobody gives a **** if you had more fun playing local multi in NSMBU. I did NOT and many people could not because they don't attend school and often work until late into the night or work on weekends or have friends who suck or friends who simply DON'T WANT TO PLAY THE SAME GAMES AS YOU.

There are a billion reasons why online multiplayer can be way better and it is way better for a huge portion of the community. If I had to play Halo locally, I would not be playing it at all.

You're talking to a lifelong gamer, and Sony fanboy actually. I enjoy each of my systems for different reasons. I'm sorry this conversation, where no one is right just has personal preference, has brought you to the point of swearing. Request a vacation from your late nights and weekends so you can enjoy the physical presence of people. That's how everyone else does it. :)

BTW, you're speaking with a working professional, with a master's degree, not a student which you and many other "Passionate" writers decide to attack first.
---
Locke: Crazy people don't know they're crazy, they think they're getting saner.
#44DesperateMonkey(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 7:10:10 AM
Yes, let me change my work schedule to play local multiplayer. Let me also change everyone elses schedule to fit in with my new schedule. Oh and of course, let me force MY interests on my friends. Then I will train them individually to play as well as I do!

Where the hell did you get your masters? I would assume even a bachelors at a decent college would teach the basics of critical thought.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#45megax11Posted 12/5/2012 7:13:11 AM
I bet they could, but it wouldn't be from the crappy FPS - ten million release every year - genre.

I bet when Smash Bros. comes out, the online for that will be hopping.
---
The ALL THINGS GAMING fanboy. PSWiiU60DSPVita FTW! 1356 games and still growing. XBL: GameMaster1178 PSN: megax28 Wii U: GameMaster1178
#46DesperateMonkey(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 7:14:20 AM(edited)
megax11 posted...
I bet they could, but it wouldn't be from the crappy FPS - ten million release every year - genre.

Wow... please don't jinx it.

Did you remember to knock on wood?
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#47P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 12/5/2012 7:19:36 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kdIayjzWf8
---
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Samurai Warriors 3DS
http://youtu.be/X21mJh6j9i4
#48megax11Posted 12/5/2012 7:21:22 AM
megax11 posted...

Wow... please don't jinx it.

Did you remember to knock on wood?

So, when anyone is giving you a positive reaction about Nintendo's potential for online goodness, you're striking it down? It seems to be, that your pessimism is making it so you don't see the good in everyones' retorts to the question you originally asked.

By the way, getting friends to come over and play games is only hard to people who afraid to be social or are anti-social.

Just last Saturday, I had friends come over, and we played everyone of my Wii U games. These friends were seeing the single player of games for the first time on Wii U, then we ended the night by playing hours or New Super Mario U and Nintendoland.

My crib is no stranger to get togethers, and infact, we all value get togethers over pathetic online. Why? Because, it's not fun listening to people on the other end of headsets, when you can cook out steaks/burgers or order pizzas and fill up 2 rooms full of people and have a Halo LAN party.

The games this house plays at get togethers -

Halo(s)
Smash Bros.
New Super Mario Wii (2009) and U (2012)
Nintendoland
Soul Calibur(s)

If you're wanting to paint a bad image of Nintendo online, just so it can look bad, no matter what anyone says good about it, you shouldn't ask, and you should just resort to praising the 360/PS3 for their online capabilities. That's the impression I am getting, seeing as you're seeing no one elses point.
---
The ALL THINGS GAMING fanboy. PSWiiU60DSPVita FTW! 1356 games and still growing. XBL: GameMaster1178 PSN: megax28 Wii U: GameMaster1178
#49Tweekin56Posted 12/5/2012 7:23:54 AM
Yes, let me change my work schedule to play local multiplayer. Let me also change everyone elses schedule to fit in with my new schedule. Oh and of course, let me force MY interests on my friends. Then I will train them individually to play as well as I do!

Where the hell did you get your masters? I would assume even a bachelors at a decent college would teach the basics of critical thought.

Critical thought means accepting that not everyone is the same. I'm sorry you don't like it, don't get it or sell it back. But don't come on here telling everyone they're wrong because something doesn't have what you want.

Anyone who understands the basics of critical thought knows they're not going to force their opinion on everyone and expect everyone to agree.
---
Locke: Crazy people don't know they're crazy, they think they're getting saner.
#50b1gt0nePosted 12/5/2012 7:27:52 AM
Buretsu posted...
AstralFrost posted...
No its not their specialty, which is giving you some cheap gimmick you don't really want instead of a proper console with good games.

Microsoft Kinect.

Thank you!!