Can Nintendo ever deliver online like Halo or CoD?

#61megax11Posted 12/5/2012 8:02:54 AM(edited)
Well, you're apparently not here to see anyone's side other than your own. You came to ask the question you did, in order to refute any comments that directly go against your own.

In that case, you should have spent this time praising 360/PS3 online, or Halo/COD online, instead of making it sound like a legitimate question about Wii U's future online capabilities.

Again, I know a friend who hacks CoD and he says others do it as well. That means CoD online is far from perfect. I don't play Call of Dookie online, as they release that crap once a year. I own Black Ops 2 (for single player only), so I could have more games that show off my Wii U, otherwise I wouldn't have touched it with a ten-foot pole.

As for Halo, I can speak from exerience. I consider myself to be a beast at Halo, but the game is FAR FROM PERFECT online. FARRRRRRRRRRRRR FROM IT! When you have nosebleeding geeks standing in front of your Wraith, because you got to it before them, so they make it trouble for you to move, because they keep getting in your way, so you can possibly be booted after just one accidental team kill (yes sometimes the boot player screen comes up after just 1 kill and not 2), you know your online is flawed.

When your online only selects Forge maps more than maps that were originally programmed in, you know your online is flawed. When your game allows for team killing online, you know your online is flawed.

Bungie/343 could have gotten rid of the issues that plague Halo's online, but they refuse to take away the option to team kill your teammates, thus it is very flawed.

This is why games like Mario Kart and Smash Bros. have always been fun online. Anything team oriented, doesn't involve a bunch of dorks acting like... well dorks.
---
The ALL THINGS GAMING fanboy. PSWiiU60DSPVita FTW! 1356 games and still growing. XBL: GameMaster1178 PSN: megax28 Wii U: GameMaster1178
#62LUlGIPosted 12/5/2012 8:05:08 AM
Well, you're apparently not here to see anyone's side other than your own. You came to ask the question you did, in order to refute any comments that directly go against your own.

In that case, you should have spent this time praising 360/PS3 online, or Halo/COD online, instead of making it sound like a legitimate question about Wii U's future online capabilities.

Again, I know a friend who hacks CoD and he says others do it as well. That means CoD online is far from perfect. I don't play Call of Dookie online, as they release that crap once a year. I own Black Ops 2, so I could have more games that show off my Wii U, otherwise I wouldn't have touched it with a ten-foot pole.

As for Halo, I can speak from exerience. I consider myself to be a beast at Halo, but the game is FAR FROM PERFECT online. FARRRRRRRRRRRRR FROM IT! When you have nosebleeding geeks standing in front of your Wraith, because you got to it before them, so they make it trouble for you to move, because they keep getting in your way, so you can possibly be booted after just one accidental team kill (yes sometimes the boot player screen comes up after just 1 kill and not 2), you know your online is flawed.

When your online only selects Forge maps more than maps that were originally programmed in, you know your online is flawed. When your game allows for team killing online, you know your online is flawed.

Bungie/343 could have gotten rid of the issues that plague Halo's online, but they refuse to take away the option to team kill your teammates, thus it is very flawed.

This is why games like Mario Kart and Smash Bros. have always been fun online. Anything team oriented, doesn't involve a bunch of dorks acting like... well dorks.

What in the world do any of those have to do with the content, features and capabilities of the game's online?
#63DesperateMonkey(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 8:14:03 AM(edited)
megax11 posted...

Whose side are you talking about? I asked the question of whether Nintendo CAN make a good online experience with their in house games. The answers I got were "Nintendo doesn't need online", "Online = no offline", "online is anti-social", "tacked on online sucks", "online makes offline worse" and "lol I don't like FPS bros!".

These people answered a question alright. It just has nothing to do with my question. Sorry for your poor reading skillz. Your own post is completely returded and exemplifies the idiocy of trying to have a discussion with Nintendo apologists who can't even admit the problem.

Like what the hell does your complaint about Halo have to do with anything? Their problems is from getting good to great. Nintendos problem is getting from non-existent to decent. No one said Halo was perfect but of course you want to answer the question about how Halo isn't perfect instead of what was asked.

This is so pathetic on so many levels.

Also I've been playing infinity team slayer and there is no friendly fire.... so even your facts are wrong.

Even the modes with FF, I don't see anyone being a dork at all. Maybe your the ass and your projecting.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#64megax11Posted 12/5/2012 8:17:41 AM
LUlGI posted...

Again, I know a friend who hacks CoD and he says others do it as well. That means CoD online is far from perfect. I don't play Call of Dookie online, as they release that crap once a year. I own Black Ops 2, so I could have more games that show off my Wii U, otherwise I wouldn't have touched it with a ten-foot pole.

What in the world do any of those have to do with the content, features and capabilities of the game's online?

What features are there to praise about COD and Halo online? I have played Modern Warfare 1 and 2 online before and nothing screamed awesome to me so much, that I had to compare it to the features of other online games. What about COD and Halo is so original, that no other game in any other genre - or the same genre - has done it before?

I play Halo almost every weekend. It was Halo 1 at the house until 2004, Halo 2 at the house and online until 2007, Halo 3 at the house and online until 2010, and now it's Halo 4.

I can speak from experience, that these two games don't do anything mind bending, that it would make me need to praise it and compare them to the online features of other games.

So, what about them makes them so full featured? Is it Halo's version of horde mode (Firefight)? I've been playing "wave" games since Robotron. Is it team deathmacth? I've been doing that since Doom on my old Packard Bell 486 with 14.4 baud modem. How about deathmatch? Did that as well, starting with Doom, but Goldeneye on the 64 seemed to nail it. These are all games I still own to this day by the way.

I love Halo, but its features aren't anything to write home about. This is the part where I say, "it's just another FPS." COD? Let me guess... perks, right?

Now, when games like Smash Bros and Playstation All Stars does multiplayer, at least it's different. It's something I wished Power Stone was back in the day... online.

The gaming industry needs new styles of games to play online. Not just racers and shooters. We need party-style fighters online (ie Smash Bros.), and if racers are going to be online, for God's sake, please have weapons like Mario Kart or Sonic Racing.

Sorry, I went off track. Please tell me how COD and Halo are so fully featured, in a way that it deserves praise?
---
The ALL THINGS GAMING fanboy. PSWiiU60DSPVita FTW! 1356 games and still growing. XBL: GameMaster1178 PSN: megax28 Wii U: GameMaster1178
#65megax11Posted 12/5/2012 8:24:47 AM
DesperateMonkey posted...
megax11 posted...

Whose side are you talking about? I asked the question of whether Nintendo CAN make a good online experience with their in house games. The answers I got were "Nintendo doesn't need online", "Online = no offline", "online is anti-social", "tacked on online sucks", "online makes offline worse" and "lol I don't like FPS bros!".

These people answered a question alright. It just has nothing to do with my question. Sorry for your poor reading skillz. Your own post is completely returded and exemplifies the idiocy of trying to have a discussion with Nintendo apologists who can't even admit the problem.

Like what the hell does your complaint about Halo have to do with anything? Their problems is from getting good to great. Nintendos problem is getting from non-existent to decent. No one said Halo was perfect but of course you want to answer the question about how Halo isn't perfect instead of what was asked.

This is so pathetic on so many levels.

Also I've been playing infinity team slayer and there is no friendly fire.... so even your facts are wrong.

Even the modes with FF, I don't see anyone being a dork at all. Maybe your the ass and your projecting.

That's Halo 4, which has only been on the market for a few weeks. It's about time they learned their lesson. However, some modes in Halo 4 (CTF) still allows for FF, so it's not totally gone.

Why couldn't they have gotten that right in Reach, which I have been playing for the past 2 years?

Features alone don't make any kind of online experience great. Sometimes, it's the simplest games that make said game great online and off.

You can have a fully featured online mode in any given game be ruined by those who play it, thus it kind of defeats the purpose of said online features.
---
#66DesperateMonkey(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 8:32:52 AM(edited)
Halo 4 has a crapload of unique game modes, has file sharing to easily exchange pictures, replays and maps, has the ability to make maps whether for fun or to practice certain weapons, is fairly lagless from the last couple of weeks I've played, has good voice chat support that I can easily make a party of people who can communicate and join games together with, has a pretty good perk system, adds new co-op missions every week, can play the campaign co-op online as well and offers both weekly and monthly challenges to promote different gametypes (which is awesome or I would never have found Regicide and Team Regicide which is really great. Also I really had fun with Oddball, otherwise I wouldn't have tried it).

The point isn't being original. Only an idiot thinks good = original. Good = good.

Now, please tell me whats so great about Smash Bros in terms of robust online features. Also there is nothing different about Smash Bros online. Its just the same as it is offline. Your talking about the game, not the online which just shows that you still don't have a clue as to what this discussion is about.

Also features ARE what makes it great. Halo is a great multiplayer game. I wouldn't play it if it wasn't. Its your opinion that lacking friendly fire is a good thing. I play the modes now that DO have friendly fire and I think they are better than Infinity Slayer.

Your also ignorant. You shouldn't haven't mentioned 343 if you didn't want to talk about Halo 4.
---
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#67LUlGIPosted 12/5/2012 8:31:09 AM
What features are there to praise about COD and Halo online? I have played Modern Warfare 1 and 2 online before and nothing screamed awesome to me so much, that I had to compare it to the features of other online games. What about COD and Halo is so original, that no other game in any other genre - or the same genre - has done it before?

Once again, you're completely missing the point, because no one is telling you to praise any of Halo or CoD's modes for being "original"
Even so, you have plenty of different types of matches to do, you have your online co-op for story, you have your level editors, hell weren't there some modes that felt like racing mini games? You have a ranking system now. You can customize your character and weapons.

Complaining about hitting your partners? It's realistic and even happens on single player story mode. If you're going to complain about that then you might as well call NSMB extremely flawed from a multiplayer perspective.
#68LUlGIPosted 12/5/2012 8:32:16 AM
Now, when games like Smash Bros and Playstation All Stars does multiplayer, at least it's different. It's something I wished Power Stone was back in the day... online.

It does absolutely nothing different. ESPECIALLY Smash Bros.

You must not play any fighting games other than those.
#69dscube79Posted 12/5/2012 8:35:36 AM
Nintendo said they wont do an xbox live kinda thing, since online play is free on nintendo console, i see no problem,,
---
Wii60
#70DesperateMonkey(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 8:36:24 AM
I'm starting to wonder if Mega has even played smash bros. Its online is bare minimum. Whether you like the game itself or not has absolutely nothing to do with the discussion. Someone can easily not like Smash bros gameplay period. But if you do like it, you want more online features and modes and support and at least a basic and simple way to connect with friends.
---