Why does my Wii U make me choose my Mii user EVERY SINGLE time I startup?

#1HellsingOrgPosted 12/5/2012 2:33:19 AM
I don't have any other users just my own.
Yet every time I turn it on I have to select my user.

My friends don't have to do this.
How can I change it so its automatic?
---
The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.
#2SocranPosted 12/5/2012 2:35:07 AM
I'm sure you can, because you're right about your friends not having to do it. Hmm... Not sure where, exactly. I know you can change your user with an option in the upper left. See if there's something there that gives you an option.

You're not using, like, some kind of temporary guest account, are you?
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#3HellsingOrg(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 2:40:03 AM
Socran posted...
I'm sure you can, because you're right about your friends not having to do it. Hmm... Not sure where, exactly. I know you can change your user with an option in the upper left. See if there's something there that gives you an option.

nope its my account and its the main only one.
I tried going into account settings but their nothing about making it the default user so it doesn't ask me each time.
---
#4Lozh900Posted 12/5/2012 2:41:49 AM
HellsingOrg posted...
Socran posted...

I tried going into account settings but their nothing about making it the default user so it doesn't ask me each time.

When you choose you Mii are you required to enter your password? If so, turn that feature off so it doesn't require a password and you'll be happy.
---
XBL/GFW-L : Loz Gloss Hill / PSN : JenovaRebirth
i7 2600k @ 3.8ghz / 8gb ddr3 1333 / Gtx 560 se 1gb gddr5 / 1tb hdd / 600w psu silent / win 7 home prem 64
#5YoyokuKOPosted 12/5/2012 2:43:27 AM
HellsingOrg posted...

look harder
its there
#6HellsingOrg(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 2:43:48 AM
Lozh900 posted...
HellsingOrg posted...
Socran posted...

When you choose you Mii are you required to enter your password? If so, turn that feature off so it doesn't require a password and you'll be happy.

I already turned that feature off so it doesn't ask me.
but I want it to just take me to the miiverse on startup like everyone else has their wii u configured.
---
#7HellsingOrg(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 2:44:16 AM
YoyokuKO posted...
HellsingOrg posted...

look harder
its there

what is the setting called?
---
#8YoyokuKOPosted 12/5/2012 2:45:43 AM
i'll be honest. i too lazy to turn my system on at the moment. >_>
but truly, you can by pass selecting users
#9SocranPosted 12/5/2012 2:58:50 AM
....Nobody? Okay, well, "somebody else can handle it" is officially no longer in effect.

*Goes downstairs and fumbles around in the dark*

Okay, I found it. Go to your account selection, and under the picture of your Mii tap "User Settings". Put in your password, then tap... I think it was "User-Selection Settings". From there you'll have two options, to change your password or to change settings for automatically logging in as you start up the system.
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#10PrinceOfHotPosted 12/5/2012 2:58:51 AM
I remember their being an option about that when i was setting it up.