600 mb FW update?

#11Tuggboat1121Posted 12/5/2012 4:34:44 AM
Brian Crecente with Polygon said his system loads faster now.
---
New England Patriots: 9-3. AFC East Champs!
XBL: Clayton Bigsbe. PSN/Nintendo ID: ClaytonBigsbe
#12trenkenPosted 12/5/2012 4:38:10 AM
supo posted...
Is it like an expansion pack for the OS? What about those poor souls with limited hdd capacity?

Amazingly, all it does is fix things youll never notice. Nintendo kinda sucks at this whole update thing. Before you know it we'll have 10gb of update data on these things.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#13Woozle_WuzzlePosted 12/5/2012 4:42:53 AM
FFXIgaiaknight posted...
funny thing is this didnt even dent my memory left i still have 23GB im wondering if the 5GB taken up by the wiiu wasnt exactly full and this just took up some of that 5GB

LOL 23 GB??? Lmaolmaolmaolmaolmao

What a noob crap system if u have a whopping 23 GB after one update in 2012 lolol

Ershmagerd brochovskies my has a awesomes 30 gig hard driiiiiivvvvvveee!!

LMFAO ^
#14EoinPosted 12/5/2012 4:54:24 AM
Firmware updates replace each other. As in, completely. They don't accumulate and shouldn't cause anyone to run out of space. It's a little weird to see people thinking otherwise but I guess the idea of large firmware updates is new to many.

Tuggboat1121 posted...
Brian Crecente with Polygon said his system loads faster now.

Digital Foundry confirmed on Twitter that there's no difference. I suspect that a lot (perhaps most or even all) of the load time improvements people are reporting is perception rather than reality.
#15ssjmolePosted 12/5/2012 4:57:45 AM
Could it be an update to Miiverse to get communities ready for upcoming games like Lego undercover ? Or could it fix the foreign character glitch that makes some games crash if Miiverse is on?
---
*Gets on his knees and worships Beth Phoenix*
Wrestling,TV,Movie.games and much more reviewed and discussed here : http://xpound.proboards.com/
#16FoofyheadPosted 12/5/2012 5:00:08 AM
Woozle_Wuzzle posted...
FFXIgaiaknight posted...
funny thing is this didnt even dent my memory left i still have 23GB im wondering if the 5GB taken up by the wiiu wasnt exactly full and this just took up some of that 5GB

What a noob crap system if u have a whopping 23 GB after one update in 2012 lolol

LMFAO ^

You really are a WWWOOOOZle, aren't you.
---
Slow drivers should have their own roads to use, special roads for special drivers. Or, there should be a lane for these special people. Maybe the right lane.
#17EoinPosted 12/5/2012 5:03:31 AM
ssjmole posted...
Could it be an update to Miiverse to get communities ready for upcoming games like Lego undercover ?

I would expect (and hope) that Nintendo have a better way to handle communities for upcoming games than a firmware update, because that would get astoundingly tiresome.
#18FFXIgaiaknightPosted 12/5/2012 5:13:38 AM
Woozle_Wuzzle posted...
FFXIgaiaknight posted...

LMFAO ^

ok?
---
Currently Playing: New Super Mario Bros. U (Wii U)
NNI: Gaiaknight