Greatest Mario Game FINAL ROUND

#11COlimar788Posted 12/5/2012 7:48:29 AM
GameLord113 posted...
Galaxy 2 is not the greatest Mario game. This just shows the age the users of GameFAQs.

Except it is, with its only real competition as far as the main Marios go being Mario World.

Why is Smash Bros. on this list, though? And, for that matter, why is it and Paper Mario both clumped together as series? That seems a bit silly.
---
Twilight Sparkle is best pony.
3DS Friend Code: 2234-7169-9510
#12DrBoneCrusher(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 7:48:49 AM
pikachupwnage posted...
SMASH BROS IS NOT A MARIO GAME!

That should have been argued more in Round 3. I agree, but I felt that if I didn't put it in the spin-off round people would complain. It won that round by quite a bit, so if people felt that way they shouldn't have voted for it.
#13LUlGIPosted 12/5/2012 7:50:50 AM
I think someone is using a few alts for SMG 2...

Did you set it to one vote per IP?
#14DrBoneCrusher(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 7:59:03 AM
LUlGI posted...
I think someone is using a few alts for SMG 2...

Did you set it to one vote per IP?

I always set my polls to "anybody, registered or not" to allow people who like to lurk and not be registered with GFaqs participate. I know it won't let you vote multiple times from your IP address because it will give a message saying "a vote has already been received from this IP address". The downside is that alts can be used to vote, so people with multiple alts can vote multiple times. I never really had an issue with it, but this seems sort of blatant because SMG 2 didn't even win the round it was in.
#15LinkSSJ6Posted 12/5/2012 8:03:31 AM
The mainstream game I, the superior human being known as gamefaqs user doesn't like is winning!!
Alts confirmed!!!
---
Nothing negative will be tolerated.
Let's think positively!!
#16AXKSIONPosted 12/5/2012 8:34:48 AM
GameLord113 posted...
Galaxy 2 is not the greatest Mario game. This just shows the age the users of GameFAQs.

^ this

these polls that underage casual gamers who play halo and clone of duty, who vote for the crappiest of games just makes me sad. this is so f-ing pathetic that you guys would vote for the subpar game Galaxy 2 over the superior game, SM64. You all should be ashamed and embarrassed.

Also, you who vote for crappy games like that embarrass me, and you make me ashamed to be a human being, assuming you are one.

Hell, at least you didn't vote for the first Galaxy, pee-yew! MG2 is much better than the first, for sure.
---
http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s574/akxsion/Nintendo.png http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s574/akxsion/SMRPG.jpg
#17trenkenPosted 12/5/2012 8:37:14 AM
The GalaZy games bored me. Toss up between World and 64, had to go with World.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#18Hiten Mitsurugi SPosted 12/5/2012 8:38:15 AM
Galaxy 1 is WAY better than 2.

I voted for 64.

Second favorite is SMW, then Galaxy 1.
---
PSN : The14thOne.
#19DrBoneCrusher(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 8:48:58 AM
LinkSSJ6 posted...
The mainstream game I, the superior human being known as gamefaqs user doesn't like is winning!!
Alts confirmed!!!

If you look at the results from Round 2 then look at these results, it doesn't match up. SMG 2 shouldn't be blowing the other games out of the water. It should be a much tighter race. So yes, someone unfortunately used a few alts to vote for SMG 2.
#20GameLord113Posted 12/5/2012 9:12:00 AM
COlimar788 posted...
GameLord113 posted...

Except it is, with its only real competition as far as the main Marios go being Mario World.

It really isn't. Galaxy 2 is a great game but it just doesn't have the magic that SMB 3, world, and 64 had. Call it nostalgia or whatever but I don't think this generation of gamers appreciates the classics.