Greatest Mario Game FINAL ROUND

#61no1oblivionfanPosted 12/5/2012 4:56:36 PM
I hate SMG, seriously can anyone explain to me what's so good about it? Because I just don't get all the hype over it.
---
Steam: An_Orang3e
#62DTY3Posted 12/5/2012 4:58:26 PM
AXKSION posted...
pikachupwnage posted...
MoonpigMoonpig posted...
All marios after Mario 64 were really bad.

My top 3

Mario 64
Super Mario World
Mario Bros 3

Lol no.

Nostalgia owns this man.

What the F does nostalgia have to do with anything?

I played Super Mario 64 over Thanksgiving weekend and it's far better than the casual Galaxy games. SM64 is much better because it has better quality, it has nothing to do with nostalgia, otherwise the game wouldn't be great still.

You guys have nostalgia for the sucky Galaxy games since they are your guys' first Mario games and you guys make me sad.

I agree with Gamelord.

How is Galaxy casual and 64 not casual? 64 is way easier.

6 units of health, health refilling coins everywhere and water refills your health too. You shouldn't die.

Galaxy's second trash minigame is harder than anything in 64.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/DTY16
GameFAQS users are far too sensitive.
#63DTY3Posted 12/5/2012 5:01:33 PM
no1oblivionfan posted...
I hate SMG, seriously can anyone explain to me what's so good about it? Because I just don't get all the hype over it.

it takes the good things about 64, cuts the bad things (like N64 era camera and control) and amps up th scale on everything.

More powerups
More useful powerups
More creative powerups
Better platforming
Better walljumping
Better soundtrack
Better plot (not important but still better)
Bosses that aren't complete jokes
A more reliable melee attack

Oh and what I just did was support my opinion, something the 64 lovers can't seem to do :/
---
#64AMGPosted 12/5/2012 5:03:48 PM
Super Mario 64.
#65GameLord113Posted 12/5/2012 5:07:49 PM
DTY3 posted...
GameLord113 posted...
DrBoneCrusher posted...
No trolling the poll please. Opinions and discussions are welcomed, but no name calling.

Yea I wasn't trolling anyone. These little kids are so quick to be like "oh s*** he be trolling". If they could actually read and comprehend what I was saying then maybe they would realize that. Plus I'm sure they reported me to the mods and none of my messages got deleted so ha.

>I wasn't trolling anyone
>these little kids
>none of my messages got deleted so ha

^
|
|
Seems legit.

Very legit. I stated my opinions and people take it as trolling. Plus it is little kids because they can't spell nor read.
#66DTY3Posted 12/5/2012 5:09:49 PM
GameLord113 posted...
DTY3 posted...
GameLord113 posted...
DrBoneCrusher posted...
No trolling the poll please. Opinions and discussions are welcomed, but no name calling.

Yea I wasn't trolling anyone. These little kids are so quick to be like "oh s*** he be trolling". If they could actually read and comprehend what I was saying then maybe they would realize that. Plus I'm sure they reported me to the mods and none of my messages got deleted so ha.

>these little kids

^
|
|
Seems legit.

Very legit. I stated my opinions and people take it as trolling. Plus it is little kids because they can't spell nor read.

Oh I see you're one of those people who thinks new games can't possibly be better than old ones.
K.
---
#67GameLord113Posted 12/5/2012 5:12:36 PM
DTY3 posted...
no1oblivionfan posted...

it takes the good things about 64, cuts the bad things (like N64 era camera and control) and amps up th scale on everything.

More powerups
More useful powerups
More creative powerups
Better platforming
Better walljumping
Better soundtrack

Oh and what I just did was support my opinion, something the 64 lovers can't seem to do :/

You are correct. Objectively Galaxy 2 is a better game then 64, but that doesn't make it more fun to play as I stated earlier. Overall they both can't touch SMW.
#68GameLord113Posted 12/5/2012 5:15:56 PM
DTY3 posted...
GameLord113 posted...
DTY3 posted...
GameLord113 posted...
DrBoneCrusher posted...

>these little kids

^
|
|
Seems legit.

Oh I see you're one of those people who thinks new games can't possibly be better than old ones.
K.

I never said that. Overall new games are way better then the older ones. When it comes to certain genres and series some of thier older counterparts are far superior.
#69DTY3Posted 12/5/2012 5:20:26 PM
GameLord113 posted...
DTY3 posted...
no1oblivionfan posted...

More powerups
More useful powerups
More creative powerups
Better platforming
Better walljumping
Better soundtrack

You are correct. Objectively Galaxy 2 is a better game then 64, but that doesn't make it more fun to play as I stated earlier. Overall they both can't touch SMW.

....yeah a better game is more fun to play.
Just accept that what you're feeling is nostalgia and move on
---
#70GameLord113Posted 12/5/2012 5:22:25 PM
DTY3 posted...
GameLord113 posted...
DTY3 posted...
no1oblivionfan posted...

More powerups
More useful powerups
More creative powerups
Better platforming
Better walljumping
Better soundtrack

....yeah a better game is more fun to play.
Just accept that what you're feeling is nostalgia and move on

Just accept that Super Mario World is winning now and move on