Tank! Tank! Tank! places 13th on UK Wii U charts, outsells FIFA and Darksiders

#1PedroMontanaPosted 12/5/2012 9:09:51 AM
Looks like those island people have similar tastes to me... or perhaps the cheap price is helping:

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=192120

Refreshing to see this after all the ignorant reviewers bashing what looks like an excellent arcade port. (Mine will arrive tomorrow, i wanted to buy it at launch, but none of the local retailers had it, so i ordered from amazon yesterday.)
---
No More Heroes
#2stekim40Posted 12/5/2012 9:11:45 AM
Shovelware sells. :(

Can't wait until we get a decent game, all the launch titles are poor ports or a let down.
Roll on Pikmin 3!
---
Playing: Xcom:EU, PC Minecraft, Skyrim , F1 2012
Waiting for: ELITE 4 (still), GTA V, Pikmin 3, Dragon Age 3
#3catgrizinsiderPosted 12/5/2012 9:14:17 AM
Tank! Tank! Tank! is a fantastic little game. I love it. It's just plain fun.
#4Newbie00Posted 12/5/2012 10:58:05 AM
People defaulted into buying that crud since the Wii U is a new release and has little else worth buying atm.
---
Sokar, Eliot... lay off Tony. I can vouch for him. He's a top lad and a massive PS3 supporter. He's not an enemy here. - SomnusNemoris on the Sony Defense Force
#5catgrizinsiderPosted 12/5/2012 11:02:12 AM
Newbie00 posted...
People defaulted into buying that crud since the Wii U is a new release and has little else worth buying atm.

I don't think it's crud...have you played it? Yeah, not a AAA-title by any means, but it is fun. Reminds me kinda of what Blast Corps was for the N64 launch lineup.
#6lionheart5656Posted 12/5/2012 11:04:29 AM
Newbie00 posted...

I don't think it's crud...have you played it? Yeah, not a AAA-title by any means, but it is fun. Reminds me kinda of what Blast Corps was for the N64 launch lineup.

Sorry $50 for a lazily ported arcade game with no new features and no online is pretty much a cash in like most shovelware.
---
Men must be taught as if you taught them not, And things unknown proposed as things forgot.
Shooting blanks, every time, all the time.
#7GeassMasterPosted 12/5/2012 11:14:20 AM(edited)
I'm surprised being Nintendo fan I thought you would pay more attention to sales(since that's the only thing that matters to most of you guys)

Nintendoland sold ~40k...... so it's likely tank tank tank is in the 1k-10k range.

Shame Darksiders did so bad, THQ is already in hot water, the Wii U version did nothing to help at all like all the fanboys here said it would.

Edit: I don't even think any of these ports are going to even break even and pay off the porting costs and multiple country licensing costs......
---
Now Playing: Mugen Souls, Ragnarok Odyessy, P4G, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation, DW: Gundam 2
I Have A Huge Backlog.
#8poo111111111111Posted 12/5/2012 11:18:55 AM
The problem Darksiders has was, if you had any sense (as people who like Darksiders usually do.) they'll have had it thrust into their faces multiples times. I held out for it. Then saw it was 40. Then amazon had it as a deal about 5 times during Black Friday week for 15. As good as it is I wasn't gonna pay the extra 25 for it.

Same happened with Sonic. Amazon put it up for 17.99 on PS3. As opposed to the 40.
#9GeassMasterPosted 12/5/2012 11:31:08 AM
poo111111111111 posted...
The problem Darksiders has was, if you had any sense (as people who like Darksiders usually do.) they'll have had it thrust into their faces multiples times. I held out for it. Then saw it was 40. Then amazon had it as a deal about 5 times during Black Friday week for 15. As good as it is I wasn't gonna pay the extra 25 for it.

Same happened with Sonic. Amazon put it up for 17.99 on PS3. As opposed to the 40.

I don't think it has anything to do with that. I remember there being a bunch of threads about Darksiders 2 doing rather bad..... and a bunch of Nintendo fanboys saying the that Wii U version will help the game sell alot of copies(which it didn't)
---
Now Playing: Mugen Souls, Ragnarok Odyessy, P4G, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation, DW: Gundam 2
I Have A Huge Backlog.
#10EoinPosted 12/5/2012 11:34:14 AM
GeassMaster posted...
Nintendoland sold ~40k...... so it's likely tank tank tank is in the 1k-10k range.

The projected figures for Nintendo Land were ~26k - it was the console itself with estimated figures of 40k.

GeassMaster posted...
Edit: I don't even think any of these ports are going to even break even and pay off the porting costs and multiple country licensing costs......

Some of them will have. The Sonic racing game will - Sonic games have extremely long sales lifetimes in Europe. Ubisoft will probably be happy with having 4 games in the top 10 ( 5 in the top 11). Arkham City probably will break even as well. It does look like some games are going to struggle to break even though. EA especially are going to be looking at these charts and trying to evaluate what went wrong.