Its has never been about graphics vs gameplay...

#11DesperateMonkey(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 10:40:42 AM(edited)
So....?

People obviously don't understand the whole graphics things. Graphics encompasses a lot of stuff including animations and art style. That someone likes a game which is TECHNICALLY inferior has no bearing on how important graphics are.

Graphical POWER (one aspect of graphics) is the most objective measurement of what is better. You may not like Crysis because it looks ugly artistically to you but it would look worse in low settings. You may love NSMBU but it looks even better on a vibrant TV in 720p compared to running them through composite cables on crappy SDTVs.

You may like MHTri more than Dark Souls but you'll like MHTri and Dark Souls more the higher the settings.

Power is the one thing that will make anything better. Try playing a PC game on high and low settings/res. Its unbearably different and even then, the minimum settings are pretty high neglecting a lot of the current market because they deem anything less as unacceptable.

Obviously there are certain genres that CAN function with less graphical power but ultimately, power dictates what art styles are available and how successful those styles can be executed. L.A Noire for example isn't going to work with SMB3 graphics.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#12DTY3Posted 12/5/2012 10:36:03 AM
DesperateMonkey posted...
DTY3 posted...
Well U Tablet counts towards gameplay.

I guess that could be true. But I don't even believe gameplay and graphics can exist. Gameplay will always be dependent on graphics. Better graphics = better gameplay experiences.

Not necessarily.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/DTY16
GameFAQS users are far too sensitive.
#13DesperateMonkey(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 10:41:08 AM
read above you.
---
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#14KrowsPosted 12/5/2012 10:48:03 AM
I don't know about you, but I get much more upset when I plug in a new game and the controls suck than when the graphics suck.

Case in point:

Tank! Tank! Tank! is a bad game because of watered down controls, NOT because dreamcast graphics.

I am a firm believer that graphics barely effect the game, with the exception of FPS and Driving games, because that is all they have going for them.
---
I nominate this for the worst argument and dumbest post award- exid11
#15DesperateMonkey(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 10:52:43 AM
Krows posted...
I don't know about you, but I get much more upset when I plug in a new game and the controls suck than when the graphics suck.

Case in point:

Tank! Tank! Tank! is a bad game because of watered down controls, NOT because dreamcast graphics.

I am a firm believer that graphics barely effect the game, with the exception of FPS and Driving games, because that is all they have going for them.

So basically your just another anti-CoD hipster who tries to prove you don't care about shallow things like "graphics". I bet you say you don't care about attractive women either. People often pretend not to care about the things they can't have.
---
#16tizzywilkillyouPosted 12/5/2012 10:56:01 AM(edited)
Lots of people have HTPCs today. They support game controllers.

The ONLY reason to go with MSFT or SCE's offerings over PCs are the exclusives. I was gonna say local multiplayer, but those platforms don't offer much in that area either. Cost MAY be a factor, but the fact is an okay HTPC won't break the bank. Might cost more than PS360 by some margin, but won't break the bank.

And of course as a multimedia hub, a PC will do more than PS360 could ever hope to do.
---
i5 2550k, 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3@1600mhz, EVGA GTX 550ti, 120GB OCZ SSD, 22in/1680x1050
#17MegagunstarmanPosted 12/5/2012 10:56:46 AM
Krows posted...

Case in point:

So basically your just another anti-CoD hipster who tries to prove you don't care about shallow things like "graphics". I bet you say you don't care about attractive women either. People often pretend not to care about the things they can't have.

Yeah, what a hipster. He won't be able to afford the entry level PC graphics that the true next gen systems will provide so he has to bash the controls of Tank! Tank! Tank! to make himself feel better.
---
I'm not changing this until a new Jet Set Radio is announced. Started 10/13/11
#18NeojianXPosted 12/5/2012 11:04:09 AM
There are PS1 and Dreamcast games that look better than a lot of PS3 and X360 games.

Hell, Sony is more into remaking PS2 games in HD for the PS3. If you have or had a NA 60gb PS3, you realized the PS2 games upscaled on the PS3 looked better and in some cases like God of War II collector's edition had more content. God of War I&II is 3 disk, not two disk like the PS3 HD collection. They did not include the behind the scene disk of the Collector's edition of God of War II in the HD collection.

Plus it's kinda evil to sell past gen games for a current gen system after removing that past gen playability from the system, with an update ultimatum on April Fool's Day.

That kind of thing should effect the entire game industry and having your game system online at all or allowing updates.

I believe people posted about the WiiU updating out of the box without getting your permission. Sad for a newly release system to even be updating out of the box.
---
James Bond 007 in Never Say Never Heineken AND You Only Live Miller High Life .... Twice. : )
#19Overlord9011Posted 12/5/2012 11:30:25 AM
Megagunstarman posted...
MathewManson posted...
DTY3 posted...
Well U Tablet counts towards gameplay.

I guess that could be true. But I don't even believe gameplay and graphics can exist. Gameplay will always be dependent on graphics. Better graphics = better gameplay experiences.

Super Mario Bros. 3 > Any 3D Sonic game.

You can't just cherry pick good games from old systems and say that they are better than a newer game that has "better" graphics. That's not fair. I could say "Megaman X > any modern action game" but it wouldn't be a fair comparison.

You have to look at bad games from the past and say it was the graphics that made them bad. That's the only fair way to look at it.

It wasn't graphics that made them bad. It was horrible controls and idiotic level design.
---
Final Fantasy I-V were great games (IV being the best), VI was... okay?, VII... Meh. I gave up at VIII.
#20GeassMasterPosted 12/5/2012 11:32:58 AM
teknic1200 posted...
xbox 720 rumored to have a 1.6 Ghz processor.

With 16 cores.....

Wii U has 3 cores......
---
Now Playing: Mugen Souls, Ragnarok Odyessy, P4G, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation, DW: Gundam 2
I Have A Huge Backlog.