Its has never been about graphics vs gameplay...

#21hustlin_pimpstePosted 12/5/2012 11:04:45 AM
teknic1200 posted...
xbox 720 rumored to have a 1.6 Ghz processor.

A QUAD core, with each core clocked at 1.6ghz .... and knowing is half the battle!
---
Make adorable new, demon friends ... grr snarl
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/672441-shin-megami-tensei-iv/64267041 Don't worry .. it's Official!
#22BuretsuPosted 12/5/2012 11:07:47 AM
DesperateMonkey posted...
anti-CoD hipster

trollololol
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#23MegagunstarmanPosted 12/5/2012 11:15:12 AM
GeassMaster posted...
teknic1200 posted...

With 16 cores.....

Yep, because AMD is making 16 core Jaguar CPUs. They're only saying they'll be quad cores to throw off the competition.
---
I'm not changing this until a new Jet Set Radio is announced. Started 10/13/11
#24Baha05Posted 12/5/2012 11:19:56 AM
So....?

People obviously don't understand the whole graphics things. Graphics encompasses a lot of stuff including animations and art style. That someone likes a game which is TECHNICALLY inferior has no bearing on how important graphics are.

Graphical POWER (one aspect of graphics) is the most objective measurement of what is better. You may not like Crysis because it looks ugly artistically to you but it would look worse in low settings. You may love NSMBU but it looks even better on a vibrant TV in 720p compared to running them through composite cables on crappy SDTVs.

You may like MHTri more than Dark Souls but you'll like MHTri and Dark Souls more the higher the settings.

Power is the one thing that will make anything better. Try playing a PC game on high and low settings/res. Its unbearably different and even then, the minimum settings are pretty high neglecting a lot of the current market because they deem anything less as unacceptable.

Obviously there are certain genres that CAN function with less graphical power but ultimately, power dictates what art styles are available and how successful those styles can be executed. L.A Noire for example isn't going to work with SMB3 graphics.

But in all honestly while graphics are nice they are also not going to determine if a game is good or bad. You can still dress up a crappy game with nice looking graphics but a crappy game is still a crappy game. Of course the power behind the consoles will be what determined if graphics and gameplay work hand in hand and with the Game Pad while it's not been seen yet it can enhance the way we play games. So really we could see the best of both graphics and gameplay for a while.
---
"LOL fail, SMG and GTA5 aren't even from the same decade. gj." - War_Fail
#25NeojianXPosted 12/5/2012 11:24:47 AM(edited)
It's a matter of not over charging for games with sub-par graphics.

Best released at $19.99 game I got for the X360 was Deadly Premonition. A game that should have been out for the PS3 and Wii also.

Strange for them to pass on that game that could be played on the Wii also. I had games with much better graphics for all systems. The game was fun, challenging, strange, creepy and funny. I thought it was a David Lynch game. It even had some Shin Megami Tensei weird stuff in it.

A you can do or not do built in racing to mission site mini game also.

It was better than a number of games I paid $59.99 for the PS3 and X360.

I did not mind the derp version of Captain America, Thor or Tron for the Wii. In some cases they were more fun to play with the Wiimote.

However that new Marvel Universe game should look like the X360 and PS3 version for the WiiU. Hummm?
---
James Bond 007 in Never Say Never Heineken AND You Only Live Miller High Life .... Twice. : )
#26NeojianXPosted 12/5/2012 11:30:17 AM

So....?

People obviously don't understand the whole graphics things.

You do not understand graphics in the eye of the seller is what does not matter. Graphics in the eye of the buyer or not buyer is what matters. You'll get it. Now let's use that word entitlement, that the game industry likes to throw at Game buying Gamers. So are you entitled to those game buying dollars or is it, there was your name on those game buying dollars. They sure do appreciate those dollars at Hooters. They also have more meat on those ribs there also. Awesome Graphics too!

http://www.wtsp.com/news/photo-gallery.aspx?storyid=253447

You are welcome. Ha ha ha ha! : )
---
James Bond 007 in Never Say Never Heineken AND You Only Live Miller High Life .... Twice. : )
#27DesperateMonkey(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 12:02:34 PM
Baha05 posted...
So....?

People obviously don't understand the whole graphics things. Graphics encompasses a lot of stuff including animations and art style. That someone likes a game which is TECHNICALLY inferior has no bearing on how important graphics are.

Graphical POWER (one aspect of graphics) is the most objective measurement of what is better. You may not like Crysis because it looks ugly artistically to you but it would look worse in low settings. You may love NSMBU but it looks even better on a vibrant TV in 720p compared to running them through composite cables on crappy SDTVs.

You may like MHTri more than Dark Souls but you'll like MHTri and Dark Souls more the higher the settings.

Power is the one thing that will make anything better. Try playing a PC game on high and low settings/res. Its unbearably different and even then, the minimum settings are pretty high neglecting a lot of the current market because they deem anything less as unacceptable.

Obviously there are certain genres that CAN function with less graphical power but ultimately, power dictates what art styles are available and how successful those styles can be executed. L.A Noire for example isn't going to work with SMB3 graphics.

But in all honestly while graphics are nice they are also not going to determine if a game is good or bad. You can still dress up a crappy game with nice looking graphics but a crappy game is still a crappy game. Of course the power behind the consoles will be what determined if graphics and gameplay work hand in hand and with the Game Pad while it's not been seen yet it can enhance the way we play games. So really we could see the best of both graphics and gameplay for a while.

Are you kidding? We dress up crappy games all the time. They are called TRIPLE A GAMES. 99% of jRPGs and wRPGs are a complete joke without the graphics and the story. Tales of Vesperia's combat is fun because its flashy as hell, not because its meaningful. Lost Odyssey and all the turn based games are more so, not to mention LO is 20 hours game and 20 hours video and that 20 hours of game is a lot of reading, walking around, taking in the sights and watching animations just HAPPEN. This pretty

wRPGs are no better. Mass Effect is a mediocre shooter at best and the minigames are horribly done. The game is carried by its story and the theatricality of the presentation. They've somehow made dialogue sequences LOOK epic. Great animations, great voice work and so on. It takes much less than graphics to make a great game. Gameplay is very often just an after thought.

How would Heavy Rain look in 16 bit graphics? Not very convincing. Why do I like Halo more than CoD? Oh because I like alien more than warfare.

Hows about Forza and GT and GRiD?

Why do devs across a wide range of genres all focus so much resources on graphics? Thats because its the only way to have amazing gameplay. I am guessing you've never played action games like Devil May Cry and Bayonetta and thought the pinnacle was reached with Super Contra or something.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#28Xeeh_BitzPosted 12/5/2012 12:05:23 PM
teknic1200 posted...

It's also speculated to still be 6x more powerful than the Wii U
---
To be fair, the bible has more plot holes than ME3. I wouldn't be listening either - Pies12
#29_EggplantWizardPosted 12/5/2012 12:27:49 PM
Why do devs across a wide range of genres all focus so much resources on graphics? Thats because its the only way to have amazing gameplay.

No. Amazing gameplay does not come from graphics. Amazing gameplay is derived from great game mechanics. The graphics have nothing to do with it.
Why do you think Minecraft is so popular? It must be the awesome graphics, huh?
---
Currently playing Dissidia: Final Fantasy, Doom, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Final Fantasy IX, Minecraft, Secret of Mana, and Wild Guns.
#30NiftyManZPosted 12/5/2012 12:32:37 PM
I personally don't care bout graphics, but the environment created through the story, art, sound, and gameplay. Gameplay being the most important and art the least. But that is just my opinion.
---
BREAK IT DOWN KIRBY!! (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^) (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^)