Its has never been about graphics vs gameplay...

#71Baha05Posted 12/6/2012 1:00:11 PM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
Fable 3 has the same gameplay as the other Fable games.
Soul Calibur 5 I can't comment on due to not liking fighting games.
DMC4 was fine, the problem with it was that they padded the game length by mirroring the entire game.
Halo 3 ODST was completely fine, lol
CoD is not a "pretty game" at all.

Final Fantasy XIII is pretty but dull, but some people really enjoyed it's gameplay what they didn't like was the setting.

Yeah and that's the problem, they don't tweek the gameplay of Fable, not to mention other disappointing things about Fable 3 and it's gameplay exists

With SC5 I might be unfair as the game was rushed but it was really the bad kind of rush that makes NSMB 2 look like it took 3 years to develop.

DMC4 was ok, but they seem to focus more on the environments by having such padding that made the game a chore.

And I agree on ODST but in the Hallo community it's like rated as the black sheep of the series. Kinda like Skyward Sword to Zelda fans.

And actually the newer ones look pretty damn amazing, hell CoD 4 even looked pretty damn cool. Though it's a hit or miss seriers.

And with FFXIII it was more the linear gameplay that pissed people off as you were walking corridors. Plus Hope ruined the game for me with his hate on for Snow.
---
"LOL fail, SMG and GTA5 aren't even from the same decade. gj." - War_Fail
#72IcecreamdunwichPosted 12/6/2012 1:03:08 PM
So the problem with Fable 3 is that it's too much like Fable 2, gotcha.
You agree with me that DMC4 is fine gameplay wise and that the main problem is the padding, gotcha
You agree with me on ODST, gotcha
COD doesn't look good, not even on PC. I'm sorry but that's the truth.
And you agree with me that it's the annoying setting (the linear halls) that make the game boring, gotcha.
#73Baha05Posted 12/6/2012 1:08:00 PM
So the problem with Fable 3 is that it's too much like Fable 2, gotcha.
You agree with me that DMC4 is fine gameplay wise and that the main problem is the padding, gotcha
You agree with me on ODST, gotcha
COD doesn't look good, not even on PC. I'm sorry but that's the truth.
And you agree with me that it's the annoying setting (the linear halls) that make the game boring, gotcha.

Simple answer for that is yes, the more complex answer is they made Fable 3 to be this grand thing where you can become King, take down your evil brother, and morph weapons and other things. But the reality of it was that you didn't do anything as a king, the fight against your brother was pretty damn disappointing, in Fable fashion the final boss is a joke. Weapon Morphing wasn't as it was described to be. Magics was still too OP, the menu system was an abomination. Trading and using emotions was stupid as all hell. The map system sucked hard.

And yeah, but it was just that, fine. Not great or anything but people didn't like it.

Nope

Also the setting was fine, the fact they made it linear isn't. The setting if it was more opened or had a world map or large areas you could explore would have made the game work.
---
"LOL fail, SMG and GTA5 aren't even from the same decade. gj." - War_Fail
#74_EggplantWizardPosted 12/7/2012 1:03:37 AM
Anyone who says 'graphics aren't important' is someone that I automatically know is less than intelligent. If graphics weren't important we would have never moved on from Atari days. Think about it.

Graphics evolve. That's all. It doesn't make those old Atari games any less fun. My son and I play Frogs and Flies all the time on an Atari 2600 emulator, and we have a blast.
...so, no, graphics really don't matter.

If graphics didn't matter there would be no one developing these "Evolutions". Sorry champ, enjoy your frogs and flies but you have to understand that graphics are important. Show me a game like Assassins Creed working on the Atari, lol

OK. I see yr point.
To me, though, graphics really don't matter. I like games of all kinds. ...all genres and styles. I appreciate good graphics, but the enjoyment I get from a game does not depend on the graphics. A game has to have good gameplay at the core to really make me happy.
---
Currently playing Dissidia: Final Fantasy, Doom, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Final Fantasy IX, Minecraft, Secret of Mana, and Wild Guns.
#75StealthlysPosted 12/7/2012 1:17:00 AM
RetroFanGirl posted...
Sony and Microsoft's options just scream "Go PC!" instead.
#76Spade59Posted 12/7/2012 1:23:14 AM
TC disses the critically positive Xenoblade while labeling everyone opposing his psuedo-intellectual rant anti-CoD hipsters.