Nintendo says "Too bad, just wait."

#1Local237Posted 12/5/2012 10:07:50 AM
I recently lost the gamepad for my Wii U, I purchased the Deluxe edition, with Nintendo Land, and the 32gb black console, which means I paid $350 for it just a few weeks ago. I still have my receipt of purchase, and all other information needed to verify my Wii U console.

Now, granted if we were speaking only about good or bad business procedures, I would personally say that it is bad business to not even offer the option to buy a replacement controller for a device which was just released. I can think of many gaming consoles that offered extra controllers on launch day.

But on a more personal level, I feel let down by Nintendo. They told me "numerous time I might add" that I just need to wait, and there's nothing they or I can do about it, I cannot return my console for a deducted price, I cannot buy a replacement gamepad, and I just need to "sit the console aside and wait for future announcements."

I just bought this, and I still have a hard time believing they are not joking with me somehow, or don't understand what I am saying. It's simple, I lost my gamepad, "the one with a screen on it, yeah, it's missing" so I simply want to purchase a replacement for it so I can use this console I just paid $350 for!

I was so excited about getting this Wii U, and it's unbelievable they won't even allow me to purchase a gamepad from them.

Any pro tips or suggestions?
---
Just get all the gaming platforms, so we can begin debating the games instead of the systems.
#2TrueBlue91Posted 12/5/2012 10:09:21 AM
How the hell did you lose a Gamepad?
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
#3CaioNVPosted 12/5/2012 10:10:58 AM
TrueBlue91 posted...

---
Let's Blocking:
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj88/Debug_Mode/sf3_2.png
#4ADHDguitarPosted 12/5/2012 10:12:02 AM
CaioNV posted...
TrueBlue91 posted...

---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#5Arcturus1121Posted 12/5/2012 10:12:31 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#6JKSonicPosted 12/5/2012 10:12:55 AM
CaioNV posted...
TrueBlue91 posted...

You literally "lost it" ? Or was it stolen...or did it get broken?
---
"You shouldn't be asking HOW things are, given that we already know there is something..but rather WHY things are, as opposed to there being nothing."
#7digiblasterPosted 12/5/2012 10:13:10 AM
I'm with every other person on this board.

HOW THE **** DO YOU 'LOSE' A CONTROLLER LIKE THAT?

I've never lost a single controller for any consoles. I refuse to believe that you managed to lose something like the GamePad. Personally, if it's not in my hands its in the charging cradle. Simple.
#8Local237(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 10:13:31 AM
I don't know how I lost it, if I knew that, I would most likely be able to find it.
---
Just get all the gaming platforms, so we can begin debating the games instead of the systems.
#9Maximo37Posted 12/5/2012 10:13:50 AM
I blame the lack of wrist straps for the loss of the controller...

No really... the darn thing is the size of an airline seat tray... Just how DID you lose it?!
---
What a horrible night to have a curse...
#10AlexxPBPosted 12/5/2012 10:13:59 AM
Well I guess he doesn't know how he lost it. Because you know it's missing.
---
"But if you just send a PM, the whole rest of the board won't know anything is going on! How are you supposed to get attention like that?" - MileRun