Nintendo says "Too bad, just wait."

#1011shadetail1Posted 12/5/2012 11:29:24 AM
supermax64 posted...
I don't see what Nintendo could do for you right now. It's not like you can prove that you lost it so they sure as hell won't send you a free one. And they're not selling gamepads right now and they'd have to be making an exception just for you, which means deciding what price to make you pay and whatnot.

TLDR: Don't "lose" stuff like that.

This. Sorry about your troubles, TC, but realistically it's not fair to expect Nintendo to help you with this. If you lost the *console*, would you expect them to just replace it for free? Or sell you a new one apart from its packaging? If you would expect that, then you shouldn't. The bottom line is, this is your problem and your responsibility.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#102darkjedilinkPosted 12/5/2012 11:31:55 AM
OtakuGamera posted...
But the fact of the matter is TC LOST THE GAME PAD. It's one thing if say he had the game pad and it was broken and Nintendo wouldn't do anything about it but it's another to lose it. Hell I got to join the bandwagon and question HOW TC lost something that freaking big.

It's not like the Game Pad is a wallet, or car keys, or a TV remote, it's a big ass controller with a screen built into it. You have to be living in a trash heap to lose something like that.

if it was an adult, sure it's doubtful, but it wasnt him who lost it though, it was his son. when i was young i lost stuff all the time, even my original gameboy was lost and i couldnt find it.

This is so bad...

Nintendo themselves made it VERY CLEAR BEFORE the launch that additional gamepads wouldn't be sold separately at least until sometime in the new year.

It would be very easy to find who stole it as long as you didn't live in a frat house.

We can't do anything about your losing a gamepad, especially after Nintendo themselves gave you an answer.

I'd love to see you try and sell this thing on eBay while it's missing the main feature.

Get better friends, take better care of your stuff, or just live it.

they released a statement on the internet saying "no replacement", i wouldnt call that "VERY CLEAR"

How could it possibly be clearer? If a woman tells you "no" when you ask her for sex, is that some sort of grey area to you?
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#103OtakuGameraPosted 12/5/2012 11:34:46 AM
How could it possibly be clearer? If a woman tells you "no" when you ask her for sex, is that some sort of grey area to you?

not the same, not everyone follows gamespot or ign or any gaming news site especially not soccer moms, or dads that buys toys for their kids. nintendo should've at least had a warning included in the box, the same way they should've warned people that interrupting an update will brick your console.
---
PSVita no games? http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/64767381
http://www.atlus.com/res/p4g_faithful_reviews_1.jpg
#104Taurus910Posted 12/5/2012 11:36:28 AM
Have you checked your fridge?
---
You have one or more unread System Notifications. Please read them as soon as possible.
I can't barrel roll away from who I am...
#105darkjedilinkPosted 12/5/2012 11:37:21 AM
OtakuGamera posted...
don't try to make them look awful because you lost it. you can say it sucks, but take responsibility

take responsibility? takes responsibility for what exactly? did nintendo advertise that there wont be a gamepad replacement?

Yes, they did. We've known since September.

is there a warning or any kind of notice in the box?

There didn't need to be. We've known since September.

how can you blame the customer to expedt a console to work like any other console?

We were told it wouldn't work like "any other conosle." That's the whole point of the GamePad in the first place.

jesus all you fanboys only know how to call people troll and be rude whenever a "sliver" of bad news about nintendo comes out.

Expecting people to not be complete morons when buying a new piece of technology is being rude? If someone "lost" their computer monitor, would you blame the monitor manufacturer for not replacing it? No. You'd call the guy a complete MORON for losing something that big.

As a parent, if he's going to blame losing it on his child, I have to question TC's intelligence for letting a child play with the GamePad in the first place. My five-year-old isn't allowed to TOUCH it unless we're playing Yoshi's Fruit Cart on NintendoLand.

So, he either needs to take responsibility for himself being a moron, or for not teaching his child to respect his property and the property of others. Either way, this whole scenario is TC's fault, and not Nintendo's.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#106darkjedilinkPosted 12/5/2012 11:38:18 AM
OtakuGamera posted...

not the same, not everyone follows gamespot or ign or any gaming news site especially not soccer moms, or dads that buys toys for their kids. nintendo should've at least had a warning included in the box, the same way they should've warned people that interrupting an update will brick your console.

TC clearly follows gaming news, so nice try.
---
#1071shadetail1Posted 12/5/2012 11:39:01 AM
OtakuGamera posted...

When you perform an update, there is a warning *right on the screen in front of your eyes* not to power down the console during the update. And it's not like Nintendo hid the fact that the Gamepad is not being sold separately. You can only do so much for people who don't bother to research your publicity.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#108OtakuGameraPosted 12/5/2012 11:39:49 AM

no proof all talk.
---
PSVita no games? http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/64767381
http://www.atlus.com/res/p4g_faithful_reviews_1.jpg
#109darkjedilinkPosted 12/5/2012 11:42:28 AM
OtakuGamera posted...

no proof all talk.

The fact that he's here is proof.
---
#110MelkacPosted 12/5/2012 11:48:03 AM
Let me translate this...hmm...yeah:

"MWAHAHAHAHA!! WITH MY MASTER PLAN, I WILL FINALLY BE ABLE TO GET A SECOND GAMEPAD...AND SELL IT ON EBAY!! AND THERE'S NOTHING NINTENDO CAN DO ABOUT IT!"

"I'm sorry, but there's nothing we can do for you right now..."
"W-What?! Why not?! I...uh, I...lost my GamePad!"
"Exactly how did you lost it...?"
"...I...don't remember...?"
"...Wait until next year. Call us if you find it and it's broken or something. Have a good night" *click*
"... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...I CURSE YOU NINTENDO!!"

---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyhMT138BHo&feature=g-vrec