So what's up with the Virtual Console on Wii U?

#1CTipplePosted 12/5/2012 10:03:34 AM
I just got a Wii U the other day and was somewhat surprised to find that all of the Virtual Console games that were available for the Wii aren't in the Wii U eShop. I kind of assumed that Nintendo would just carry over the Wii VC games to the Wii U...anyone know if Nintendo has specifically addressed this?
#2KahrainPosted 12/5/2012 10:08:23 AM
They're available if you start up Wii Mode and use the old digital store through there.
---
=^.^= Mew.... CATS RULE!!!!
Armored Core V team: Nomadic Ravens
#3darkjedilinkPosted 12/5/2012 10:08:25 AM
They do carry over.

In Wii mode.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#4JKSonicPosted 12/5/2012 10:09:24 AM(edited)
What they're trying to say is there IS NO Wii U VC at the moment...and as of now we don't even know if there will be one.
---
"You shouldn't be asking HOW things are, given that we already know there is something..but rather WHY things are, as opposed to there being nothing."
#5CTipple(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 10:44:59 AM
Ah, okay. Thanks for the info, as I haven't even tried the Wii mode yet. It's good to know you can still download Virtual Console games, but it would be much more convenient if Nintendo just put them in the Wii U eShop.
#6teknic1200Posted 12/5/2012 10:47:05 AM(edited)
CTipple posted...
Ah, okay. Thanks for the info, as I haven't even tried the Wii mode yet. It's good to know you can still download Virtual Console games, but it would be much more convenient if Nintendo just put them in the Wii U eShop.

they'd have to re-compile the games most likely.
---
Today is the Tomorrow you were promised Yesterday
#7darkjedilinkPosted 12/5/2012 10:49:12 AM
CTipple posted...

You'd have to re-purchase all of your VC titles if they did that, I hope you realize that.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#8supermax64Posted 12/5/2012 11:07:08 AM
darkjedilink posted...
CTipple posted...

You'd have to re-purchase all of your VC titles if they did that, I hope you realize that.

If I could play them on the gamepad or with aditionnal gamepad support, I would buy a lot of them again. Granted I shouldn't have to but this is Nintendo.
#9SmashBro25Posted 12/5/2012 11:14:00 AM
I definitely would like to see confirmation on the eventual rerelease of every prior VC game on the Wii U eShop. Then I wouldn't see why they couldn't be streamed to the GamePad, etc.
---
Check out Pokemon - The Abridged Series at:
http://www.youtube.com/RocketsUnderground
#10CTipple(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 11:14:01 AM
darkjedilink posted...

I'm not totally sure I follow you. Why would having the original Wii VC titles available through the Wii U eShop mean I'd have to purchase all of my VC titles again? I was under the impression that you can just transfer your old VC titles from the Wii to the Wii U without having to repurchase them.