A little disappointed in the Nintendo Direct, but there were a few highlights

#1sejan12Posted 12/5/2012 11:20:50 AM(edited)
I really wanted TVii to be activated, or at least given a firm date. Game & Wario looks iffy to me so far. I loved the WarioWare games, but I'm not sure what to make of this game. Sixteen minigames just doesn't sound like much with Wario's name attached. Also, I would have loved to see some Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate footage shown. For the most part, the Wii U bit was something of a let down, but Pikmin 3 and Lego City Undercover are looking better and better. LCU moved from "mildly interesting" to "I think I might get this" in my book. This version of Google Maps has potential, especially if you are going to travel somewhere new. Also, the number of 30 upcoming games sounds good, but I want to see footage or at least names to be truly satisfied.

The best part was the 3DS news though. Luigi's Mansion is looking great. Fire Emblem looks amazing and was given a release date. A HarmoKnight localization for the US was made official.

Did I miss anything else that was good for either system?
#2RyuuHou25Posted 12/5/2012 11:15:58 AM
" Also, this version of Google Maps has potential, especially if you are going to travel somewhere new."

*facepalm*
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#3sejan12(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 11:24:07 AM
RyuuHou25 posted...
" Also, this version of Google Maps has potential, especially if you are going to travel somewhere new."

*facepalm*

I'm trying to find anything praiseworthy about the Wii U part of it. Sad that was one of the only points I could muster.
#4COlimar788Posted 12/5/2012 11:27:28 AM
I'm severely disappointed. NoA has no mention whatsoever of Animal Crossing, meaning the only announcement that I cared about was that they delayed Pikmin 3 further. And, if NoE's conference is anything to go by, Animal Crossing will be being delayed as well.

At this point I'm just frustrated. It's nice that Fire Emblem's coming out... relatively soon, but there are really no excuses for how slow NoA has been with localizing anything that isn't Mario or Zelda.
---
Twilight Sparkle is best pony.
3DS Friend Code: 2234-7169-9510
#5DTY3Posted 12/5/2012 11:29:09 AM
You forgot more free DLC for NG3.
Kasumi playable now.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/DTY16
GameFAQS users are far too sensitive.
#6sejan12(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 11:30:08 AM
COlimar788 posted...
but there are really no excuses for how slow NoA has been with localizing anything that isn't Mario or Zelda.

To be fair, FE has a ton more text than Mario, and won't sell nearly as well as either of those franchises. Either way, it would have been a great release for Christmas time in my opinion.
#7P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 12/5/2012 11:30:31 AM
Game & Wario is like Nintendo Land but some games have microgames in them.
---
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Samurai Warriors 3DS
http://youtu.be/X21mJh6j9i4
#8wisemiddsPosted 12/5/2012 11:30:33 AM
sejan12 posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...

*facepalm*

I'm trying to find anything praiseworthy about the Wii U part of it. Sad that was one of the only points I could muster.

Lol, and people were getting hyped for Smash Bros etc! Same old Nintendo, let down and mini game compilations.
---
3DS friend code: 3652 - 0628 - 9229
XBL, PSN: wisemidds
#9RyuuHou25Posted 12/5/2012 11:31:20 AM
sejan12 posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...

*facepalm*

No, I was more facepalming the praising of the thing in the first place. It's an app that has absolutely no purpose being on a console.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#10BufkusPosted 12/5/2012 12:19:47 PM
RyuuHou25 posted...
sejan12 posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...

*facepalm*

No, I was more facepalming the praising of the thing in the first place. It's an app that has absolutely no purpose being on a console.

If you don't see how navigating the maps with gyroscopic gamepad movement is cool, then something is completely bonkers with you.

It's not supposed to be useful. It's supposed to be fun.