Metroid Prime 4/MetroId Prime Successor - Nintendo's flagship online shooter

#1PhaseBlackPosted 12/5/2012 11:54:50 AM
I saw a topic about how Metroid might be a series Nintendo moves away from and they will shift their attention elsewhere, but right now Nintendo needs Metroid Prime more than ever.

Nintendo has their new online service, the Nintendo Network, and hardly anyone is playing on it. Only about a thousand people were playing Black Ops II on the Nintendo Network because Call of Duty is a game you play with your friends and PSN/XBL are the networks to play that game on since they have been since the early start of HD gaming online. To put it delicately, there is zero to no chance that the majority of gamers who play CoD on PSN/XBL will ever be playing CoD on the NN.

That is why Nintendo needs an exclusive premier shooter that gets Wii U owners to play religiously on the NN, something that will draw in gamers to get a Wii U since it has a competitive multiplayer game they can take online and play for hours that they cant anywhere else. Metroid Prime 4 would be that game, or a successor to the series styled after Metroid Prime.

"But Metroid Prime is about exploration!!!!", "I dont want them to add online since I only care about single player!!!!", "They should make a new IP to be a shooter not make Metroid Prime into one!!!!", etc.

Yeah it's all been said before and frankly none of those complaints matter at all. Nintendo will never make a new IP that is an FPS to compete with online shooters like Halo, Killzone, Battlefield, etc. Metroid Prime is the closest we'll ever have to that from them and there is no series like Metroid Prime that fits Nintendo better for a shooter.

You have to understand that there are hardly any single player games on the market anymore, even God of War is getting competitive multiplayer and it truly looks great. If the developers have the talent, they can add a competitive online portion to their game and still deliver a quality single player experience. That's why I trust Retro will be able to do this.

Keep in mind that the next Metroid FPA will definitely want to recapture the vibe and controls of Metroid Prime, nothing will change about the single player. For multiplayer they will definitely speed up the game to nail an online shooter pacing and add new elements, whih shouldnt be hard since Metroid Prime already laid the foundation with it's weapons and FPS view. They also have Metroid Prime Hunters to look for as guidance with what will work in the online gameplay.

Now in short, Nintendo needs a Metroid Prime 4/Prime Successor to make the Nintendo Network take off. Metroid is a popular and familiar IP that gamers wont hesitate to buy, the Prime styled Metroids are perfect for creating a competent multiplayer shooter, and so on.
---
PSVita & 3DS
#2DarkShadowRagePosted 12/5/2012 11:55:55 AM
Metroid Prime was a first person adventure, it should not turn into another FPS.
---
A big time Samus fan and Metroid fan |I'm probably the biggest Samus fan you'll ever meet.
#3PhaseBlack(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 11:57:03 AM
DarkShadowRage posted...
Metroid Prime was a first person adventure, it should not turn into another FPS.

Yup you didnt read the post
---
PSVita & 3DS
#4PsyrenCallPosted 12/5/2012 11:57:24 AM
The first person adventure genre does not exist, Prime is an fps.
---
In fearful day, in raging night, with strong hearts full, our souls ignite! When all seems lost in the War of Light, look to the stars, for hope burns bright!
#5Jaime_BennPosted 12/5/2012 11:57:54 AM
DarkShadowRage posted...

No one actually reads your topics...
---
Hey, I've just met you!
#6LUlGIPosted 12/5/2012 11:58:24 AM

I expected just this post to be the first response.

and lol at it not being an fps anyway.
#7shadestreetPosted 12/5/2012 12:01:33 PM
They already turned Metroid into a full blown FPS with Metroid Prime Hunters on the DS - so I don't think it is out of the realm of possibility they could make a sequel to that spinoff-of-a-spinoff.

I agree that it would be interesting to see Nintendo enter the FPS realm and see what they could do, and, despite not really caring for the Prime series (I am a Super Metroid fanboy), it is an IP that would make sense to use as gateway to the genre. Could easily split the franchise into 2 or 3 types - 1) give us a 2-D or 2.5-D Metroid 4 (or 5 if you count Fusion) a la NSMB franchise; 2) Prime 4 could retain single player 3-D adventure format; 3) Sequel to Hunters as the flagship FPS for the console.
#8BuretsuPosted 12/5/2012 12:01:52 PM
I reject the entire premise of this topic.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#9JoeSkeletorPosted 12/5/2012 12:02:50 PM
PhaseBlack posted...
DarkShadowRage posted...

I dont blame him for not reading it learn to summarise no one comes here to read wall O text of someones feelings or opinions.
---
It puts the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again.
#10Pkshootout13Posted 12/5/2012 12:06:27 PM
I would absolutely love this. I had the same idea awhile back. hell they could keep the regular metroid prime series and get some other developer to do spin offs of it that are very focused on multiplayer. And just spit a game out every year. One year it would be adventure metroid, the next it would be multiplayer metroid. I guarantee it would introduce other exclusive fps to the wii u. Metroid would be a great starting point though
---
Gt: PkShootout13 NNID: PkShootout13
Feel free to send me a friend request or add me through miiverse!