Metroid Prime 4/MetroId Prime Successor - Nintendo's flagship online shooter

#61ElectricMolePosted 12/5/2012 8:15:16 PM
nintendo needs to make a new IP that focuses on first person shooter action. Miayamoto should make it.
---
NinNetID: ElectricMole, PSN: kronekodow7188
#62ArchsazePosted 12/5/2012 8:40:23 PM
Yogi_3000 posted...
Didn't read the whole topic, just the OP and I have to say that I fully agree with you, TC!
You pretty much wrote down every point I had in my mind and I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks like this about Metroid. A lot of people won't like what I say but Nintendo definately should make Metroids gameplay and NN multiplayer more like Halo. I'm not a PS360 gamer myself but I have to admit that your idea is pretty correct imo, TC

I agree. I currently don't have a Wii U (planning on getting one in January or so...just trying to stay in budget at the moment) but am itching to find time to play the new Halo 4 game on my xbox. I love the rich story (particularly the novels) behind the Halo games as well as the multiplayer. Metroid has the capability of competing with Halo on this level.
#63Fire_PloverPosted 12/5/2012 8:41:01 PM
FAT____MAN posted...
kissdadookie posted...
FAT____MAN posted...

I admitted the fallacy in my logic after MGO came to light, because it's the sheer definition of Great multiplayer added to amazing singleplayer, so No I'm not in ignorance.

About Uncharted's multiplayer, of the MANY friends i have whom love the series and played through it, not'a'one has ever mentioned the multiplayer to me, so i went and decided that it must not be the strong suits of the game, and im' sure it still isnt better than the single player campaign.

Again, you do realize that LIKE MINDED people tend to hang out with other LIKE MINDED people right? We are creatures of habit and prefer what we feel like are safety zones. That's why there are cliques and what not. So it could VERY well be the case that your MANY friends could just be similar to you but again, that's essentially judging something based on your own personal preferences (let's face it, their preferences if listed off, would most probably compare favourably to your own). However, if you took a look online with those games, they are HUGELY popular.

Also, using MGO as a basis of "Oh, online might not be too bad afterall" is a bit ridiculous because the concept is good for MGO but the actual game is very bare bones and seriously lacking. It's also funny how you have not acknowledged at all the MANY MANY MANY games that have come out in the past few years which PROVES that online can be as great as the offline experience IN THE SAME GAME. Again:

CoD since MW1 (they spent TONS of money on making those games because the SP campaigns are actually SUPER polished and expensive to produce, and we also know that the MP is phenomenal)
Bad Company 1 and 2 (regularly praised for their excellent SP campaign as well as their true to Battlefield form MP)
Gears of War series (look at how much actual fiction has come out of that series, yet it's also a top tier MP series)
Halo series (this ranks up with Gears of War for generating A LOT of fiction due to great SP campaigns, yet it's also a top tier MP series)
Assassin's Creed (since they introduced MP, they've kept refining the MP experience and it gets better and better each time)
Dead Island (just as fun offline as online)
FarCry 3 (incredible open world campaign and an excellent MP experience as well)

I mean, these are VERY modern and recent games, yet you clearly do not have a clue as to how they are EQUALLY competent in both their SP and MP modes. PROVING that it's possible and has been done over and over and over again, to make EXCELLENT SP and MP experiences WITHIN the same title.

I've got to head out, and live my life, so I'm sadly NOT gonna read all that haha. But it's good to know you feel so strongly as to write almost two whole paragraphs about the subject! HAH!

You know our generation is pathetic when reading two paragraphs is a chore, and writing two paragraphs is on the same level as a college paper.
---
GoldenEye: Aether'/RC : 0953-0826-2559
http://www.youtube.com/aethergoldeneye | www.bushleaguegaming.com
#64Arcanine2009Posted 12/5/2012 9:50:36 PM
DarkShadowRage posted...
Metroid Prime was a first person adventure, it should not turn into another FPS.

MP2 had multiplayer.
---
Nintendo Network ID: sselemanrm
Less is more. Everything you want, isn't everything you need.
#65pheran94Posted 12/6/2012 3:39:11 AM
Archsaze posted...
Yogi_3000 posted...
Didn't read the whole topic, just the OP and I have to say that I fully agree with you, TC!
You pretty much wrote down every point I had in my mind and I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks like this about Metroid. A lot of people won't like what I say but Nintendo definately should make Metroids gameplay and NN multiplayer more like Halo. I'm not a PS360 gamer myself but I have to admit that your idea is pretty correct imo, TC

I agree. I currently don't have a Wii U (planning on getting one in January or so...just trying to stay in budget at the moment) but am itching to find time to play the new Halo 4 game on my xbox. I love the rich story (particularly the novels) behind the Halo games as well as the multiplayer. Metroid has the capability of competing with Halo on this level.

Same here, and I agree that Halo 4 is awesome. However, I don't think that, if there was to be another prime, they should make it more like Halo. I like the way Prime plays. However, if they were to take the MP (multiplayer) from MP2, it could be Halo competition in that regard. I loved playing that mode with a few friends years ago. I think they could really achieve something awesome if they go for it with Retro at the helm.