Retro Tracks for Mario Kart U

#11JonbazookabozPosted 12/8/2012 7:43:01 PM
Ghost valley 1. My time is faster than twin galaxies time.
---
"If PAC-MAN had affected us kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music!"
#12Pkshootout13Posted 12/8/2012 7:44:33 PM
Wario stadium - n64
Tick tock clock -ds
Baby park -gc
Dk Mountain - gc

I'm sure there are plenty others but those are four of my favorites off the top of my head
---
Gt: PkShootout13 NNID: PkShootout13
Feel free to send me a friend request or add me through miiverse!
#13KaiRyusakiPosted 12/8/2012 7:46:42 PM
All Tracks ever except for the ones on 3DS (just because that might annoy some fans)

and an option to play Single Kart Mode (normal) and Double Kart Mode
#14Pkshootout13Posted 12/8/2012 7:52:49 PM
I would love A create a track feature although it's pretty safe to say that it's pretty far from probable. it would be sweet though.
---
Gt: PkShootout13 NNID: PkShootout13
Feel free to send me a friend request or add me through miiverse!
#15JonbazookabozPosted 12/8/2012 7:53:41 PM
What do u think of this idea for mario kart. Make the STARTING GRID important- whoever has the fastest time in their single player time trial of that track GET the first place and so on. Would make time trials important, where players get competitive; shaving milliseconds off times to get that starting advantage and bragging rights.
---
"If PAC-MAN had affected us kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music!"
#16cjburn851Posted 12/8/2012 8:08:41 PM
Can we assume they'll add gliding and underwater racing in, seeing as Mario Kart 7
added them features?

Yeah, I'd love if they released the game with all new tracks, and just have every single
retro track as DLC. Not so much the handheld versions (though it would be pretty good)
but from all the console versions.
#17Rasputin77Posted 12/8/2012 8:18:13 PM
ChipChipperson posted...
None. I want a disc full of new ish for my $60, no more coasting by on redone SNES and N64 material.

Right f***ing on, Chip. (what's that?) I was going to post "none", but will piggyback onto your comment instead.

Piggyback... probably more like chickenback, or somethin', tss tss... take us to break, animal.
---
"Kids yammering on about "trolls" WAY more than actual troll posts made." - Wii U board, 11/18/12-12/9/12
TL;DR = My parents; failed me.
#18ministerkataokaPosted 12/8/2012 8:33:27 PM
ChipChipperson posted...
None. I want a disc full of new ish for my $60, no more coasting by on redone SNES and N64 material.

Sadly even with a disc full of old material they will still sell tens of millions and the fanboys will lap it up, while the superior and truly creative/original Sonic All Stars Transformed collects dust.

Right on! I doubt that Nintendo will be able to deliver on a fresh Mario Kart experience for its 8th iteration. I hope I'm wrong but the competition by Sega/Sumo Digital took the throne from Mario Kart. SASRT gave the kart racer a dose of adrenaline, speed, style, and creativity and makes all Mario Kart games look like a Playskool toy. If Nintendo sticks to its stale design for Mario Kart I wouldn't buy it because I know I have the better game. And if they did,for the love of God, stop recycling tracks from the SNES/64/GBA era because they clash with the modern track designs. There's not much you can do with flat, barren, BORING stage designs. Anyways Chip, I rest easy that at the very least, SASRT is a multi platform game that has received plenty of exposure and accolades in its scores that it will not be forgotten. Come on Mario Kart, step it up because you are one old ass jalopy with freaking blue shells that need to go the way of the dodo.
---
Final Fantasy X was made for menstruating cows.
#19LordBowserPosted 12/8/2012 8:49:52 PM
I hope they still do SNES tracks, but it may be time for them to move on. I hope not.

It would be cool if they did another Retro Rainbow road, but honestly I don't have much preference on which they choose to take. I guess there are some tracks I don't enjoy, but for the most part, I'm not picky.
---
I am Lord Bowser, King of the Koopas! Bwahaha..
Playing Bowser on Mario Kart, and Noxus on Metroid Prime. I am not a cookie cutter!
#20LordBowserPosted 12/8/2012 8:52:23 PM
ChipChipperson posted...

Sadly even with a disc full of old material they will still sell tens of millions and the fanboys will lap it up, while the superior and truly creative/original Sonic All Stars Transformed collects dust.

The retro maps require just as much effort to design as the new ones do. I like them. If they didn't include any, there's a good chance I wouldn't buy the game. But, it's not the only reason I buy the game, just one of the big things I look forward to.

Oh, and to add to my previous post, there is one battle stage I'd really like for them to add: Double Decker from N64. Loved that track.
---
I am Lord Bowser, King of the Koopas! Bwahaha..
Playing Bowser on Mario Kart, and Noxus on Metroid Prime. I am not a cookie cutter!