update coming to fix online?

#1chstarPosted 12/5/2012 8:28:26 PM
Is Nintendo planning on an update for the Wii U that puts the online experience on par with xbox live/psn? (aka voice chat, game invites, first party games being online (like new super mario bros etc). Or is this all their planning?

The Wii u's online offering is the deciding factor of whether or not its a purchase for me. thanks for any info
#2AbysmalTrinityPosted 12/5/2012 8:29:50 PM
You can invite people to games and the closest thing we're going to get as voice chat is Nintendo Chat.
---
Simply Abysmal
AbysmalTrinity
#3chstar(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 8:30:28 PM
whats nintendo chat?
#4HykCraftPosted 12/5/2012 8:31:13 PM
What's Nintendo?
#5AbysmalTrinityPosted 12/5/2012 8:31:28 PM
chstar posted...
whats nintendo chat?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THoZ1AtvsrI
---
Simply Abysmal
AbysmalTrinity
#6dart246Posted 12/5/2012 8:33:51 PM
chstar posted...
Is Nintendo planning on an update for the Wii U that puts the online experience on par with xbox live/psn? (aka voice chat, game invites, first party games being online (like new super mario bros etc). Or is this all their planning?

The Wii u's online offering is the deciding factor of whether or not its a purchase for me. thanks for any info

The fact of the matter is that this isn't just a "Nintendo should do it this in an update" this is a "Nintendo MUST do this in an update, and it really needs to be done before E3 2013."

So yes, I expect to see those issues addressed soon....hopefully.
---
PSN: VisperCon; NNI: Rywins
#7chstar(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 8:35:41 PM
well it's an improvement I guess. Though I do have to question why it's not on par with 5-6 year old systems. Nintendo makes some of the best games around, but without a comparable online experience it's just not worth my purchase. But it is an improvement, maybe next time nintendo.
#8BuretsuPosted 12/5/2012 8:36:56 PM
chstar posted...
well it's an improvement I guess. Though I do have to question why it's not on par with 5-6 year old systems. Nintendo makes some of the best games around, but without a comparable online experience it's just not worth my purchase. But it is an improvement, maybe next time nintendo.

Because online is full of whooping jackholes, and Nintendo doesn't realize that the 12-year-olds they're trying to protect from this are the ones causing it.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#9Solid LinkPosted 12/5/2012 8:45:48 PM
chstar posted...

Cross-game voice chat is the only thing in that list that's surprising it doesn't exist. But that's not really a deal breaker, as, how often do you voice chat with somebody that you aren't playing a game with?

Game invites are likely coming, as you can apparently do this on 3DS.

There's no "requirement" that Mario be online, and in fact, most Nintendo games will probably continue to forgo online multiplayer. Local multiplayer is more Nintendo's style. But this doesn't mean that online multiplayer isn't possible, nor that Nintendo Network is "lacking" compared to Xbox Live or PSN. Inviting friends to play a game is really the only big feature it's currently missing, and that's almost assuredly coming in a future update. The only reason it's missing now, I'd say, is because Nintendo was rushed to get Wii U out for the holidays, hence the day-one patch.
---
CM HAF 912|MSI 890FXA-GD65|AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE @ 3.4GHz|XFX HD-6870 1GB
Patriot 8GB DDR3 1600|1TB SATA Spinpoint HDD|XFX 650W PSU|ASUS 23" LED LCD
#10bat420manPosted 12/5/2012 8:50:35 PM
Ok, so are we able to talk to people while playing Black Op's 2? I plan to get it tomorrow but, if there is no in game chat I wont.
---
"If I had a million dollars, I'd still be broke"