WiiU is great to put your beer on

#51RahzarXPosted 12/7/2012 10:33:28 AM
Core0ne posted...

You believe myths...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2011/mar/07/safe-level-alcohol-consumption
http://www.theheart.org/article/944091.do
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1374672/Alcohol-causes-cancer-drink-safe-amount.html
http://www.diseaseproof.com/archives/hurtful-food-alcohol-and-your-health.html

"The myth of a safe level of drinking is a powerful claim. It is one that many health professionals appear to believe in and that the alcohol industry uses to defend its strategy of making the drug readily available at low prices. However, the claim is wrong and the supporting evidence flawed."

You don't understand what a gateway drug is either so lets expand on that.

Studies done to confirm gateway drug theory, were done through the consistent administering of the drug for weeks to see if they would latch onto it. Dependance has a high chance of leading to harder drugs.

No one with any credibility has ever said that a few joints will make you do crack. You watch too much Fox news. Your friends who smoke every once and a while are party users, same as the people who drink on weekends and only with friends or whatever. Those types of people are the ignorant ones who believe the misinformation.

You can argue till you're blue in the face, but science is against you.

"Alcohol is not actually heart-healthy. It simply has anti-clotting effects, much like aspirin.

Researchers have found that even moderate consumption of alcohol—including wine—interferes with blood clotting and, thereby, reduces heart attacks in high-risk populations—people who eat the typical, disease-promoting American diet."

If you're already a typical American, drink on!
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#52game freakozoidPosted 12/8/2012 9:03:40 AM
I hope that I don't have to be the one to point out that you posted very huge gossip/tabloid sites and also a couple biased sites that basically said, "This is what all evidence says, but screw that, this is what we say."

Also, should point out that your whole quote there was the quote of one random person who admits that he just doesn't believe what is commonly believed. He also offers absolutely no actual proof to back up his claim. If you are going to accept that evidence then I am glad you are going to accept my claim that, "Even though tons of evidence and all of logic and science point to human kind having landed on the moon; I don't think we did so we didn't."

Hell the only website in your list that would have any credibility would be theheart and even in that study they admit that they had no actual way to tell if any of the women told the truth. The women could say they just had a drink or two a day instead of saying that they were pretty big alcoholics. Not to mention the study also concludes that they did ignore evidence that didn't suit them such as the myriad of cases where the nondrinkers actually showed increased risks of cancer (they concluded without reason that all of those nondrinkers must have been alcholics before they got cancer).

The marijuana part you still have absolutely no evidence for and still flies in the face of logic and science.
#53game freakozoidPosted 12/8/2012 9:06:05 AM
Also please note as I am guessing that you have never really done much in science. When all of scientific studies report one thing and you just get a couple oddball studies that report the other, unless there is some huge new evidence that can't be disproven (which in this case is actually not the case) then you should go with the myriad of scientific studies.

What you right now are saying is, "The tons and tons of scientific studies on the matter are wrong, and the few random ones that I could find that go against it are right. I have no evidence or reasoning to back up so, but that's the way it is because I said so."
#54Mattatron42Posted 12/8/2012 9:49:22 AM
Foppe posted...
Snus is much better than other tobacco products, and yet it is the only tobacco product that EU tries to stop.
Just Saiyan.

the EU is trying to stop snus! that stuff is so weak you can actually swallow it. what about regular chewing tobacco? and I thoroughly enjoy drinking and smoking, beer saved modern civilization when societies began forming bigger communities. people kept getting sick on contaminated water supplies and drank beer instead. (they didn't realize that boiling the water sanitized it)
---
3ds fc: 4940-5666-3487
NNID: Mattatron
#55Mattatron42Posted 12/8/2012 10:00:30 AM
RahzarX posted...
Rasputin77 posted...
game freakozoid posted...
Actually beer in moderation, for example just one beer can have some pretty big health benefits.

Red wine is even better... the best, in fact.

BigAl519 posted...
I wouldn't bother with these "geniuses". From the sounds of them they are the kind of people who actually believe the old wives tale that alcohol kills brain cells....

Likely the same kind of people whose bumbling arguments against mary jane include that it's a "gateway" drug - ignoring how the description comes from the ease of access to harder drugs that a good dealer often provides, and pretending that a few tokes are going to send you into some uncontrollable, epic frenzy for heroin and crack. XD ANY smoker knows this is complete BS.

Okay... I'll stop now. ;)

It's clear you've never been mentally addicted to Marijuana or understand alcohol in any way shape or form.

http://science.howstuffworks.com/environmental/life/inside-the-mind/human-brain/10-brain-myths9.htm

"Even in alcoholics, alcohol use doesn't actually result in the death of brain cells. It can, however, damage the ends of neurons, which are called dendrites. This results in problems conveying messages between the neurons. The cell itself isn't damaged, but the way that it communicates with others is altered."

On the Marijuana side of gateway drugs. It IS a gateway drug. Once you experience a high, you want to remain in that state whenever you wish. When you find yourself unable to attain a high through marijuana, either from abuse or because you desire a higher "high". You will begin to look at other drugs to feed your habit if marijuana is not available.

Here's the thing, the reason it's NOT a gateway drug is that marijuana is always cheaply available. It would be a gateway if there was a sudden collapse in the market and no one had marijuana. The fiends would switch to a new drug to remain "high".

Man... come on... this is simple science.

long time toker, I never got into anything else. I know plenty of others that are the same way, there is no way it is a gateway drug if anything hanging out at a seedy bar getting drunk is a gateway to hard drugs, seen it plenty of times.
---
3ds fc: 4940-5666-3487
NNID: Mattatron