If your girlfriend dumped you if you got a Wii U

#31WeirdJohnPosted 12/6/2012 12:16:24 PM
My wife and I make big purchasing decisions like this together. I called her up yesterday, said they had WiiU's in stock and if she wanted to get one. She said yes, so I picked one up. If she had said no, I certainly wouldn't have picked one up anyway. We just would have discussed it further.
---
WeirdJohn: The King Of Safe Haven!
#32GeminiX7Posted 12/6/2012 12:16:56 PM
What a wierd thing to dump someone over. My ex actually liked watching me play games.

Unless she was attacked by Miyamoto in a dark alley and had a deep seated hatred of Nintendo products, I wouldn't date someone so anti-gaming. So I'd probably dump her unless she was otherwise perfect for me. Or had a really really nice rack.
---
"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
#33P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 12/6/2012 12:17:03 PM
DeltaProj posted...
If somebody ends your relationship simply because you bought a videogame console, then they didn't really want to be with you anyway.

This
---
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Samurai Warriors 3DS
http://youtu.be/X21mJh6j9i4
#34DTY3Posted 12/6/2012 12:31:45 PM
mkfreddddi posted...
Luckily we split before wiiu came out :P

---
http://www.youtube.com/user/DTY16
GameFAQS users are far too sensitive.
#35mjc0961Posted 12/6/2012 1:07:50 PM
Buretsu posted...
I'd kick her to the curb so fast, her little head would spin.

Jack_Wraith posted...
The answer should be yes because no one should be held hostage by their significant other. Relationships are meant to enhance and enrich your life not limit and poison it.

SETUP DISK posted...
I'd call her a crazy ***** and leave her anyway.

kjhovey posted...
If you have a GF who wouldn't respect your hobbies, then you are doing it wrong.

Unless the hobby is harmful, of course.

DeltaProj posted...
If somebody ends your relationship simply because you bought a videogame console, then they didn't really want to be with you anyway.

---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#36JKatarnPosted 12/6/2012 1:10:13 PM
That would be a pretty superficial/ludicrous reason to end a relationship, even so, if you would end a presumably promising relationship, opting instead to buy a game console you have deep problems my friend.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 460 Superclocked
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#37Knuckles1412Posted 12/6/2012 1:11:44 PM
ministerkataoka posted...
If I had a "girlfriend" it wouldn't really be a relationship thing instead more of an experimentation. I'm a guy who likes guys.

This. My bf isn't too into games like I am, but doesn't mind it!
#38JellitoePosted 12/6/2012 1:14:24 PM
Girls don't dump Nintendo or Playstation fans, they dump Xbox and PC geeks.
---
ACCF FC: 0259-8349-1897 Daniel @ Danz - TCon FC: 3781 6817 6403
PS Zero: 4941 5533 9743
#39GGearXPosted 12/6/2012 1:18:05 PM
Wow this reminds me of a crazy ex I used to have. I bought a PS2 and she ***** and moaned for me to get rid of it because "the gamecube is soo much better"
We went on a double date and that day she literally tells me to pick and choose between The PS2 or her in front of her friend and my dude bro. In a restaurant.

"Isn't it obvious? You KNOW what I'm going to pick.
I'd be crazy NOT picking that that option"
(Spoilerz)

I dumped her ass
---
GT: Halllelujah ( No I'm not religus I watch too much anime :P ) (O_\)
.............I'm a very shy boy ...
#40SarcChigaimasuPosted 12/6/2012 1:19:01 PM
I don't have a girlfriend. I have a sex buddy though, and she likes Mario Kart.
---
Proudly supporting the Florida Panthers Hockey Club since 1993.
2012 Southeast Division Champions