XBOX 720 to be 6 times more powerful then the Wii-U

#211Leitchy117Posted 12/6/2012 7:58:59 PM
trenken posted...
csalvi42 posted...
and somehow this doesn't disturb me due to the glut of FPS and horrible 1st party franchises xbox has sullied like perfect dark, banjo, and the Fable games

How convenient of you to fail to mention all the other great games on it that arent FPSs.

---
"Get out of your topic." - Eixrer
"Vuroja can only hope to be as manly as Sir Graav someday." -LucaGoers
#212chrishu311Posted 12/6/2012 8:13:23 PM
SexPantherPanda posted...
http://www.examiner.com/article/xbox-720-and-playstation-4-features-revealed

"[Xbox 720 is] slated to be the most powerful out of all the next-gen consoles. [It will be] about 4 to 6 times more powerful than Wii U and 2 to 3 times more powerful than Playstation Omni. The project has gone through many name iterations and will not be decided on until shortly before its E3 unveiling."

... And still only half as powerful as my PC. HA!

Also, unreliable source is unreliable.
---
"Nothing is perfect. The world turns on a tilted axis just doing the best it can, and that's what makes it so damn beautiful." --Roy Mustang
#213MarioGalaxy2Posted 12/6/2012 8:17:19 PM
If true think about the third parties.

This generation development cost were so high now. Imagine that increasing.
---
My Fan Made Starter Pokemon www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKoeZ8z98Bo
#214FireKatKidPosted 12/6/2012 8:19:53 PM(edited)
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
FireKatKid posted...

That is true but Microsoft normally actually creates what it patents.

http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/projects/augmentedprojectors/default.aspx

Seems like they moving it right along, in a different way I suppose

Look at how much current electronics stuff costs these days. SIMPLER things, such as even iphones or tablets.
For Microsoft to introduce something as immersive as a "full on room game system" at current standards, especially in a struggling economy, would be the stupidest thing they could possibly do.
#215supercaculoPosted 12/6/2012 8:34:54 PM
trenken posted...
Bufkus posted...
This pretty much is the nail in the 720's coffin.

Uh huh, of course it is, just like $600 was the final nail in the PS3s coffin right? 70 million units later....

No it only cost them all the profits of psone and ps2 and won't get it back in this gen. Hope the ps4 goes back to the ps2 days were Sony was focusing on getting developers to develop games for its console. Not to go and try and make the most powerfully one.
---
Where is my Patapon. 4 Sonyyyyyyy?????? Where is my Zelda or Metroid U nintendoooo????
#216elsmittyPosted 12/6/2012 8:41:57 PM
NINTENDOOMED!!!!
---
3ds friend code - 5069-4253-9174
#217GreatTroySenseiPosted 12/6/2012 8:43:50 PM
Wait, isn't the 360 already 6 times more powerful than the Wii-U?
---
These are like, third dimension glasses, you know? They don't really work, though because I feel like I'm still seeing stuff in whatever dimension we live in.
#218jungfreudPosted 12/6/2012 8:46:44 PM
I guess you guys are all going to go out and buy windows phones, then. And try Windows 8, it is awesome!
#219GreatTroySenseiPosted 12/6/2012 8:48:43 PM
Bufkus posted...
This pretty much is the nail in the 720's coffin. If it's truly that much more powerful, it'll likely cost significantly more as well.

Anyone who's been following Microsoft news knows that the company is not doing well financially at all, and if they wanna go completely bankrupt they can try sell the system at a significant ($500+) loss.

Otherwise, it looks like the analyst news that said the 720 would cost $500 at launch will likely prove true, and pretty much nobody will buy the system except a few hardcore gamers.

Microsoft, nearly bankrupt?

M$ Net Worth: 230 bil.
Nintendo Net Worth: 19 bil.
Sony Net Worth: 84 bil.

Quick gais, jettison the vidyagames, they's gon bankrupt the companee!
---
These are like, third dimension glasses, you know? They don't really work, though because I feel like I'm still seeing stuff in whatever dimension we live in.
#220jungfreudPosted 12/6/2012 9:19:17 PM
GreatTroySensei posted...
Bufkus posted...
This pretty much is the nail in the 720's coffin. If it's truly that much more powerful, it'll likely cost significantly more as well.

Anyone who's been following Microsoft news knows that the company is not doing well financially at all, and if they wanna go completely bankrupt they can try sell the system at a significant ($500+) loss.

Otherwise, it looks like the analyst news that said the 720 would cost $500 at launch will likely prove true, and pretty much nobody will buy the system except a few hardcore gamers.

Microsoft, nearly bankrupt?

M$ Net Worth: 230 bil.
Nintendo Net Worth: 19 bil.
Sony Net Worth: 84 bil.

Quick gais, jettison the vidyagames, they's gon bankrupt the companee!

So you are willing to buy the Dow Chemical Station which has Angry Birds and Call of Duty at launch? Don't be stupid. A big company still has to prove it can compete in a specific industry to earn confidence and investment. Anyone who has followed IT for the last couple decades knows that Microsoft is a redwood that is intent on destroying itself despite a huge, massive, unprecedented control of the OS market. Hard to find a single thing they have done right since Windows 3.1. Remember, Lehman Brothers was worth billions until it was worth nothing, A bad company that can't make money can fail overnight.