XBOX 720 to be 6 times more powerful then the Wii-U

#251Yuri_LowelIPosted 12/8/2012 1:02:26 PM
720 could come out now in Alpha stage and it would be better than the wii U.
---
http://s12.postimage.org/8orxdffrv/ps4golden.png
#252Enigma149Posted 12/8/2012 1:05:07 PM
Yuri_LowelI posted...
720 could come out now in Alpha stage and it would be better than the wii U.

Alpha stage consoles are usually more powerful than the released versions. The Wii U, all 3 7th Generation systems, and the PS2 were all more powerful in the alpha stage. I think the only real exception is the GameCube.
---
3DS:4897-5935-1924; PS3 sold in anticipation of PS4. If you added CrimsonEnigma, I no longer use the account.
'Your opinion does not matter.' -DesperateMonkey
#253ElGadoPosted 12/8/2012 1:18:02 PM
jungfreud posted...
ElGado posted...

Microsoft isn't failing anytime soon it has 223 billion dollars in market cap and it's nearest competitor is Apple. It gives out a steady dividend, and it's stock has been hovering above 20$ per share for the longest time. It's a really boring stock, which is why it's known on Wall Street as "Mr Softee." While it may be true that MSFT doesn't have much growth left to it, that doesn't make it a bad stock. When you become so dominate, and corner certain markets, there is only so much left to grow.

Anyways, are you a Finance major or something? You sound really misinformed and ignorant.

Weird that you would assume the "ignorant" person is a finance major. Guess that is the state of business education in this country.

I'll just recopy what I wrote originally which seems to have angered all you junior Goldman Sachs types:

"So you are willing to buy the Dow Chemical Station which has Angry Birds and Call of Duty at launch? Don't be stupid. A big company still has to prove it can compete in a specific industry to earn confidence and investment. Anyone who has followed IT for the last couple decades knows that Microsoft is a redwood that is intent on destroying itself despite a huge, massive, unprecedented control of the OS market. Hard to find a single thing they have done right since Windows 3.1. Remember, Lehman Brothers was worth billions until it was worth nothing, A bad company that can't make money can fail overnight."

Two points there which you have willfully distorted:

1. Any company with huge assets can enter an industry, undercut the competition, and run them out of business over time if it is willing to accept the losses. This was exactly Microsoft's plan with the Xbox. They failed, but they also spent a colossal amount of money doing it. Just like the Zune, just like Windows Phone, just like Games for Windows, just like the Surface. This is their business strategy. It is not sustainable.

2. Microsoft is a textbook example of a company that has completely rested on it's laurels and pursued a very cynical and ineffective business strategy for the last 20 years (see above). They simply haven't been struck in their achilles heel, the OS business, effectively yet. But when it happens, it will completely sink that aspect of their business in a relatively short time, just like HP, Gateway, etc got hit when the bottom fell out of the desktop business. People are buying fewer traditional computers every year, and Windows 8 is a confusing mess that few people are going to want to relearn. Heck, even I am considering buying a Mac at this point.

I want to make clear I'm not one of these kneejerk MS haters, but it is obvious Microsoft is flailing and hasn't had a clear vision for where it wants to go or what the next big thing is since, well, Windows 3.1.

To return to topic, the Xbox 720 that people are imagining is the exact same thing they have relied on so far, and it will either be super expensive or sell at a massive loss (much more likely). That would not be out of character for Microsoft, and I think it is that kind of strategy that will eventually bring them down. For the consumer, I just feel bad for the people who will get their Xboxs Zuned and have to go out and buy a Nintendo because that is the only company that can actually make money in the video game industry.

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Statements like "Microsoft is flailing" when they aren't (more analysts give "buy" ratings to MSFT) they have a war chest of over 200 Billion dollars and you wanna sit here and tell me their last success was Windows 3.1? I'm willing to bet you are typing this on your Windows 7 OS, oh but yeah "their last big thing was Windows 3.1." Clearly you just hate Microsoft.
#254ElGadoPosted 12/8/2012 1:21:48 PM
jungfreud posted...
cnfjti3 posted...
If Microsoft were to fail tomorrow, it would be because they have shifted money around and hid their losses by doing exactly what you are praising them for, which is hiding their problems under a variety of divisions and products while failing to make any money in any of them and simply trading on the name and legacy of the business to qualify for continued financial support. Just like Lehman Brothers did. Not sure why that is so absurd of a comparison for you, though you have had ample time to explain and have utterly failed to do so.

You do realize Lehman Brothers failed due to their high exposure to the high risk housing market at the time right? They were heavily leveraging their positions (31:1 ratio) right before the subprime mortgage crisis. So when the mortgage instruments lost most of their value, so did Lehman, 31 times faster.

Microsoft, in comparison, is not in the investment industry. It does not deal with risky financial assets, nor do they really have a way of losing money that fast. Yes, it can be on the road to an eventual decline, but that road will take much much longer to finish than it did for Lehman. Unless Microsoft goes all in on a new product, they will not finish in any way even close to the extravagant way Lehman did.

As well, and again, I'm not supporting Microsoft in any way, but as it stands, Microsoft is still the 4th largest company in the world as of this year. Maybe that will give you a little perspective on where Microsoft is and how long their decline will take.

I agree completely with everything you wrote there. My intention was not to compare the two companies directly, but simply to point out that a seemingly healthy company can be in much worse condition than they appear based on the financial data.

I have to disagree. Comparing Microsoft to Lehman is preposterous.
#255pearl arowanaPosted 12/8/2012 1:57:00 PM
Stealthlys posted...
So nintendo needs to be more dark, and edgy?

nintendo need to screw less..

rofl
---
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or abministrator]
#256Enigma149Posted 12/8/2012 1:58:41 PM
pearl arowana posted...
Stealthlys posted...

rofl

I know English isn't your first language (good job on learning 2, by the way), so I'll provide you with a tip (even though you are a troll):

It's "Nintendo needs to screw up less."

"Nintendo needs to screw less." means something totally different.
---
3DS:4897-5935-1924; PS3 sold in anticipation of PS4. If you added CrimsonEnigma, I no longer use the account.
'Your opinion does not matter.' -DesperateMonkey
#257jungfreudPosted 12/8/2012 2:01:49 PM
ElGado posted...

I have to disagree. Comparing Microsoft to Lehman is preposterous.

I have to disagree as well, then. The difference is I have already explained why. If you want to keep humping that strawman you set up about Microsoft failing then you are welcome to.

My point is that they are flailing to find a new direction to grow the company and stay relevant, and I have given plenty of examples. But why bother arguing, if they have a "buy" rating then I guess they must not be capable of making mistakes. Also, don't use quotes when you aren't actually quoting someone, it is disingenuous.
#258pearl arowanaPosted 12/8/2012 8:35:08 PM
Enigma149 posted...
pearl arowana posted...
Stealthlys posted...

rofl

I know English isn't your first language (good job on learning 2, by the way), so I'll provide you with a tip (even though you are a troll):

It's "Nintendo needs to screw up less."

"Nintendo needs to screw less." means something totally different.

rofl

that exactly what i mean. nintendo is screwing its fanboy who are apparently loving it. rofl.

but its clouding their judgement.
---
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or abministrator]
#259ArabrockermanXPosted 12/8/2012 8:36:47 PM
SexPantherPanda posted...
http://www.examiner.com/article/xbox-720-and-playstation-4-features-revealed

"[Xbox 720 is] slated to be the most powerful out of all the next-gen consoles. [It will be] about 4 to 6 times more powerful than Wii U and 2 to 3 times more powerful than Playstation Omni. The project has gone through many name iterations and will not be decided on until shortly before its E3 unveiling."

Sounds about right it was supposed to be "4-6x" the 360 and the Wii U clearly isn't much more powerful than a 360. Probably going to get flamed for that statement but it is true.
#260mistermerkPosted 12/8/2012 9:00:07 PM
ArabrockermanX posted...
SexPantherPanda posted...
http://www.examiner.com/article/xbox-720-and-playstation-4-features-revealed

"[Xbox 720 is] slated to be the most powerful out of all the next-gen consoles. [It will be] about 4 to 6 times more powerful than Wii U and 2 to 3 times more powerful than Playstation Omni. The project has gone through many name iterations and will not be decided on until shortly before its E3 unveiling."

Sounds about right it was supposed to be "4-6x" the 360 and the Wii U clearly isn't much more powerful than a 360. Probably going to get flamed for that statement but it is true.

Your statement is true but the 720 will be more than 6x the 360.