XBOX 720 to be 6 times more powerful then the Wii-U

#51Ippongi_RyutaPosted 12/6/2012 1:45:29 PM
720 and Omni games will cost around 50, calling it now.
---
Currently playing: Tales of Xillia 2, Far Cry 3, Persona 4 Golden
#52AkaimizuPosted 12/6/2012 1:48:05 PM(edited)
Buretsu posted...
Icecreamdunwich posted...
I feel bad for people that think the 360 is only FPS games, if you don't have a PC then it has tons of great games that are not FPS at all. But hey, band wagon and all that.

True, there's always the Kinect. And we know what a stunning, pfft... Umm, stunning inno-pfffffft.... Stunning innovation that is! BA HA HA HA HA HA. Oh, god, couldn't type THAT one with a straight face.

There's always that the majority of games on the system are not FPS games. This also includes the many XBLA-specific titles. Fact that most people can hardly count more than a handful of FPS games on 360, but they also ignore all the other things that sell on it.

Still, this claim is simply marketing bunk. This also seems to be the case from everybody (who doesn't have a console ready yet) trying to steal a little thunder from a console, expecting people to go "Oh yes. Specs. That's all that matters to me now." Now, I may be sold on the next system, but they'll have to do it with games not specs.

---
"because 'Clerks' is NINJA in itself." - Ninja Mask lessons by Vern Reid (http://houseofninja.com/tutorial.php)
#53oxnerdPosted 12/6/2012 1:48:18 PM
I don't care for Xbox. Its Nintendo and Sony for me. Grew up with them and I'll die with them.
#54MegagunstarmanPosted 12/6/2012 1:48:25 PM
Does no one bother to check the source?
---
I'm not changing this until a new Jet Set Radio is announced. Started 10/13/11
#55GenoPosted 12/6/2012 1:48:35 PM
SexPantherPanda posted...
"[Xbox 720 is] slated to be the most powerful out of all the next-gen consoles. [It will be] about 4 to 6 times more powerful than Wii U and 2 to 3 times more powerful than Playstation Omni, and about four times the cost."

Enjoy playing your $150 hardware after paying $700 for it.
---
3DS: 2363 - 5923 - 1853
#56kissdadookiePosted 12/6/2012 1:50:26 PM
Geno posted...
"[Xbox 720 is] slated to be the most powerful out of all the next-gen consoles. [It will be] about 4 to 6 times more powerful than Wii U and 2 to 3 times more powerful than Playstation Omni, and about four times the cost."

Let's see, a computer which I can build myself for about $700 would net me the performance which is 4-6 times more powerful than Wii U/PS360. So I don't understand how it's $150 hardware.
#57IcecreamdunwichPosted 12/6/2012 1:51:34 PM
Geno posted...

Let's see, a computer which I can build myself for about $700 would net me the performance which is 4-6 times more powerful than Wii U/PS360. So I don't understand how it's $150 hardware.

Don't bother trying to reason with fanboys, you should know this after your stint on the 3DS board.
#58ADHDguitarPosted 12/6/2012 1:53:22 PM
What kills me is that Microsoft will probably sell it for $3-400 whilst forcing you to pay $15 a month for Xbox live for 2 years, which is something people WILL buy. A complete ripoff, but attractive to the average consumer.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#59AkaimizuPosted 12/6/2012 1:58:42 PM(edited)
If they ever raised Xbox Live Gold to that price, then Xbox Live Gold would certainly die. From a multiplayer perspective, at least. That would be over a 3X markup going against Free services that are now just getting around to giving it some real competition. The market trend is already moving away from MMOs that have those prices, the acceptable ceiling is way lower.

---
"because 'Clerks' is NINJA in itself." - Ninja Mask lessons by Vern Reid (http://houseofninja.com/tutorial.php)
#60kissdadookiePosted 12/6/2012 1:58:19 PM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
Geno posted...

Don't bother trying to reason with fanboys, you should know this after your stint on the 3DS board.

Lulz, I love how on that board they just gave up after being shown substantial proof of my loyalty (in dollars spent) on Nintendo stuff. Apparently they just can't stomach the harsh realities of the original 3DS having abysmal quality control at the assembly plant.