XBOX 720 to be 6 times more powerful then the Wii-U

#61HonestAbe73Posted 12/6/2012 1:58:54 PM
Good for microsoft then. Doesn't really matter too much for me though. The U is going to have some amazing games, and they'll look great too.

Why would I care for "6x more power" in the first place? I could tell you that nintendo has 18x better game developers (IMO of course) but you wouldn't care.

Better games > More power
---
I kill vampires.
#62mattjw456Posted 12/6/2012 2:01:07 PM(edited)
ironbru posted...
it has already been confirmed that the 720 cpu is a 1.6ghz quad , comoared to the wiiu 1.2 ghz, doesnt seem 6 times more powerful so far lol

Going Purely by numbers that would make the 720's CPU quite a lot weaker than the 360's CPU.

720's CPU = 1.6 GHz X 4 = 6.4 GHz (my phone has the same clock speed as that!)
360's CPU = 3.2 GHz X 3 = 9.6 GHz

Going purely by numbers that makes the 360's CPU exactly 50 stronger than the one rumoured for the 720. Why the hell would Microsoft do that?

That's not how performance or clock speeds work. In the slightest. This is literally nonsense.
---
Between the velvet lies...
There's a truth that's hard as steel YEAH!
#63IcecreamdunwichPosted 12/6/2012 2:00:27 PM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
Geno posted...
SexPantherPanda posted...
"[Xbox 720 is] slated to be the most powerful out of all the next-gen consoles. [It will be] about 4 to 6 times more powerful than Wii U and 2 to 3 times more powerful than Playstation Omni, and about four times the cost."

Enjoy playing your $150 hardware after paying $700 for it.

Let's see, a computer which I can build myself for about $700 would net me the performance which is 4-6 times more powerful than Wii U/PS360. So I don't understand how it's $150 hardware.

Don't bother trying to reason with fanboys, you should know this after your stint on the 3DS board.

Lulz, I love how on that board they just gave up after being shown substantial proof of my loyalty (in dollars spent) on Nintendo stuff. Apparently they just can't stomach the harsh realities of the original 3DS having abysmal quality control at the assembly plant.

Nintendo is intent on taking first place this gen with poor quality control, even with the Wii U and it's bricking.
#64ADHDguitarPosted 12/6/2012 2:01:04 PM
Akaimizu posted...
If they ever raised Xbox Live Gold to that price, then Xbox Live Gold would certainly die. From a multiplayer perspective, at least. That would be over a 3X markup going against Free services that are now just getting around to giving it some real competition. The market trend is already moving away from MMOs that have those prices, the acceptable ceiling is way lower.

---
"because 'Clerks' is NINJA in itself." - Ninja Mask lessons by Vern Reid (http://houseofninja.com/tutorial.php)

They charge that much now (or did) with the $100 Xbox 360. It's like car payments only in disguise.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#65gr8twhtePosted 12/6/2012 2:01:38 PM
You guys are arguing about the future.

The internet is slowly killing us all.
#66paralyzed21Posted 12/6/2012 2:01:45 PM
if the 720 is actually 6times more powerful, that means the ps4 is gonna be at least 12 times more powerful. not unexpected though really.
---
http://www.wearethepanicdivision.com | http://www.facebook.com/thepanicdivision
---
#67ElGadoPosted 12/6/2012 2:01:47 PM
Bufkus posted...
This pretty much is the nail in the 720's coffin. If it's truly that much more powerful, it'll likely cost significantly more as well.

Anyone who's been following Microsoft news knows that the company is not doing well financially at all, and if they wanna go completely bankrupt they can try sell the system at a significant ($500+) loss.

Otherwise, it looks like the analyst news that said the 720 would cost $500 at launch will likely prove true, and pretty much nobody will buy the system except a few hardcore gamers.

With a market cap of 224.72 Billion, I'd say it's doing fine. Sony is less than 10 Billion, just had it's stock downgraded to "junk" status and Nintendo is around 13 Billion with a most recent 500 million dollar loss.

Furthermore, an analyst just upgraded Microsoft stock to "buy." Don't get it twisted though, Microsoft's bread and butter is Windows. Their gaming platform has been successful though, and I really sense fear from Sony and Nintendo fanboys since Microsoft is in such a power position right now. Take Sony and Nintendo out of the picture. Apple is the true competitor to Microsoft.

http://www.dailypolitical.com/finance/stock-market/microsoft-corp-stock-rating-upgraded-by-jyske-bank-msft.htm
#68kissdadookiePosted 12/6/2012 2:01:52 PM
Icecreamdunwich posted...

Nintendo is intent on taking first place this gen with poor quality control, even with the Wii U and it's bricking.

That's not really quality control. That's just proof of Nintendo's COMPLETE incompetence at being able to write a proper OS. This has ALWAYS been the case. Nintendo is just pi$$ poor at programming. Maybe that's why it takes them YEARS to make major games.
#69ironbruPosted 12/6/2012 2:03:36 PM
That's not how performance or clock speeds work. In the slightest. This is literally nonsense.

I know that, what part of going purely by number didn't you understand?
---
Current Playing: Front Mission 4 (I finally imported a USA PS2), Forza Motorsport and Wipeout Series.
#70AkaimizuPosted 12/6/2012 2:04:15 PM
mattjw456 posted...
ironbru posted...
it has already been confirmed that the 720 cpu is a 1.6ghz quad , comoared to the wiiu 1.2 ghz, doesnt seem 6 times more powerful so far lol

Going Purely by numbers that would make the 720's CPU quite a lot weaker than the 360's CPU.

720's CPU = 1.6 GHz X 4 = 6.4 GHz (my phone has the same clock speed as that!)
360's CPU = 3.2 GHz X 3 = 9.6 GHz

Going purely by numbers that makes the 360's CPU exactly 50 stronger than the one rumoured for the 720. Why the hell would Microsoft do that?

That's not how performance works. At all.

Yep. Next they'll start talking about how an i5 Dual core running at 2.3 GHZ loses the CPU performance bet against a Core 2 Duo running at 2.4 GHZ.
---
"because 'Clerks' is NINJA in itself." - Ninja Mask lessons by Vern Reid (http://houseofninja.com/tutorial.php)