XBOX 720 to be 6 times more powerful then the Wii-U

#71kissdadookiePosted 12/6/2012 2:04:42 PM
ElGado posted...
Bufkus posted...
This pretty much is the nail in the 720's coffin. If it's truly that much more powerful, it'll likely cost significantly more as well.

Anyone who's been following Microsoft news knows that the company is not doing well financially at all, and if they wanna go completely bankrupt they can try sell the system at a significant ($500+) loss.

Otherwise, it looks like the analyst news that said the 720 would cost $500 at launch will likely prove true, and pretty much nobody will buy the system except a few hardcore gamers.

With a market cap of 224.72 Billion, I'd say it's doing fine. Sony is less than 10 Billion, just had it's stock downgraded to "junk" status and Nintendo is around 13 Billion with a most recent 500 million dollar loss.

Furthermore, an analyst just upgraded Microsoft stock to "buy." Don't get it twisted though, Microsoft's bread and butter is Windows. Their gaming platform has been successful though, and I really sense fear from Sony and Nintendo fanboys since Microsoft is in such a power position right now. Take Sony and Nintendo out of the picture. Apple is the true competitor to Microsoft.

http://www.dailypolitical.com/finance/stock-market/microsoft-corp-stock-rating-upgraded-by-jyske-bank-msft.htm

No need for them to have to eat a big loss on the 720 hardware or need to price it into PS3 launch pricing. Reason being? The following:

For roughly $500-$600, you and I can build our own computer with retail purchased parts. That computer would have the performance that is 4-6 times the power of the Wii U/PS360. Keep in mind that this is what YOU AND I as consumers would end up paying to build that computer. MS would get SIGNIFICANT component discounts. Thus they can EASILY put out a machine that powerful for around $400 without losing much money if any at all.
#72lp913Posted 12/6/2012 2:06:57 PM(edited)
Thread smells like EPIC trollAssurance.......expect this new gen to be more like the 6th, NOT a repeat of the 7th IF those sources are accurate, we'll have Wii U (PS2), PS Omni (GameCube) and Microsoft back in the strongest processors position with XBOX 720 (Original XBOX).

Nothing to worry much about (these systems still have to SELL first). It will definitely be more about the sales then it will be about the power, cause much like that 6th gen, why did so many talented developers CONTINUE to work on the weakest hardware of the time (PS2) when GameCube and XBOX were more capable machines?

Note to the HATERS: this time more than the 7th gen it WILL undoubtedly be more about the sales and installbase than it will be about the raw horsepower in the 8th.....lol how soon we forget around these parts.......
---
[NNID: LPLETHAL79]
[3DS FC: 0645-5794-3020]
#73Sega_Saturn09Posted 12/6/2012 2:04:54 PM
STFU panda u troll get a life!!!
---
KILLER INSTINCT 3! Someday......
#74AkaimizuPosted 12/6/2012 2:08:01 PM(edited)
ADHDguitar posted...
Akaimizu posted...
If they ever raised Xbox Live Gold to that price, then Xbox Live Gold would certainly die. From a multiplayer perspective, at least. That would be over a 3X markup going against Free services that are now just getting around to giving it some real competition. The market trend is already moving away from MMOs that have those prices, the acceptable ceiling is way lower.

---
"because 'Clerks' is NINJA in itself." - Ninja Mask lessons by Vern Reid (http://houseofninja.com/tutorial.php)

They charge that much now (or did) with the $100 Xbox 360. It's like car payments only in disguise.

And a reason why I never bother to touch it. I already have my 360, I'm fine with the $50 (max) a year I've spent on Live. Yes, it recently went to $60, but I already prepaid through 2013 for only around $30 a year.

On the other hand, I'm all for healthy competition to its services, so my hope is that the market will come which will force Microsoft to consider different routes instead of monthly/yearly fees. Especially since their online market is incredibly successful.

---
"because 'Clerks' is NINJA in itself." - Ninja Mask lessons by Vern Reid (http://houseofninja.com/tutorial.php)
#75IcecreamdunwichPosted 12/6/2012 2:06:23 PM
Icecreamdunwich posted...

Nintendo is intent on taking first place this gen with poor quality control, even with the Wii U and it's bricking.

That's not really quality control. That's just proof of Nintendo's COMPLETE incompetence at being able to write a proper OS. This has ALWAYS been the case. Nintendo is just pi$$ poor at programming. Maybe that's why it takes them YEARS to make major games.

I think they just coddle their developers, look at how they let Miyamoto do practically anything he wants. That breeds an air of "well I can do whatever so lets just write it quick and get it over with" instead of writing it in a good way.
#76Xeeh_BitzPosted 12/6/2012 2:08:35 PM
ElGado posted...
Bufkus posted...
This pretty much is the nail in the 720's coffin. If it's truly that much more powerful, it'll likely cost significantly more as well.

Anyone who's been following Microsoft news knows that the company is not doing well financially at all, and if they wanna go completely bankrupt they can try sell the system at a significant ($500+) loss.

Otherwise, it looks like the analyst news that said the 720 would cost $500 at launch will likely prove true, and pretty much nobody will buy the system except a few hardcore gamers.

With a market cap of 224.72 Billion, I'd say it's doing fine. Sony is less than 10 Billion, just had it's stock downgraded to "junk" status and Nintendo is around 13 Billion with a most recent 500 million dollar loss.

Furthermore, an analyst just upgraded Microsoft stock to "buy." Don't get it twisted though, Microsoft's bread and butter is Windows. Their gaming platform has been successful though, and I really sense fear from Sony and Nintendo fanboys since Microsoft is in such a power position right now. Take Sony and Nintendo out of the picture. Apple is the true competitor to Microsoft.

http://www.dailypolitical.com/finance/stock-market/microsoft-corp-stock-rating-upgraded-by-jyske-bank-msft.htm

That is true, Apple is the only thing capable of knocking down Microsoft but it's still early to tell, of course people are not buying new PCs because they already have a PC and Apple is scoring sales left and right because of drones buying their products yearly and people wanting an iPad who does not own one, so Apple is getting a lot of new customers without any of their products while Microsoft is losing sales because potential upgrades is going to Apple or people do not feel the need to buy a new PC while their old one is still working.

but their game division is doing great tho.
---
To be fair, the bible has more plot holes than ME3. I wouldn't be listening either - Pies12
#77Vidius101Posted 12/6/2012 2:08:36 PM
I don't believe this unless their is definite proof. Word of mouth is not definite.
---
Programmed Java, Python, Mat Lab, Project Alice, MS DOS and ADA.
#78kissdadookiePosted 12/6/2012 2:09:13 PM
lp913 posted...
Thread smells like EPIC trollsurance.......expect this new gen to be more like the 6th, NOT a repeat of the 7th IF those sources are accurate, we'll have Wii U (PS2), PS Omni (GameCube) and Microsoft back in the strongest processors position with XBOX 720 (Original XBOX).

Nothing to worry much about (these systems still have to SELL first). It will definitely be more about the sales then it will be about the power, cause much like that 6th gen, why did so many talented developers CONTINUE to work on the weakest hardware of the time (PS2) when GameCube and XBOX were more capable machines?

Note to the HATERS: this time more than the 7th gen it WILL undoubtedly be more about the sales and installbase than it will be about the raw horsepower in the 8th.....lol how soon we forget around these parts.......

It won't be about power BUT due to the progress of technology, the next Sony and MS boxes will BY DEFAULT be substantially more powerful than current gen hardware.

Again, if you and I can build a PC for $500-$600 with RETAIL PRICED COMPONENTS that will easily have 4-6 times the performance of the current Wii U/PS360, then a $400 Sony and MS box would essentially have a similar level of performance (remember, Sony and MS gets heavy discounts on the components).

So by DEFAULT, just by the NATURE of available tech and their current retail pricing, the next MS and Sony boxes will be substantially more powerful. So you sitting there, saying that this won't be the case, is actually more in line with you trying to reassure yourself that the Wii U or current PS360 won't get smoked by the next Sony and MS boxes in terms of hardware.
#79namelessregretPosted 12/6/2012 2:10:49 PM
6 times more powerful? I doubt.
If anything, it will be as "weak" as the WiiU.

Hardware fanboys will be disappointed with the new generation.

That is all I have to say.
#80mattjw456Posted 12/6/2012 2:11:59 PM
ironbru posted...
That's not how performance or clock speeds work. In the slightest. This is literally nonsense.

I know that, what part of going purely by number didn't you understand?

But "going purely by number" isn't a plausible method by which to make any sort of comparison whatsoever, especially between entirely different models of CPU.
---
Between the velvet lies...
There's a truth that's hard as steel YEAH!