Skyward Sword is my favorite Zelda (Besides Majora's Mask)

#1Solid_SOAPPosted 12/6/2012 3:01:13 PM
Why does everybody hate it? All I see all over the internet, especially these forums, is how crappy it is, how the graphics / music are awful, the controls suck, etc. I have played and beat every Zelda besides Zelda II and the Oracles, I just about loved them all, and think that this is one of, if not the best of the series. The controls worked perfectly for me, it was the most immersive Zelda yet, I loved the art style (Although I would have preferred WW style shading), the storyline was the best in the franchise (Besides Majora's Mask), there were plenty of dungeons with difficult enemies and puzzles, etc. Why do so many people hate it? It changed up the franchise while keeping many features the same as well, I loved it.
#2paradicio12Posted 12/6/2012 3:02:14 PM
SS is the best zelda I agree
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site.
#3zalak321Posted 12/6/2012 3:07:02 PM
I loved it. It had a few things that I didn't really like. (Couple examples: You never REALLY used your bird, you just went to the sky, pressed A 3 times and got off. And, it was a tad too linear.)

I LOVED the motion control though. I thought Ghirahim was awesome, and crafting was fun.

Story= RAD

Couldn't have picked a better art style. (For the story. Overall I like Wind Waker best, but it seems weird to have toon like in SS)

And it probably had the best dungeons.
---
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH
#4S_FoxPosted 12/6/2012 3:08:48 PM
It's not my favorite but it was a very enjoyable experience, the gameplay, story, artwork, and environment were all outstanding.
---
Nothing to see here
#5P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 12/6/2012 3:09:26 PM
My favorite so far too followed by Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess which are tied IMO.
---
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Samurai Warriors 3DS
http://youtu.be/X21mJh6j9i4
#6DeathSoul2000Posted 12/6/2012 3:11:52 PM(edited)
my problem with it is they claimed it would 'reinvent' zelda, and it didn't. they also said it would be the last 'traditional zelda.' zelda with precise motion controls doesn't exactly scream 'non-traditional' to me. and with the gamepad i imagine it will go back to being 'traditional.'
#7PhoenixPrincePosted 12/6/2012 3:13:10 PM
For most games there are several classifications of people who talk about not liking it on the internet. The following are it.

1. People who played through it and genuinely don't like it for one reason or another.
2. Trolls who just want to invoke rage.

Skyward Sword has an extra group of negativity added in though.

3. People who are too lazy to drop their doritios, get off their butts, and actually play it.
---
I tell it how I see it. Controversial and I don't care.
#8BuretsuPosted 12/6/2012 3:14:05 PM
Terrible motion controls, boring empty overworld, limited exploration, worst companion, endless forced tutorials, repeating bosses, lame items...
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#9paradicio12Posted 12/6/2012 3:15:33 PM
Buretsu posted...
Terrible motion controls, boring empty overworld, limited exploration, worst companion, endless forced tutorials, repeating bosses, lame items...

same could be said about any of the zeldas
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site.
#10BuretsuPosted 12/6/2012 3:16:28 PM
paradicio12 posted...
Buretsu posted...

same could be said about any of the zeldas

If you wanted to be wrong, sure.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit