Wii U sold a grand total of.... 425K units in it's launch week

#101EbonMagicianPosted 12/6/2012 10:46:22 PM
Guys, guys, common, he is posting from an iphone, he obviously lacks common sense to use such in inferior piece of hardware compared to the Galaxy S III, I mean, the iphone only sold about 16 million units in the time the S3 sold 18 million, so the iphone is obviously not in demand and is a failure. Looks like apples doomed. Apploomed... Suck a pitty
---
3DS FC: Lotaphi 1118-1539-9491 --- Vita PSN: Bernkestel Wii U: Bernkastel
message me if you add me. yes, there is a spelling difference between my psn and wiiu
#102_FalstaffPosted 12/6/2012 10:54:41 PM
I'd like to see you address my estimates and what they mean to you, GAMER_X_REVIVAL. Please address the estimates, as that is the important part of the post. I'd like to get another glimpse of your "reality," as you call it.
---
9 days to go, and I'm out of here.
#103GAMER_X_REVIVALPosted 12/6/2012 11:04:26 PM(edited)
_Falstaff posted...
I'd like to see you address my estimates and what they mean to you, GAMER_X_REVIVAL. Please address the estimates, as that is the important part of the post. I'd like to get another glimpse of your "reality," as you call it.

Your estimate is poor because it ignores the fact that everyone knows that the Wii was the fastest selling console ever. People that bought units to resell didnt just buy ONE extra. Very few only bought a single unit. They all thought this was going to be a repeat of the Wii and they wanted to cash in as much as humanly possible. Most scalpers bought anywhere from 5 to 20 units (the ones that bought a large amount went to multiple stores to get that many pre orders).

Like you said, you're rejecting reality and substituting your own. I really don't care if the Wii U sells well or great, it doesnt change my life or ruin my day. I'm just be realisitic and seeing the situation as it really is. The system had 0 hype outside of a very small minority of extreme nintendo enthusiasts and opportunistic people who jump on things to scalp during holiday seasons. If you really think a sizable chunk of those 400k-ish numbers in US and UK werent resellers, you're very naive.

The Wii U had about as much hype and demand from the average consumer as the Vita. Look at the Vitas launch numbers. Thats a good indication of how many Wii U systems went into the hands of actual consumers and not scalpers.

The more you know *rainbow*
---
Guardian Gamer X
"CE's verbal cruelty is only matched by an eight-armed robot beating multiple baby seals."-PursuitandTie
#104darkqueenhelbaPosted 12/6/2012 11:08:13 PM
And the Virtual Boy didn't even break 1 million units....What's your point TC? To be the usual cliche, pessimistic troll? Cause your doing a bang up job. People like you need to get a life. This is what you do with your time. It's beyond pathetic.
---
My response to trolls; GET A JOB!!!
#105_FalstaffPosted 12/6/2012 11:09:26 PM
That's about all I needed to know from you, then.
---
9 days to go, and I'm out of here.
#106JKatarnPosted 12/6/2012 11:11:05 PM
GAMER_X_REVIVAL posted...
_Falstaff posted...

Your estimate is poor because it ignores the fact that everyone knows that the Wii was the fastest selling console ever. People that bought units to resell didnt just buy ONE extra. Very few only bought a single unit. They all thought this was going to be a repeat of the Wii and they wanted to cash in as much as humanly possible. Most scalpers bought anywhere from 5 to 20 units (the ones that bought a large amount went to multiple stores to get that many pre orders).

Like you said, you're rejecting reality and substituting your own. I really don't care if the Wii U sells well or great, it doesnt change my life or ruin my day. I'm just be realisitic and seeing the situation as it really is. The system had 0 hype outside of a very small minority of extreme nintendo enthusiasts and opportunistic people who jump on things to scalp during holiday seasons. If you really think a sizable chunk of those 400k-ish numbers in US and UK werent resellers, you're very naive.

The Wii U had about as much hype and demand from the average consumer as the Vita. Look at the Vitas launch numbers. Thats a good indication of how many Wii U systems went into the hands of actual consumers and not scalpers.

The more you know *rainbow*

If you don't care, then why bother post mini walls o' text stating supposed sales figures/return rates etc? Gotta love people who "don't care" and yet continue posting in a thread. Go play a game if you truly don't care.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 460 Superclocked
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#107BIGFELLAH26Posted 12/6/2012 11:13:56 PM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
http://www.joystiq.com/2012/12/06/wii-u-sold-425-000-units-in-us-in-november/

Yikes

You think people actually care about your opinions? yikes, you're even dumber than I thought.
---
"Cause they are going back to give it a 3 so you guys can french-kiss each other in victory all night" CrimsonGear80.
#108BIGFELLAH26Posted 12/6/2012 11:16:27 PM
Buretsu posted...
SimmerE15 posted...
They should have released the Gamepad for the 360. They would have sold a lot more.

Probably, the 360 sold 1.2 million units in November.

How much did the 360 sell its launch week again?

About 350k. Less than the Wii U.

Sssshhhhhh, don't tell him that or he won't be able to use the Xbox outsold WiiU excuse.
---
"Cause they are going back to give it a 3 so you guys can french-kiss each other in victory all night" CrimsonGear80.
#109fire2boxPosted 12/6/2012 11:43:36 PM
KirbyIsAwesome posted...
Yikes? That's only 25K less than the Wii, and under 15K less than the 3DS. Both of them are massive successes. This isn't bad news at all.

The wii had a lack of games hardcore fans wanted. no F-zero, no star fox, no pikmin. gamers had to plead for games to be ported from japan.

The 3DS was selling so poorly, nintendo did its largest price cut, ever.

These are massive successes in your eyes?
---
Roswill Challenger case | ASRock B75 PRO3 | Ivy bridge i5 3570k @3.40GHz | 8 GB G Skill ripsaw DDR3 @ 1600 | single XFX 7870 GHz edition | OCZ 600W modular PSU
#110MelkacPosted 12/6/2012 11:52:09 PM
http://www.joystiq.com/2012/12/06/wii-u-sold-425-000-units-in-us-in-november/

Yikes

The Xbox 360 sold 350k units in two weeks.

^ Defend that.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43C2aBKMqeA