Wii U sold a grand total of.... 425K units in it's launch week

#131RyuniPosted 12/7/2012 2:00:32 AM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
In 2 days we will find out, though I don't think it will be the super seller that people here think it will be.

with monster hunter i have a really hard time imagining it wont. hopefully japan gamers will prove they're not as dronish as it seem

Eh Monster Hunter really isn't good on consoles and doesn't sell well on them.

You're wrong, it's going to be one of the best MH since it's simply MH3G in HD. The 3DS game is already deemed one of the best MH by many and to get it in better graphics is just a plus.

Looking at Japan only, you'd be gullible if you think MH3G HD ver. won't make WiiU sell a lot more. NA/Europe doesn't have that big of a MH fan base so I doubt there will be any notable difference in WiiU sales.
#132Icecreamdunwich(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 2:03:41 AM(edited)
In 2 days we will find out, though I don't think it will be the super seller that people here think it will be.

with monster hunter i have a really hard time imagining it wont. hopefully japan gamers will prove they're not as dronish as it seem

You're wrong, it's going to be one of the best MH since it's simply MH3G in HD. The 3DS game is already deemed one of the best MH by many and to get it in better graphics is just a plus.

Looking at Japan only, you'd be gullible if you think MH3G HD ver. won't make WiiU sell a lot more. NA/Europe doesn't have that big of a MH fan base so I doubt there will be any notable difference in WiiU sales.

So, that's why an original Monster Hunter on the Wii sold only 2 million copies world wide, not even cracking to the top of it's franchise? We've had updated versions on consoles, they didn't sell well either.

Face it, Monster Hunter doesn't sell on consoles. It didn't sell on the PS2, it didn't sell on the Wii. It won't sell on the Wii U.
#133DiscostewSMPosted 12/7/2012 2:04:34 AM
Soeroah posted...
How to deal with trolls:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxiLUEgN6vQ

If there was a Like button, I'd hit it twice. Both useful information, plus it involves one of my favorite shows....or movie....TV movie?
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#134supremeblasterPosted 12/7/2012 2:42:34 AM

So, that's why an original Monster Hunter on the Wii sold only 2 million copies world wide, not even cracking to the top of it's franchise? We've had updated versions on consoles, they didn't sell well either.

Face it, Monster Hunter doesn't sell on consoles. It didn't sell on the PS2, it didn't sell on the Wii. It won't sell on the Wii U.

Because apparently, 2 mil is a ridiculously small number. *facepalm*
#135Helmsly2008Posted 12/7/2012 3:01:45 AM(edited)
Micheal Pachter is saying that the Wii U sold out and that is why the numbers are like this but that seems to contradict a lot of the reports that say the Wii U hasn't sold out. Who do we believe!? He does make another point about the Wii U's software that i think is interesting::

USA Today
Wedbush Securities analyst Michael Pachter deemed the November sales results -- a record 12 months of declines -- as "worse than I expected."

The culprit, he says, was Wii U hardware sales, which came in about $50 million below expected, and sales of Nintendo handhelds, the DS and 3DS. "Wii U hardware was sold out, we checked, so it's a supply issue," he says. But Wii U software sales "was abysmal, only Super Mario sold any meaningful units."
#136Helmsly2008Posted 12/7/2012 3:00:36 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#13740DribylfPosted 12/7/2012 3:28:46 AM
fire2box posted...
KirbyIsAwesome posted...
Yikes? That's only 25K less than the Wii, and under 15K less than the 3DS. Both of them are massive successes. This isn't bad news at all.

The wii had a lack of games hardcore fans wanted. no F-zero, no star fox, no pikmin. gamers had to plead for games to be ported from japan.

The 3DS was selling so poorly, nintendo did its largest price cut, ever.

These are massive successes in your eyes?

The 3DS wasn't selling poorly at all. It just wasn't selling as much as Nintendo would like, and also, the strong yen hurt them a bit.

The thing is one of the fastest selling consoles ever.
---
I am hip
http://www.last.fm/user/KDay1990
#138Sylar100Posted 12/7/2012 3:42:27 AM
BIGFELLAH26 posted...
http://www.joystiq.com/2012/12/06/wii-u-sold-425-000-units-in-us-in-november/

Yikes

You think people actually care about your opinions? yikes, you're even dumber than I thought.

Insulting people, how mature
#139pearl arowanaPosted 12/7/2012 6:08:57 AM
Helmsly2008 posted...
Micheal Pachter is saying that the Wii U sold out and that is why the numbers are like this but that seems to contradict a lot of the reports that say the Wii U hasn't sold out. Who do we believe!? He does make another point about the Wii U's software that i think is interesting::

USA Today
Wedbush Securities analyst Michael Pachter deemed the November sales results -- a record 12 months of declines -- as "worse than I expected."

The culprit, he says, was Wii U hardware sales, which came in about $50 million below expected, and sales of Nintendo handhelds, the DS and 3DS. "Wii U hardware was sold out, we checked, so it's a supply issue," he says. But Wii U software sales "was abysmal, only Super Mario sold any meaningful units."

wii u didnt sold out.. its in stock everywhere.. even on ebay.. nobody want to buy them :(

but considering its abysmal weak spec.. no surprise there
---
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or abministrator]
#140CapnStankyPosted 12/7/2012 7:09:50 AM
Horrendous 3DS and Wii U sales numbers at the most crucial time of the year. Poor Nintendo. But they deserve it for being so blind to what's happening in the market.
---
GOTY 2012 Candidates: Sleeping Dogs, Mark of the Ninja, Borderlands 2, Forza Horizon, Halo 4