Wii U sold a grand total of.... 425K units in it's launch week

#71Icecreamdunwich(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 8:49:10 PM
StickMen1090 posted...
Icecreamdunwich posted...
its not even calculated for Japan lol lets wait for the totals to get out

Um, because the Wii U comes out in 2 days for Japan, and the NPD doesn't do Japan...

your topic title clearly states launch week so if you arent doing all regions then it really doesnt mean much until we get a world wide release

Obviously we are referring to the only region which has had the console for an entire week...
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#72_FalstaffPosted 12/6/2012 8:54:08 PM
Obviously we are referring to the only region which has had the console for an entire week...

Which is interesting that you mention that, as you seem to have completely disregarded the best comparison of consoles on their launch week.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/64846640/726740711
---
9 days to go, and I'm out of here.
#73HungoverHero777Posted 12/6/2012 8:56:14 PM
_Falstaff posted...

Which is interesting that you mention that, as you seem to have completely disregarded the best comparison of consoles on their launch week.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/64846640/726740711

Of course he did. It doesn't suit his needs, therefore it doesn't exist.
---
The Great Mighty Poo sings better than JB. Agree: 10 Disagree: 0 PM me for your choice.
Official "Co-Pun-isher" of the C2 board. IlThe AR-C Expert II
#74Chenmaster2Posted 12/6/2012 9:00:51 PM
Sorry but we'll never take you seriously.
---
Pokemon Black FC: 2451-4503-4086
Monkey Hug! XP http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iu9-I3AMu0g
#75GreatTroySenseiPosted 12/6/2012 9:01:06 PM

Um, because the Wii U comes out in 2 days for Japan, and the NPD doesn't do Japan...

And in Japan, the Wii U will sell more in a couple months than the XBox 360 has in its entire lifespan over there.

Are you willing to bet your account on that?

Not a smart bet, bro. The 360 has sold a whopping total of like 50k systems in Japan. Japan hates things that aren't cutesy [Wii,] Japanese [Wii/PS3] or both. The Wii U will probably sell another 400k there.
---
These are like, third dimension glasses, you know? They don't really work, though because I feel like I'm still seeing stuff in whatever dimension we live in.
#76Icecreamdunwich(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 9:03:40 PM
GreatTroySensei posted...

And in Japan, the Wii U will sell more in a couple months than the XBox 360 has in its entire lifespan over there.

Are you willing to bet your account on that?

Not a smart bet, bro. The 360 has sold a whopping total of like 50k systems in Japan. Japan hates things that aren't cutesy [Wii,] Japanese [Wii/PS3] or both. The Wii U will probably sell another 400k there.

Ah, I misread his post. Yeah it will definitely outsell the 360's Japan sales.
---
#77motorazrv3xxxPosted 12/6/2012 9:13:34 PM
goemon1977 posted...
So 1.2 million idiots bought the 360, which should have been purchased years ago, so they buy it now when there is literally no future for it, whats out is out. Makes sense!

Those people wanted a gaming fix that the Wii U simply isn't capable of giving at this point.
---
Official Nintendo Defense Force Member
#78Icecreamdunwich(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 9:23:31 PM
motorazrv3xxx posted...
goemon1977 posted...
So 1.2 million idiots bought the 360, which should have been purchased years ago, so they buy it now when there is literally no future for it, whats out is out. Makes sense!

Those people wanted a gaming fix that the Wii U simply isn't capable of giving at this point.

Shhh
---
#79goemon1977Posted 12/6/2012 9:29:54 PM
motorazrv3xxx posted...
goemon1977 posted...

Well you can't argue that the 360 has a huge library of of old games to pick from. Can you imagine the look on the face of the person receiving the new 360, and the person who gave them the new 360 when they see the 720 released a year after they got their new system? All those poor people will be left in the dust while the rest of us who actually participated in this generation of systems from the beginning have no problem getting the new system since they didn't just get it a year ago.
---
Wii U ID goemon12677
#80MaxStar360Posted 12/6/2012 9:31:47 PM
Oh, this is just delightful, isn't it? Here we have PS3 and 360 diehards/fanboys (take your pick) trying to bash a Nintendo system (is anyone *really* surprised?) for absolutely ANYTHING they can use as ammo even if it doesn't matter or even make sense!

It is simple! If you like what the Wii U has to offer, then go buy one and stop bashing PS3 and 360. If you don't like what the Wii U is offering, then go play with your preferred system and have respect for people who feel differently from you. Is that too much to ask?
---
Smile no smile. See if they see what you mean. -Suzanne Vega