Wii U sold a grand total of.... 425K units in it's launch week

#81BuretsuPosted 12/6/2012 8:34:19 PM
motorazrv3xxx posted...
goemon1977 posted...
So 1.2 million idiots bought the 360, which should have been purchased years ago, so they buy it now when there is literally no future for it, whats out is out. Makes sense!

Those people wanted a gaming fix that the Wii U simply isn't capable of giving at this point.

Exactly.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#82Baha05Posted 12/6/2012 8:38:43 PM
425k? Not bad considering it's the US numbers.
---
"LOL fail, SMG and GTA5 aren't even from the same decade. gj." - War_Fail
#83KingJaggiPosted 12/6/2012 8:42:48 PM
_Falstaff posted...
SS4_Namreppiv posted...
How about doing something a little more interesting? Instead of comparing apples to oranges, compare apples to apples. Track down the sales for the PS3 and 360 during their launch month and compare those figures to the Wii U.

Good idea. (All numbers taken from U.S. launch week plus or minus a couple days of each console)

PS3: 196,672
http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/39047/USA/

360: 305,237
http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/38683/USA/

Wii: 463,466
http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/39047/USA/

DS: 486,391
http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/38319/USA/

PSP: 170,078
http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/38445/USA/

Wii U: 411,850
http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/41238/USA/

So, as we can see, number of consoles sold during the launch week means nothing at all. Absolutely nothing.

(Before the inevitable "lol vgchartz" appears, I would challenge anybody to find a more reliable source. That is your job when you challenge data.)

---
Psn:KingJaggi 3DS Fc:1590-5213-0522
I LOVE MONSTER HUNTER!!
#84Sailor GoonPosted 12/6/2012 8:44:26 PM
Always like flies to a turd whenever Icecream posts...
---
As told to me by Gamefaqs admin: They hire 17 year olds as moderators!
XBL: DanGogh78, PSN: DanGogh
#85GAMER_X_REVIVALPosted 12/6/2012 8:58:18 PM
People seem to be ignoring the whole thing where ebayers and resellers on amazon bought anywhere from 2-3 to 20 units each to resell.

That 400k isnt real sales numbers, most of it is people buying up a bunch on credit cards because they think this is gonna be the Wii all over again during the holidays and that they'll be able to make a killing.

So far, we know this isn't the case, tons of units still on many store shelves across the country.

Depending on what the return policy is for the misc stores people bought from (ie must be returned in 30 days etc for cash refund) you'll be seeing stories of mass returns after people weren't able to get rid of these Wii Us even at a break even price.

It definitely didn't sell 425k in the US or the UK to legitimate consumers looking to take it home and play it and keep it themselves. And we all know that.

Fanboys will read my post and chant "a sales a sale" but um nah, it isn't. We're talking about how much real world interest with real consumers the Wii U has here, and such low LEGITIMATE sales says theres hardly any. And a sale isnt a sale when a large portion of the buyers end up returning the stock within 30 days because the item ended up having little to no demand or shortages they could exploit.

We'll see as we get closer to Xmas and the days after, theres gonna be tons of returns. From resellers and also from bricked units since Nintendos too dumb to set the system up to have a backup firmware/bios incase of complications during an update.

Its gonna be funny to see the fanboys reaction to reality then
---
"Dragon Age 2 was a train wreck the entire game, ME3 was like screaming rollercoaster that ran out of track and everyone died." -nIMr0D888
#86Baha05Posted 12/6/2012 9:02:22 PM
GAMER_X_REVIVAL posted...
People seem to be ignoring the whole thing where ebayers and resellers on amazon bought anywhere from 2-3 to 20 units each to resell.

That 400k isnt real sales numbers, most of it is people buying up a bunch on credit cards because they think this is gonna be the Wii all over again during the holidays and that they'll be able to make a killing.

Then TC making these topics for no real reason then huh? Also I highly doubt the scalpers make up even 10% of all Wii U's purchased. The fact of the matter is if the numbers are pointing to 425k sold then they sold that amount to buyers. If not then all sales for launch consoles or any console would be WORTHLESS.
---
"LOL fail, SMG and GTA5 aren't even from the same decade. gj." - War_Fail
#87BigTlovesBEERPosted 12/6/2012 9:08:56 PM
Are you trying to spin this like half a million units is bad???

That's friggin awesome. And I'm not a nintendo fan at all but I mean, why act like that's anything but a positive accomplishment?
#88kyomagiPosted 12/6/2012 9:10:31 PM(edited)

So far, we know this isn't the case, tons of units still on many store shelves across the country.

Depending on what the return policy is for the misc stores people bought from (ie must be returned in 30 days etc for cash refund) you'll be seeing stories of mass returns after people weren't able to get rid of these Wii Us even at a break even price.

It definitely didn't sell 425k in the US or the UK to legitimate consumers looking to take it home and play it and keep it themselves. And we all know that.

Fanboys will read my post and chant "a sales a sale" but um nah, it isn't. We're talking about how much real world interest with real consumers the Wii U has here, and such low LEGITIMATE sales says theres hardly any. And a sale isnt a sale when a large portion of the buyers end up returning the stock within 30 days because the item ended up having little to no demand or shortages they could exploit.

We'll see as we get closer to Xmas and the days after, theres gonna be tons of returns. From resellers and also from bricked units since Nintendos too dumb to set the system up to have a backup firmware/bios incase of complications during an update.

Its gonna be funny to see the fanboys reaction to reality then

Same for every other console, including the 360 and ps3. If you want to look at it that way, legit customers only bought 100k ps3's and 240k 360's

---
Magistarkyo - PSN; kyoakuma - 360, 3DS FC - 4339 2637 1918
#89BuretsuPosted 12/6/2012 9:11:07 PM

You mean like the XBox 360, where 10% of consoles bought during launch ended up on eBay?
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#90SuperShyGuy9000Posted 12/6/2012 9:12:00 PM
Far as I can tell there are a supposed estimated 2K Wii U units on ebay and 800 on Amazon

So take away 3K from that total as they aren't "legitimate"