Nintendo buying Sega?

#41GeneStarwindPosted 12/7/2012 3:57:57 AM
Nintendo needs to buy Sega then make a GREAT Toejam and Earl.
---
http://tinyurl.com/Rivaling-that-of-Super-Puters
#42XD375Posted 12/7/2012 4:01:01 AM
Bryon25 posted...
I don't understand the sonic hate. The last few games have been great. Sonic colors, sonic generations, sonic the hedgehog 4. If they buy sega, nintendo can just have sonic team continue to develop the games as long as they remain good.
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 was an awful, awful, awful game, but it was made by Dimps - not Sonic Team. Colors and Generations are the best games since the Genesis era, but they're still not as good as the Genesis games in overall quality.
#43Bryon25Posted 12/7/2012 4:58:25 AM(edited)
It wasn't that bad. Plus, Dimps made the sonic advance games. Which were all good.
---
pokemon black 2 friend code
4342 0329 2724 (Ash)
#44NintendologicalPosted 12/7/2012 7:50:22 AM(edited)
squatch22 posted...
What is Sega worth again? Lol.
Income doesn't mean a company is worth more.

I didn't say Sega was worth more. I said they are worth too much. There is a difference. Buyouts happen when one corporation is significantly larger. A merger between Sega Sammy Holdings and Nintendo is possible, but on sheer income and revenue, Sega is outside if Nintendo's buying power. You fanboys are busy having nocturnal emissions about Sonic and Mario. On the other hand, I am concerned with the facts. Nintendo's revenue is $7.8 billion where as Sega Sammy's is $4.35 billion. Without consideration for asset values (offices and IP) I can already estimate Nintendo having to spend roughly $3 billion for such an acquisition, which is half of Nintendo's former net worth at their highest point. Company's don't spend half of their worth acquiring another company. As I said, a merger? Sure. A buyout? Not likely. This isn't the 90s. Be rid of the Nintendo vs. Sega fanboyismand fantasies about one buying out the other. Such claims are as ridiculous as Microsoft buying Apple.
---
Your uncle was so dumb he paid the full price of a new PS2 to rent it for a week? Your family tree must be a straight line" - Finlandia
#45FireKatKidPosted 12/8/2012 4:30:00 PM
GeneStarwind posted...
Nintendo needs to buy Sega then make a GREAT Toejam and Earl.

Sadly that can't happen as ToeJam and Earl are owned by ToeJam and Earl Productions, who are just published by SEGA, usually.

They seem to have roughly given up after the flop that was the 360 game. Funny how that system has a way of ruining classic series...
#46vidalmorazaPosted 12/8/2012 4:52:10 PM
Valkyria Chronicles pl0x
---
XBL/PSN/Steam/NNID: VidalukoVet
(most)This gen games: http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b245/VIdaluko/DSC00631.jpg
#47Frozenx07Posted 12/8/2012 7:34:27 PM
I would like Sega to make a new console. If they aren't going to do that, I would like Nintendo to buy them. I'm not happy that Sega continues to ignores their franchises and only releases Sonic games.

I want: Streets of Rage, Golden Axe, Shenmue, Ecco The Dolphin, Crazy Taxi, Jet Set Radio, Space Channel 5, Altered Beast, Kid Chameleon, Vectorman, and tons more!

They have so many great IPs and they ignore them!
---
Animal Crossing: City Folk
John Atlantis 0132-8718-5558
#48MrSRArterPosted 12/8/2012 7:36:07 PM
Namco Bandai's probably going to be buying Atari soon
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eStcSpAdodc&feature=plcp <- I agree with this video.
Official Birthday Cake flavor of the IDF
#49LordBowserPosted 12/8/2012 7:39:33 PM(edited)
_Falstaff posted...
LUlGI posted...
I kinda wish Nintendo would just take Sonic already

We all know they'd probably do better with Sonic than Sega has done in the past decade.

Sonic Colors and Sonic Generations were genuinely good games.

Frankly I liked the Dreamcast games, too. Both Sonic Adventures were fun games for me. It's just everything between Colors and Adventure 2 were pretty bad. I don't know what it is, but when they first became a Third Party, for some reason they started making really bad games. A few good ones, but not as far as Sonic goes.

Edit: I wanted to make sure to note that they are actually make progressively better games. They are becoming more like the Sega of old. Honestly, if Nintendo was going to buy Sega, this is the time to do it.
---
I am Lord Bowser, King of the Koopas! Bwahaha..
Playing Bowser on Mario Kart, and Noxus on Metroid Prime. I am not a cookie cutter!
#50Sir_HaxorPosted 12/8/2012 7:53:51 PM
Nintendo ignores half of its franchises as is. You honestly expect them to revive Sega's? Get real.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0559-6940-0140
The Official Anguished One and Chaos Hero of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board