So if the next Zelda game uses the Wii Motion Plus again...

#31AXKSIONPosted 12/7/2012 1:57:04 AM
Spade59 posted...
Anyone flailing their arms around playing Skyward Sword had no idea what the hell they were doing.

Quite sad considering it's very easy to play correctly.

You cannot play it correctly since the controls did not work.

Bahamut_10th posted...
AXKSION posted...
Bahamut_10th posted...
They better not go back to button mashing again.

I didn't like swimming or flying with motion controls, but I don't want to use my sword or my items WITHOUT motion controls.

The exploration of SS felt close to Metroid Prime's style. I loved it.

I never mashed buttons when playing a real Zelda game with a real controller.

I see you enjoy flailing your arms around while playing Zelda. Too bad for you the new Zelda is utilizing the GamePad.

If you played SS flailing your arms around it's pretty clear why you didn't like controls.
You didn't even understand them.

motion controls suck and are the worst thing ever.
---
http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s574/akxsion/Nintendo.png http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s574/akxsion/SMRPG.jpg
#32Bahamut_10thPosted 12/7/2012 1:58:56 AM
Being blockheaded isn't a control issue. But a player issue.
#33MathewMansonPosted 12/7/2012 1:59:36 AM
Chocobo115 posted...
I want Zelda U to be fully playable with a Pro Controller with added rumble. Otherwise I'm skipping Wii U overall.

You have problems...
---
I'm not man enough...to be human.
#34Spade59Posted 12/7/2012 2:03:03 AM
AXKSION posted...
You cannot play it correctly since the controls did not work.

The controls only work poorly if you're having a seizure.
#35ImGanondorfLolPosted 12/7/2012 2:31:16 AM
Skyward Sword's motion controls was what was most fun about the game, to me.. I was a bit disappointed about the rest of the game.
#36GencoilPosted 12/7/2012 2:32:26 AM
knightimex posted...
PLEASE NO more motion zelda.

SS was unplayable.
I hope NIntendo doesn't ruin zelda with motion controls!!!

Unplayable? I had no problems whatsoever completing that game. You have muscle spasms in your arm or something?
---
www.klustr.net || http://passid.ca/recoil || Xbox LIVE: Nitesoul || PSN: Gencoil
#37Chocobo115Posted 12/7/2012 2:35:33 AM
MathewManson posted...
Chocobo115 posted...
I want Zelda U to be fully playable with a Pro Controller with added rumble. Otherwise I'm skipping Wii U overall.

You have problems...

How so? The Wii was a huge disappointment to me. I haven't touched it for 4 years by now. Won't get fooled again.

Sure Mario Galaxy was all fun. But Twilight Princess got me bored and I never finished it. Think I got to some water temple.
Skywards Sword gave me Windwaker vibes so I just didn't bother with that one at all.
#38shaunmePosted 12/7/2012 2:42:37 AM
knightimex posted...
PLEASE NO more motion zelda.

SS was unplayable.
I hope NIntendo doesn't ruin zelda with motion controls!!!

i made a topic saying the exact samething last night and got flamed to death.Me and knightimex vs the world xxx
---
i72600k @4.6 // ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution // 8gb corsair vengence // 3x MSI GTX 680 LIGHTNINGS2gb sli // 850watt ocz gamexstream // 1tb samsung spinpoint //w8pro
#39DirtyWhyteBoyPosted 12/7/2012 3:32:39 AM
I seriously laugh every-time i see any thread that mentions how people hate motion controls and their involvement in Zelda games. The motion controls in both Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword WORKED. They were not broken. Furthermore SS refined the motion control spectacularly, the only thing in the game that i felt was truly broken with the motion controls was the bug-catching net, but that's it =/.
Motion controls are fine when they work which in Skyward Sword's case they DID in fact work. If you thought they were broken, then you were clearly playing the game spectacularly poorly or are quite misguided in judging the difference between playable and unplayable. Quite frankly motion controls in Zelda games are awesome and if they stay then I'm all for it! If we get button controls that would be fine too. But the option to switch between the two in-game would be a huge waste of time and effort... It isn't hard to adapt to either play-style and it doesn't require you to go that far out of your comfort zone... If you are flailing your arms around screaming "THE CONTROLS DON'T WORK, ^*%& THIS GAME!", then you need to re-evaluate some things.
But on a different point, yet more important by far: If the game's story is good and interesting, and the combat is enjoyable it really doesn't matter what the control scheme is (button/game-pad/motion). If you don't want to play the game because of motion-controls, that is fine, but please leave everyone else alone and stop saying the game is broken/terrible just because YOU can't adapt or learn something out of your comfort zone. It's not difficult, it's not impossible, and it most certainly isn't broken.
#4040DribylfPosted 12/7/2012 3:35:48 AM
^Twilight Princess' controls were ****ing awful, get out of here. The Gamecube version was superior in every way.

Skyward Sword's controls, however, are immaculate. It's still a mediocre game, through and through, but the controls were great.
---
I am hip
http://www.last.fm/user/KDay1990