So if the next Zelda game uses the Wii Motion Plus again...

#41DanspurtPosted 12/7/2012 3:42:29 AM
DirtyWhyteBoy posted...
the only thing in the game that i felt was truly broken with the motion controls was the bug-catching net, but that's it =/.

Seriously, it seems that most of the people complaining about something in Skyward Sword complain about different things. The bug catching net? That worked pretty well!
Sword, mostly awesome. Sometimes Link didn't click into his sword beam charge position though and just started twitching around.
But the part I found truly broken was the harp. I could do it pretty well the first three or four petals, but despite repeating the exact same motion, Link became a spastic idiot and dropped it completely.

It's weird. If they do try motion controls again, they have some refining to do, to make it work with most people's movements.

Apparently Nintendo Land did it well? Although Link's hand is a stick in a ball in that game, which probably helps a lot.
---
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you never really know how accurate they actually are" - Abraham Lincoln
#42GencoilPosted 12/7/2012 3:42:47 AM
If there's one complaint I have about the motion controls in Skyward Sword it's that they used the gyro for pointing at things. What's wrong with the IR sensor? It follows your movement better and doesn't require you to re-center the pointer every now and then.
---
www.klustr.net || http://passid.ca/recoil || Xbox LIVE: Nitesoul || PSN: Gencoil
#43SpeedstersonicPosted 12/7/2012 3:44:39 AM
40Dribylf posted...
^Twilight Princess' controls were ****ing awful, get out of here. The Gamecube version was superior in every way.

Skyward Sword's controls, however, are immaculate. It's still a mediocre game, through and through, but the controls were great.

I agree, the gameplay itself was great, the game itself was not. When I got to the end I was like REALLY that's IT FOR DUNGEONS? So few dungeons in that game plus the areas were boring and omg the flying was fun for 30 min, then so damn tedious and SMALL.

After the greatness and scope of Wind Waker, and the fairly awesome Twilight Princess, I expected so much more.
---
A man who trusts everyone is a fool, and a man who trusts no one is a fool. We are all fools, if we live long enough.
#44DeathSoul2000Posted 12/7/2012 3:53:56 AM
Speedstersonic posted...
40Dribylf posted...
^Twilight Princess' controls were ****ing awful, get out of here. The Gamecube version was superior in every way.

Skyward Sword's controls, however, are immaculate. It's still a mediocre game, through and through, but the controls were great.

I agree, the gameplay itself was great, the game itself was not. When I got to the end I was like REALLY that's IT FOR DUNGEONS? So few dungeons in that game plus the areas were boring and omg the flying was fun for 30 min, then so damn tedious and SMALL.

After the greatness and scope of Wind Waker, and the fairly awesome Twilight Princess, I expected so much more.

agreed. i didn't feel like the 'overworld is a dungeon' like they claimed. it just felt the same as it always has - tacked on sidequests you need to do to access the next dungeon. only this time around it was segregated and cramped.
#45PaperDolphinPosted 12/7/2012 3:56:41 AM
MathewManson posted...
I read somewhere that Nintendo was planning on using the stylist as the sword.

OH GOD NO! We already know how that turned out...badly
---
Waddle Dee and Toad for SSB4!
#46Socran(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 3:57:19 AM
...I don't suppose I could request that people stop bickering over whether SS's controls were good or not, and get back onto the subject of "silly novelty uses for the Gamepad"?

Seriously, it does not make me happy to see a topic I posted appear on GameFAQs' "Top 10 most argumentative topics" feature on the front page (which really, REALLY needs to go away, I might add).
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#47Virtue777Posted 12/7/2012 4:04:06 AM
I think the next Zelda game should use the Kinect.
---
Coolest guy/gal on the planet: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382
#48silverwolf23Posted 12/7/2012 5:36:57 AM
Maybe the game pad will just be used for like items and puzzles or some **** plus i hope they have motion controls it was pretty cool in loz:ss so i should(maybe) be good in this one
---
Buona sera, Che tempo fa oggi?(Italiano)
#49New LinkPosted 12/7/2012 5:46:50 AM
AXKSION posted...
blah

do you have arms?
---
-SNES- Hasta Pasta!
Sieh nur wie ich laufen kann... Mich fängst du nicht, ich bin der Lebkuchenmann!
#50csalvi42Posted 12/7/2012 6:01:50 AM
I am definitely in the camp of wanting motion controls for swordplay in the next game. Refine the bomb throwing mechanics and all will be right in the Zelda universe. I'd like to see other unique uses for the gamepad that are not essential for the game (due to the abysmal battery life) but make the game more immersive.

Plus, I still think there's untapped potential with wii motion plus. Nintendo was smart to import it over to the new system and essentially deliver on the promises of the Wii a generation late.
---
White Version FC: 0991 1102 7167
Heart Gold FC: 4898 8264 5300