Im 24 and still play Nintendo. Do I need help?

#21csalvi42Posted 12/7/2012 6:10:54 AM
Im gonna either take this as a joke or suggest you follow the tips of other posters, and realize you're your own man and to worry about other peoples opinions at this point is perhaps the only thing truly holding you back from a well-lived life.

I'm also 24 for reference, hold down a full time job, have plenty of other interests, but enjoy video games just as girls enjoy reading trashy magazines like cosmo. I find no reason to explain myself to people who scoff at the idea that games are a waste of time, and dont let anyone-girls or guys- tell you that while they're probably reading about TSwift's latest BF or incessantly checking on their fantasy football league at work.
---
White Version FC: 0991 1102 7167
Heart Gold FC: 4898 8264 5300
#22F_WolfPosted 12/7/2012 6:23:29 AM
jedinat posted...
TKUKG posted...
24 and still caring what other people think of you? Haven't you learned anything by now?

Well, I wouldn't go that far. Everyone cares what people think of them.

No.
#23Lousy_FellowPosted 12/7/2012 6:32:07 AM
Me talking to a person:

Person: Got any hobbies?

Me: I like music, reading and video games.

Person: Video games? Oh man, they are lame! What a waste of time. You a kid or something?

Me: ...Fine, what do you do with your free time?

Person: I love to go to the internet and browse Face Book.

Me: -___- Kay.

True story.
---
Why do you play games you don't enjoy? Are you a masochist?
http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff514/Skull182-2/FutureofDLC.jpg
#24mkfreddddiPosted 12/7/2012 6:32:36 AM
lol what kind of people do you talk to? everyone i know love all gaming companies. and others i meet get excited for nintendo games along with m rated games. well now im 20, better start hating everything from when i was younger since i care so much that i let peoples opinions decide what games ill start playing from now on /sarcasm
---
PROUD supporter of NINTENDO, microsoft, and sony
--PSN: UNTAIM3D_3MP3RR, Live: UNTAIM3D 3MP3RR WiiU: UNTAIM3D_3MP3RR
#25MasterZhulPosted 12/7/2012 6:37:28 AM
I'll still be playing nintendo in a nursing home if I live that long.
#26SS4_NamreppivPosted 12/7/2012 6:39:10 AM
Basic meaning of this topic: As long as you personally enjoy playing Nintendo titles, or games from any company, then it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. You are not them, they are not you. SO, stop worrying what others think and just have fun.
---
"I tried one of your dishes once. I truly believed a part of my soul died."~Dunban
#27BluntGruntPosted 12/7/2012 6:41:22 AM
Yeah, you need major help. 24 and still caring about what people think of you? Oh please. Nobody does that. Go see your shrink right now.
---
?????
#28LightnessZeroPosted 12/7/2012 6:41:51 AM
Hm? because you play games you need help? you would need help if playing games were the only thing you do in life (given some exceptions). I am 23 and play something at least a few times per week, and also am pursuing a Engineer degree. I also have many friends who are also in the same boat as me (many are much older). I also have girlfriend, go out often to drink with friends, lift weights in the gym etc. So, playing games doesnt mean you are some kind of social freak. I ask myself when people will learn that.
---
Gamefaqs spellchecker doesn't recognize the word Gamefaqs!
#29DiaperDandeePosted 12/7/2012 6:42:10 AM
For better or worse (probably worse lol), people in their 20s and 30s now are the ones that grew up with videogames and videogames will continue to be used by older and older people in the future. Games are as big as ever now and people are sticking with them.
---
Playing (PS3/360): Halo 4, Borderlands 2 (PS3)
#30goemon1977Posted 12/7/2012 6:45:27 AM
Like some of the others here I just turned 35, bought my Wii U with my wife and 7 year old daughter at the store...didn't even cross my mind that it was childish. I try to engage myself in all aspects of gaming regardless of a games rating or the system it's on. My wife thinks it's great that I can go from dicing people up in Devil May Cry, the go play some Street Fighter, then roll over to Yoshi's Story. It's the diversity and the open mind that allows us to enjoy these things.

A sense of whimsy is a dying thing in this day and age, there are few who have it, and those that do are afraid to show it. When I was about 5 my mother used to read me all the Tolkien books, I was the only kid in the class who knew about the world of fantasy, that trolls turned to stone in sunlight, I felt awesome, and unique. Sure I got picked on but look at how popular all that stuff is now, same for Marvel comics. Don't abandon the whimsical things in life, lest you become a mindless robot.
---
Wii U ID goemon12677