"Existing Nintendo Network ID" Question

#1Renaissance2KPosted 12/7/2012 8:02:10 AM
I hear a lot of people saying that Nintendo Network ID accounts are locked to the console on which they were created.

If this is the case, what happens if you select the "Existing Nintendo Network ID" option when adding a user to a new console?
#2selfdeztructionPosted 12/7/2012 8:57:12 AM
It just means that you cant use your id and access dd content on another wiiU because it ties your purchases to your wiiU and it can only be tied to one wiiU at a time.
---
XBL / PSN (PS3 & vita) / Wii-U / Skype - selfdeztruction
Wii FC (HaVoK) 6605 3315 8599 4345 3DS XL FC(HaVoK) 3780 9281 5652 I'm no fanboy,I'm a dirty whore
#3hrodwulfPosted 12/7/2012 9:28:15 AM
I was also wondering this TC. I recall reading somewhere that Iwata said that, for now, your Nintendo Network ID can only be used on one console, but that the idea was to remove this restriction in the future. It does seem weird to have that current option of 'Existing Nintendo Network ID' when it currently isn't possible to have an ID work on two different consoles.

Maybe it makes sort of sense if for whatever reason you delete your Mii and want to create a new one with the Network ID attached to it? I don't know...
#4Renaissance2K(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 9:57:52 AM
I can understand removing the restriction in the future. Xbox 360 digital purchases were tied to the console as well at launch, but they added the ability to transfer the licenses a few years in.

Here's my situation...

I'm considering giving my little sister a Wii U for Christmas. She's already created an account on my personal Wii U; no purchases, obviously. Can she restore that account that she created on her new Wii U if I buy her one?
#5P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 12/7/2012 10:04:06 AM
Renaissance2K posted...
I can understand removing the restriction in the future. Xbox 360 digital purchases were tied to the console as well at launch, but they added the ability to transfer the licenses a few years in.

Here's my situation...

I'm considering giving my little sister a Wii U for Christmas. She's already created an account on my personal Wii U; no purchases, obviously. Can she restore that account that she created on her new Wii U if I buy her one?

You'll have to ask Nintendo how to do it but it has been reported that you can transfer your account to a new Wii U. You may have to send it in so that Nintendo could remove it from the old console though, I'm not sure.

http://www.cubed3.com/news/17580/1/nintendo-network-can-move-to-repaired-wii-u.html
---
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Samurai Warriors 3DS
http://youtu.be/X21mJh6j9i4