Nintendo block 18+ rated content from being viewed/bought at certain times

#151FlarethPosted 12/7/2012 5:19:20 PM
Just move the servers if that's the case... goddammit
---
You sure are a keen observer of the obvious, kupo!
-Montblanc/FFTA
#152MelkacPosted 12/7/2012 5:25:30 PM
mcsmellington posted...
I should have specified NoE, sorry. Either way, it's a completely ridiculous policy. Nintendo's online plan always seems to be take 1 step forward, 2 steps back.

I'm pretty sure selling 16/18 games to minors is illegal...

I think Nintendo's just trying to prevent problems with whoever...ugh, I dunno, I'm so sleepy right now.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43C2aBKMqeA
#153Sailor GoonPosted 12/7/2012 5:32:24 PM
Melkac posted...
mcsmellington posted...
I should have specified NoE, sorry. Either way, it's a completely ridiculous policy. Nintendo's online plan always seems to be take 1 step forward, 2 steps back.

I think Nintendo's just trying to prevent problems with whoever...ugh, I dunno, I'm so sleepy right now.

selling mature games to minors is not illegal, there are no laws for that. The ESRB is simply a guideline system
---
As told to me by Gamefaqs admin: They hire 17 year olds as moderators!
XBL: DanGogh78, PSN: DanGogh
#154BikeaLossPosted 12/7/2012 5:45:30 PM
Sailor Goon posted...
Melkac posted...
mcsmellington posted...

selling mature games to minors is not illegal, there are no laws for that. The ESRB is simply a guideline system

It may be in europe, if it contains nudity for example.
#155FIareXB00tlesPosted 12/7/2012 5:54:59 PM
Actually, while the ESRB is a guideline, in some countries such as the UK itself, they are bringing in age guidelines enforced by law. Here in the UK, the BBFC are enforcing the age ratings now.
#156UniversquallPosted 12/7/2012 6:02:26 PM
Nintendo should offer full refunds from their own pockets if this bs is true.
---
NP: (PS2) Suikoden III (PS3) PSABR (Vita) PSABR (PC) Gothic (Wii U) Xenoblade (360) Nothing lately
#157UltimaSora91Posted 12/7/2012 6:07:43 PM
Sailor Goon posted...
Melkac posted...
mcsmellington posted...

Gamestop has signs in the stores saying it's illegal...
---
On July 29th, 2012 at 1:56 am, almost two years after the launch of BBS, I defeated Mysterious Figure with Terra!
3DS: 4768-7461-8649
#158RhodechillPosted 12/7/2012 6:28:06 PM
At what times are they blocked, specifically?
---
Currently trying to tackle Miyazaki's films as well as the IMDb top 250.
#159UniversquallPosted 12/7/2012 6:29:14 PM
Rhodechill posted...
At what times are they blocked, specifically?

You can only get non Toddler things between 11pm and 3am apparently. You know how those kids do love to be around at 3:01am
---
NP: (PS2) Suikoden III (PS3) PSABR (Vita) PSABR (PC) Gothic (Wii U) Xenoblade (360) Nothing lately
#160HackPosted 12/7/2012 6:57:07 PM
Hahahaha! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
---
Fay's proud *****
I guess you can say Drew didn't really draw enough heat to get himself arrested. >_> - Too_Cool_Rick