Nintendo block 18+ rated content from being viewed/bought at certain times

#171AJ2412Posted 12/8/2012 1:05:25 AM
Seriously, who the hell thinks AC3 and ZombieU are 18+ games? Not even The Witcher series, which have nudity and implicit sex and are much more violent than 90% games I've seen I consider 18+. Unless it involves high-profile crimes such as murder of innocents, rape, torture, terrorism, etc, it shouldn't be adult only.

PEGI's 18+ is equivalent to ESRB's M, iirc.
---
"The people who hate on Vuvuzela's are the ones who cant play them." -EvilmetalUK
http://i.imgur.com/7iLBp.png By QTx314159 .
#172NESHeroPosted 12/8/2012 1:52:00 AM
Will this effect, NoA? (Nintendo of Australia)
---
Uh, this is a wrestling match, not a mutual admiration society! - Jim Ross (WWF War zone N64 -1998)
#173zombiexdeathxPosted 12/8/2012 1:53:05 AM
This i just stupid

Then again how much 18 rated stuff is really going to be on the eshop of a nintendo console in the first place

Not saying this isnt a very silly idea but tbh it wont really effect all that much content i dont think .. Most of the eshop stuff will be nintendo classics and some nodoubt wonderful quirky indie titles
---
I AM ABOMINATION
#174noutBrPosted 12/8/2012 2:03:31 AM
zombiexdeathx posted...
This i just stupid

Then again how much 18 rated stuff is really going to be on the eshop of a nintendo console in the first place

Not saying this isnt a very silly idea but tbh it wont really effect all that much content i dont think .. Most of the eshop stuff will be nintendo classics and some nodoubt wonderful quirky indie titles

Are you joking? EVERY retail game will be on the eShop eventually so right now CoD, ZombiU, ACIII and some other games can only be bought (or even browsed/viewed) for just 4 hours a day. not to mention that most working adults (like me) are already in bed by 11pm because they have to get up early in the morning.

I can imagine Publishers and Developers being really upset about this and I hope this won't last long.
---
m e g a m a n f o r e v e r
#175Jackie_GleasonPosted 12/8/2012 2:13:47 AM
ikaruga0101 posted...
Saw todays Gamefaqs pool and decided to visit the WiiU board for the first time to check on this issue.

Seriously, who the hell thinks AC3 and ZombieU are 18+ games? Not even The Witcher series, which have nudity and implicit sex and are much more violent than 90% games I've seen I consider 18+. Unless it involves high-profile crimes such as murder of innocents, rape, torture, terrorism, etc, it shouldn't be adult only.

Well at least they are being consistent. If they're going to censor female nipples, they might as well censor violence too. Should censor mario and pokemon too, as they display violence against animals.

That's missing the point completely.

I'm fine with different thresholds as to what kids can access, but giving adults a 4 hour window to use the store? Utterly ludicrous.
#176poo111111111111Posted 12/8/2012 2:15:38 AM
So apparently if you have the Parental Controls applied to 'Let me do what I want' none of this 18+ applies anyways. Only if you don't have them set at all.
#177Jackie_GleasonPosted 12/8/2012 2:52:18 AM
poo111111111111 posted...
So apparently if you have the Parental Controls applied to 'Let me do what I want' none of this 18+ applies anyways. Only if you don't have them set at all.

Really? The original links seem to argue the exact opposite to be true.
#178hustlin_pimpstePosted 12/8/2012 2:53:33 AM

Is that true for Euro Wii U owners? If so then this has really been overblown if you only need to change a setting to make it moot. Anyone confirm?
---
Make adorable new, demon friends ... grr snarl
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/672441-shin-megami-tensei-iv/64267041 Don't worry .. it's Official!
#179poo111111111111Posted 12/8/2012 2:53:57 AM
You mean the Eurogamer one on the first page? The one that states:

"You cannot view this content," a message reads. "The times during which this content can be viewed have been restricted."

There messages appear for user accounts on which no parental controls have been set.
#180Jackie_GleasonPosted 12/8/2012 3:00:45 AM
You mean the Eurogamer one on the first page? The one that states:

"You cannot view this content," a message reads. "The times during which this content can be viewed have been restricted."

There messages appear for user accounts on which no parental controls have been set.

No, I'm looking at Eurogamer's source, the thread on NeoGaf. People there, as well as on Twitter seem to have this issue no matter what the parental settings are.

Any euro wii u owners that can clarify?