Nintendo block 18+ rated content from being viewed/bought at certain times

#221Jackie_GleasonPosted 12/10/2012 5:26:40 AM
poo111111111111 posted...
I am a Euro Wii U user. Couldn't get onto it. Set up parental controls and can access it now.

Now that NoE have confirmed that they are applying a Europe-wide curfew on DD, care to elaborate how you, single handedly bypassed it?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-12-10-nintendo-explains-crazy-wii-u-eshop-restrictions
#222mcsmellington(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2012 5:30:33 AM
I think if you go through Parental Controls and set it to 'allow everything', it gives you access at any time.
---
GT: McPoo
PSN/NNID: McSmellington
#223Jackie_GleasonPosted 12/10/2012 5:40:23 AM
mcsmellington posted...
I think if you go through Parental Controls and set it to 'allow everything', it gives you access at any time.

What?

The whole drama is because the absolute opposite is true, as now proven by NoE. Did you even read the link?

poo111111111111 was the only one that argued it not to be the case.

Is poo111111111111 your sock puppet or something, or do you both just happen to have an unhealthy obsession with poo?

McPoo, McSmellington, poo111111111111...
#224mcsmellington(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2012 5:43:18 AM
Jackie_Gleason posted...
mcsmellington posted...

What?

The whole drama is because the absolute opposite is true, as now proven by NoE. Did you even read the link?

poo111111111111 was the only one that argued it not to be the case.

Is poo111111111111 your sock puppet or something, or do you both just happen to have an unhealthy obsession with poo?

McPoo, McSmellington, poo111111111111...

Ohh ok, sorry. The last I remember hearing about it was someone saying you could go through Parental Controls to allow everything. I've not had a play around with the setting to be honest.
---
GT: McPoo
PSN/NNID: McSmellington
#225GigaVoltsPosted 12/10/2012 5:45:23 AM
Eoin posted...
Rai_Jin posted...
But the German PlayStation Store at least isn't restricted, could this be because the PSN cards are 18+ anyway?

Yes (and some content doesn't appear in the German PlayStation Store at all, and occasionally some Plus content needs to be changed for Germany, and one of the Welcome Back games for Germany was different.

The PlayStation Store does operate under some restrictions in Germany, it's just that those restrictions don't affect other countries.

That is because the server is in another country.
---
The NEW GigaVolts Seal of Approval.
http://i.imgur.com/KH8u3.png
#226FlarethPosted 12/10/2012 11:54:39 AM
I wonder, are you actually blocked from purchasing or is it only viewing detailed info and videos? Because the latter I could deal with. I noticed that I could still find games like ZombiU on the shop but I didn't try purchasing (well, I already own it =P). I'm probably gonna try it tonight.
---
You sure are a keen observer of the obvious, kupo!
-Montblanc/FFTA
#227EoinPosted 12/10/2012 12:55:08 PM
Flareth posted...
I wonder, are you actually blocked from purchasing or is it only viewing detailed info and videos? Because the latter I could deal with. I noticed that I could still find games like ZombiU on the shop but I didn't try purchasing (well, I already own it =P). I'm probably gonna try it tonight.

The games are still visible where they would normally appear. However, unless it is currently between the Magical Hours, you cannot get detailed info on the game, view any screenshots or video about the game, or purchase it.
#228FlarethPosted 12/10/2012 1:24:57 PM
Yeah, I just tried purchasing ZombiU and it's not possible. Goddamn bull****. This can only be bad for Nintendo. It's very anti consumer and anti developer. If I've bought stuff from the eshop with a credit card they can assume I'm 18.
---
You sure are a keen observer of the obvious, kupo!
-Montblanc/FFTA