Your retail Mario U worth $40. This is why digital downloading SUCKS.

#11digiblasterPosted 12/7/2012 11:39:11 AM
I like keeping my games. The only games I sell now are the really disappointing ones. I made the mistake of selling Tales of Symphonia a few years ago - I'd thoroughly played it, beating it 7-8 times, and I thought I'd never play it again. Within 6 months I regretted it. So I keep everything I buy now.
#12mmarksterPosted 12/7/2012 11:39:44 AM
So you beat the main game 100% (or 103% IDK I didn't beat the game) and Golded all the Challenges and beat Boost Rush Mode?
---
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 1032 - 1243 - 4711 Name/NNID/XBLGT/PSNID: mmarkster
#13BufkusPosted 12/7/2012 11:39:54 AM
Pathetic.

Trading in games is a non factor. Most of us want to be able to replay Mario in the future or whenever we want. We're not poor little kids with an allowance who need to sell their old games to keep buying new ones.

Digital distribution is the future. It was the future even before Nintendo started emphasizing the eShop. Steam, PSN, Xbox Live, Origin, these are all great services to download games from and only a pansy would cry about hypotheticals that will never ever come to pass.
#14Garfield64Posted 12/7/2012 11:42:50 AM
iloveheavyrain posted...
At this point, many of you have throughly beaten Mario U, a very good game. I have.

Because of the magic of trading/ebay selling, I can now take my game to Gamestop and get for the next 2 weeks, $40 in trade in value:

http://www.poweruprewards.com/PUR/Index/TradeValues?var=LpsbSM+VdYcjLTuhOYUwyA==

Making the net purchase only $20.

Or I can keep the game and be out $60.

Even look at the over year old Mario Kart 3ds. $25 trade value. When the game has been on sale for as little as $30.

Thanks for watching another Edition of "Why Digital Downloading Sucks!" Mainly for high priced digital being released at same cost as retail (that many times you can get on sale. I bought my Mario U for $45 average, with Toys R Us Buy 1, get 2nd at 50% off! That crap don't play on digital download)

OR you could of got a free trial to GameFly. (which you can get infinite of using visa gift cards with registered address to a PO Box)

So you wasted $20? WOW embarrassing for you.
---
WARNING: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382
Is a very well known Troll, please do not fall for their shenanigans!
#15AkaimizuPosted 12/7/2012 11:43:31 AM(edited)
Hard to say. The console market is a bit slow to go all Digital. I think there's too much money still being made in the Physical market for it to go anytime soon.

The main place Digital downloads have taken over (or established itself as the norm) is the Mobile and the PC markets. For the PC, Steam and other download channels practically took over. Many stores are hardly even bothering with keeping much on PC inventory anymore.
---
"because 'Clerks' is NINJA in itself." - Ninja Mask lessons by Vern Reid (http://houseofninja.com/tutorial.php)
#16evecharmevePosted 12/7/2012 11:43:14 AM
If I don't have a box and a disc sitting on the shelve is cheapens owning the game.

Ya I have a download of castlevaina SOTN and probably would play the digital instead of hooking up the ps1, but I care more about that then any of the downloads.
---
One and only person to ever finish Tank! Tank! Tank!
50 hours wasted.
#17JoeSkeletorPosted 12/7/2012 11:50:17 AM
I cant wait to see the future everyone wants to buy online whats the world gonna be like with no product? no stores to go to? No jobs to have we are killing ourselves for a dollar im no better im doing it to but just imagine how bad the world is gonna be just to save a dollar lol we are pathetic.
---
It puts the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again.
#18Xeeh_BitzPosted 12/7/2012 11:52:43 AM(edited)
mmarkster posted...
Or, you can keep the game that is worth $59.99 AND get $5 in Nintendo eShop credit.

If your Wii U breaks and has to be replaced, you're out of $59.99 + a game
---
To be fair, the bible has more plot holes than ME3. I wouldn't be listening either - Pies12
#19mmarksterPosted 12/7/2012 11:53:09 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
mmarkster posted...
Or, you can keep the game that is worth $59.99 AND get $5 in Nintendo eShop credit.

If your Wii U breaks and has to be replaced, you're out of the game.

and then you're out of $59.99 + a game

What if your Wii U breaks with the disc still inside it?
---
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 1032 - 1243 - 4711 Name/NNID/XBLGT/PSNID: mmarkster
#20dominatinggamerPosted 12/7/2012 11:55:21 AM
iloveheavyrain posted...
At this point, many of you have throughly beaten Mario U, a very good game. I have.

Because of the magic of trading/ebay selling, I can now take my game to Gamestop and get for the next 2 weeks, $40 in trade in value:

http://www.poweruprewards.com/PUR/Index/TradeValues?var=LpsbSM+VdYcjLTuhOYUwyA==

Making the net purchase only $20.

Or I can keep the game and be out $60.

Even look at the over year old Mario Kart 3ds. $25 trade value. When the game has been on sale for as little as $30.

Thanks for watching another Edition of "Why Digital Downloading Sucks!" Mainly for high priced digital being released at same cost as retail (that many times you can get on sale. I bought my Mario U for $45 average, with Toys R Us Buy 1, get 2nd at 50% off! That crap don't play on digital download)

I agree. I'm not too in love with the game at this point and love that I can sell it if I'd like. Plus I got mine for "free" from Old Navy so yay!

I would buy some digital games. Mainly games that are cheap ($20 or less). I have a very hard time paying $60 for a digital version of a game regardless of the system.
---
With friends like you, who needs enemies?