Your retail Mario U worth $40. This is why digital downloading SUCKS.

#31_FalstaffPosted 12/7/2012 12:14:59 PM
Currently, I only buy retail copies of games that are either not available for purchase online or for games that I'm really excited for. I keep every game I own anyway, so it's not like it matters all that much which form I buy. To me, selling a game or console is like selling a book.
---
9 days to go, and I'm out of here.
#32Xeeh_BitzPosted 12/7/2012 12:16:28 PM
_Falstaff posted...
Currently, I only buy retail copies of games that are either not available for purchase online or for games that I'm really excited for. I keep every game I own anyway, so it's not like it matters all that much which form I buy. To me, selling a game or console is like selling a book.

Guess you're not married because when that happens, it's either off to the trash or in the garage where you'll never see them again, at least from my experience with friends, etc
---
To be fair, the bible has more plot holes than ME3. I wouldn't be listening either - Pies12
#33UiruPosted 12/7/2012 12:24:55 PM
Your friends suck at picking wives then. The only friend who sold games when he got married did it because they had so many duplicates. My wife plays my games too.

I don't like selling games, so digital makes a lot of sense for me. If you burn through games that fast and get a charge out of bragging about how smart you are you should look into renting or Gamefly.
---
~Uiru
#34Xeeh_BitzPosted 12/7/2012 12:34:57 PM
Uiru posted...
Your friends suck at picking wives then. The only friend who sold games when he got married did it because they had so many duplicates. My wife plays my games too.

I don't like selling games, so digital makes a lot of sense for me. If you burn through games that fast and get a charge out of bragging about how smart you are you should look into renting or Gamefly.
---
~Uiru

I personally find it pointless to keep all these consoles around when now a days they release consoles that can run multiple generations of games on one system

One console plays SNES, NES and Gensis games, that removes the need for 2 other consoles taking up space
---
To be fair, the bible has more plot holes than ME3. I wouldn't be listening either - Pies12
#35iloveheavyrain(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 12:36:27 PM
Yes. Gamefly is also a good option. A MUCH better option than digital downloads.

You can "keep" your games. Or, you can get in max trade or ebay value (now selling for $55 on Ebay), then you can buy the game again next year at a lower price.

Or, you can sit with your $60 digital brick on your system.

your choice!
---
ZombiU is Game of the Year 2012
#36DiscostewSMPosted 12/7/2012 12:36:52 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
mmarkster posted...
Or, you can keep the game that is worth $59.99 AND get $5 in Nintendo eShop credit.

If your Wii U breaks and has to be replaced, you're out of $59.99 + a game

If you die, you're out of a life.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#37Xeeh_BitzPosted 12/7/2012 12:37:50 PM
DiscostewSM posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
mmarkster posted...
Or, you can keep the game that is worth $59.99 AND get $5 in Nintendo eShop credit.

If your Wii U breaks and has to be replaced, you're out of $59.99 + a game

If you die, you're out of a life.

but you don't have to worry about getting a replacement game at that point
---
#38DemonDog666Posted 12/7/2012 12:38:14 PM
James Mason posted...
Why don't you rent the game instead if you don't intent on keeping it ?
#39Xeeh_BitzPosted 12/7/2012 12:39:28 PM
I do digital downloads on the PC, Steam FTW. Prices is the main reason, pick up a $60 console game ported to PC on Steam for like $20, if your computer crashes. No big deal, download Steam on another computer and download your game, no hassle of getting IDs switched over, etc, etc

and it's far cheaper than retail most of the time to buy digital for PC, but for consoles the cons out weighs the pros in that situation.
---
#40NiftyManZPosted 12/7/2012 12:42:31 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Uiru posted...

---
~Uiru

I personally find it pointless to keep all these consoles around when now a days they release consoles that can run multiple generations of games on one system

One console plays SNES, NES and Gensis games, that removes the need for 2 other consoles taking up space

I keep All of my games and consoles. I collect them, and play them regularly. My nes, original gb, gba, etc etc all get used and are in display. Thy are good conversation starters too. But to each his own.
---
BREAK IT DOWN KIRBY!! (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^) (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^)