I am now a proud owner of a Wii U.

#11GQVikesFan(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 11:20:51 AM
DQAbel posted...
GQVikesFan posted...
DQAbel posted...
had it since midnight day one.

the gamepad is so awesome. using it now to post this. my gf can play miinecraft on the tv while i play ac3, darksiders two, tekken or mario on the gamepad. then i jump online check gamefaqs when i get stuck or watch a video review. then with the press of a button back to playing my game.

i guess if you have a high end pc a ps3 xbox ipad and vita this might not be that exciting. but it works for my lifestyle. i can lay in bed while she sleeps and play my games with headphones on without lighting up the whole room from the tv.

loving it. almost all my free time i have the gamepad in hand. love it.

oh mii verse is also so much fun.

I didnt get a chance to mess around with it a lot last night. After the update was done it was around midnight, plus my gamepad ran out of juice. I cant wait to get home tonight and play some games on it.

sometimes i take the power cord with me in the living room. but if im close enough to the console i have it plugged in. i have only seen the red light once.

when i got it home for the first time i let the gamepad charge for two and a half hours. then updated. i didnt get to mess around until about 630 in the morning. i have not even opened nintendo land yet. i traded my ac3 on xbox and got it on this just so i could play on the gamepad. i got back to the point i was at on the xbox and started playing darksiders. i work lots of hours this time of year so i am only 14 hours in.
my gf thinks i am obsessed with wii u havent needed the laptop for online.

i just yesterday transfered all my wii stuff over its a little bit of a pain but now its done and i can finally play smash bros and xinoblade because my wii stopped playing those discs.

dont let anyone fool you. if you are not rich and dont have every electronic device then this thing is well worth the price.

rant over.

Thank you for the advice. Since you brought it up, how do I transfer all my Wii content to the Wii U? Do I need to buy a separate adapter for it?
#12AkaimizuPosted 12/7/2012 11:42:22 AM
Gamepad advice. And this will help greatly in the lastability department. Turn the Pad Brightness down to 2 and turn on the Battery Save feature in the Gamepad options. It makes quite a difference. You want to get in the habit of placing the pad down in the charger when not in use; though those settings will definitely save a lot of juice for those times you put it down and don't.
---
"because 'Clerks' is NINJA in itself." - Ninja Mask lessons by Vern Reid (http://houseofninja.com/tutorial.php)
#13Guesswhofoo2Posted 12/7/2012 12:39:35 PM
GQVikesFan posted...
I called Best Buy yesterday morning and asked if by some chance they had a deluxe Wii U in stock. To my surprise they had one left and they held it for me until I got off later that night. I picked up the system last night, set it up, and performed the system update which took roughly about an hour. Now, I am sitting here at work thinking of what game I will buy tonight after I get off..

Congrats.

You should get ZombiU. It is a great game.

If you like Mario that is another good choice.

Games like Scribblenauts, and non exclusives like Black Ops 2, Assassins Creed 3, and Sonic Racing are some other good choices.
#14DQAbelPosted 12/7/2012 12:40:00 PM
GQVikesFan posted...
DQAbel posted...
GQVikesFan posted...
DQAbel posted...
had it since midnight day one.

the gamepad is so awesome. using it now to post this. my gf can play miinecraft on the tv while i play ac3, darksiders two, tekken or mario on the gamepad. then i jump online check gamefaqs when i get stuck or watch a video review. then with the press of a button back to playing my game.

i guess if you have a high end pc a ps3 xbox ipad and vita this might not be that exciting. but it works for my lifestyle. i can lay in bed while she sleeps and play my games with headphones on without lighting up the whole room from the tv.

loving it. almost all my free time i have the gamepad in hand. love it.

oh mii verse is also so much fun.

I didnt get a chance to mess around with it a lot last night. After the update was done it was around midnight, plus my gamepad ran out of juice. I cant wait to get home tonight and play some games on it.

sometimes i take the power cord with me in the living room. but if im close enough to the console i have it plugged in. i have only seen the red light once.

when i got it home for the first time i let the gamepad charge for two and a half hours. then updated. i didnt get to mess around until about 630 in the morning. i have not even opened nintendo land yet. i traded my ac3 on xbox and got it on this just so i could play on the gamepad. i got back to the point i was at on the xbox and started playing darksiders. i work lots of hours this time of year so i am only 14 hours in.
my gf thinks i am obsessed with wii u havent needed the laptop for online.

i just yesterday transfered all my wii stuff over its a little bit of a pain but now its done and i can finally play smash bros and xinoblade because my wii stopped playing those discs.

dont let anyone fool you. if you are not rich and dont have every electronic device then this thing is well worth the price.

rant over.

Thank you for the advice. Since you brought it up, how do I transfer all my Wii content to the Wii U? Do I need to buy a separate adapter for it?

you need to have the wii and wii u on at the same time internet connectionon and sd card. on wii u go to the wii channel run the tranfer app with sd in the wii u. then change to the wii download the transfer app from eshop channels. put sd card in wii run app. once downloaded go back to wii u and put the sd card in. your data will be transfered. you may have to reset your internet connection and redownload some games to wii u.
---
Dont buy unfinished games. wait for GOTY editions or super versions.