Anyone who pays full RRP for NSMBU should be ashamed...

#21pikachupwnagePosted 12/7/2012 12:35:40 PM
Disagree strongly.
---
"Grab life by the horns and shake it till it moos "
Official electric boogaloo mint scoop with a cherry on top of the IDF
#221shadetail1Posted 12/7/2012 12:37:09 PM
Baha05 posted...
Rasputin77 posted...
I know. We should all be obedient consumers to swallow whatever's given to us, and not voice opinions on boards dedicated to the products we purchase, right? -_-

Big difference in complaining about price and complaining about price and saying others should feel ashamed for spending their money on something they enjoy.

Don't pay attention to Rasputin. He's the one who tries to silence people around here, what with his obnoxious concern trolling.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#23pikachupwnagePosted 12/7/2012 12:37:40 PM
STE573 posted...
arvilino posted...
STE573 posted...
I've had it 4 days... Don't care what anyone says, it's not worth £50 quid!

That's because you can get it new for £40 if you bought it from Grainger Games instead.

£50 at Game... I paid £10 off a friend after he was done with it.

You know what, yes guys, I am whining, not because this game isn't worth £50 but because Nintendo have justified it internally that it is worth £50, which it isn't.

It has over 80 levels, multiplayer, a signifigant challenge mode and Also boost rush and coin battle.

It has the most content out of any 2D mario.
---
"Grab life by the horns and shake it till it moos "
Official electric boogaloo mint scoop with a cherry on top of the IDF
#24mhunterchumpPosted 12/7/2012 12:40:50 PM(edited)
STE573 posted...
mhunterchump posted...
STE573 posted...
arvilino posted...
STE573 posted...

That's because you can get it new for £40 if you bought it from Grainger Games instead.

You know what, yes guys, I am whining, not because this game isn't worth £50 but because Nintendo have justified it internally that it is worth £50, which it isn't.

One mans trash is another mans treasure.

Out of curiosity, give me 5 games that you think are worth the RRP on launch day. I just want to see what your taste in games is.

From last gen (none really this gen so far); Red Dead Redemption, almost any Monster Hunter, any Pokémon game, Borderlands 1 or 2, the Orange Box, Minecraft, Little Big Planet, Xenoblade, any Disgaea game, Forza 4, any main Halo, the newest Mortal Kombat and many more.

Fair enough. And let me state that I don't disagree with you because I don't think many games are worth $50-$60, even some good ones.

But I did notice that not one platformer is on your list of "worthy" games. That might have something to do with it. To me, SMBWU is a top 5 platformer but I understand where you're coming from.

Personally, Monster Hunter games are the only games of recent times that are worth way more than the RRP.

EDIT: I just noticed you do have LBP on your list, another great platformer.

---
PSN/Xbox: mhunterchump ------- Wii U: mhunterARK
twitter.com/MhunterCHUMP youtube.com/mhunterchump
#25BeatItUpRightPosted 12/7/2012 12:41:59 PM
STE573 posted...

Of course its not, its literally a quick and nasty game made for a launch of a console to say they have a Mario game on it.

Surely you knew this was going to be the case however.
---
Intel Pentium Pro @155mhz - 2MB 3dfx Voodoo Graphics - 4x 16MB SIMM ram - 32k Modem - Windows 98
#26aether17Posted 12/7/2012 12:42:13 PM
I actually think many games out there aren't worth the full $60, and I guess that inludes NSMBU, but i'm not ashamed of it. ;)
#27STE573(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 12:42:40 PM
pikachupwnage posted...
STE573 posted...
arvilino posted...
STE573 posted...

It has over 80 levels, multiplayer, a signifigant challenge mode and Also boost rush and coin battle.

It has the most content out of any 2D mario.

Not talking about the level of content necessarily, it's the game as a package, it just doesn't cut it for me as a full price game. And I would have been rather miffed had I spent £50 on it.
---
Im British!
GT- x STE 90 x, psn ID- X-STE-90-X Currently playing- Far Cry 2 (360), Kingdoms of Amalur (360), Pokemon Red (GBA), Pokemon Blue (GBA)
#28AkaimizuPosted 12/7/2012 12:44:56 PM(edited)
To each their own. I find that it offers a lot of value for the money. I know I'll personally get a lot of play out of it. To feel ashamed is a matter of opinion.

---
"because 'Clerks' is NINJA in itself." - Ninja Mask lessons by Vern Reid (http://houseofninja.com/tutorial.php)
#29DeathSoul2000Posted 12/7/2012 12:45:56 PM
lucky i didn't pay £50 - i paid £42.
#30STE573(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 12:47:30 PM
mhunterchump posted...

Fair enough. And let me state that I don't disagree with you because I don't think many games are worth $50-$60, even some good ones.

But I did notice that not one platformer is on your list of "worthy" games. That might have something to do with it. To me, SMBWU is a top 5 platformer but I understand where you're coming from.

Personally, Monster Hunter games are the only games of recent times that are worth way more than the RRP.

EDIT: I just noticed you do have LBP on your list, another great platformer.

I do think Super Meat Boy and Braid are worthy platformers for the list, but to be fair, at £10 you'd have to be mental to deny they aren't worth RRP.
---
Im British!
GT- x STE 90 x, psn ID- X-STE-90-X Currently playing- Far Cry 2 (360), Kingdoms of Amalur (360), Pokemon Red (GBA), Pokemon Blue (GBA)