My Little Pony as a platformer, anyone in?

#81DavCubePosted 12/8/2012 8:34:02 PM
sonicfanaticjtb posted...
DavCube posted...

This. It's been way too long since i've honestly enjoyed any episodic cartoon show.

Ever watched Avatar/Legend of Korra?

On topic: I haven't seen my little pony, but it's apparently a pretty decent cartoon... I can't see why there's so much hate for it...

Note i said an EPISODIC cartoon show, not a continuous narrative. (Though I may be butchering the term I hope you get what I'm talking about) I loved the crap out of ATLA, i haven't had the chance to see Korra yet and I really wish I could sit down and do so soon.

It's really not so much hate for the show as it is hate for the fanatics, which makes sense for any fandom, really. There's just the name recognition for MLP involved that sorta beefs it up a smidge, and makes it that much more interesting to wrap one's head around. As opposed to the prior shows even in its franchise (as far as i know), let alone its own KIND of show, that sort of talk down to its audience so that it only allows those demographics to really pay attention or get involved, it's something they put the time and effort to put the "family" back into family entertainment, AND THEN spent millions of dollars on the toys.
---
http://backloggery.com/davcube
#82P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 12/8/2012 8:37:17 PM
DrRM posted...

if you have seen dragon ball evolution you will get that feeling.

it was the same feeling I get :|

also I get pissed when they don't put the whole name because of the $@$# mutant smurf movie name.

so, maybe I was mad from the start and didn't fully appreciated it. maybe you will, maybe not.

but if you never try you will never know ;3

I haven't seen Dragon Ball evolution, either. Don't really want to... The previews made it look really dumb imo :/

At least Avatar looks kinda cool...

I have no interest in Avatar, be it the animated series or the movies. If you do plan on watching that Dragonball movie, do not go in expecting Dragonball. Nothing in the movie is the same with the exception being names.

For Example:
Goku is a High School Nerd
---
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Samurai Warriors 3DS
http://youtu.be/X21mJh6j9i4
#83silenthill4vidPosted 12/8/2012 8:44:01 PM
is this kotaku?
---
splinter cell: blacklist......the latest game series turned generic shooter.
#84BuretsuPosted 12/8/2012 8:54:11 PM
DrRM posted...

if you have seen dragon ball evolution you will get that feeling.

it was the same feeling I get :|

also I get pissed when they don't put the whole name because of the $@$# mutant smurf movie name.

so, maybe I was mad from the start and didn't fully appreciated it. maybe you will, maybe not.

but if you never try you will never know ;3

I haven't seen Dragon Ball evolution, either. Don't really want to... The previews made it look really dumb imo :/

At least Avatar looks kinda cool...

It looks kinda cool... but it's horrible. They try to shoehorn an entire 20 episode season in a single 103 minute movie, and it shows. It's written like M Night wrote the movie based on second-hand information from someone who's only heard of the show and never watched it. Major plot points are brought up and almost immediately dropped. Nobody can pronounce the word "Avatar" correctly, except Katara's grandmother right at the beginning of the movie; everyone else pronounces it Ahh-vatar. The actors seem to have a problem with the "hard A" sound, as Aang's name is similarly pronounced Ahh-ng.

The captive Earthbenders are unable to fight back, despite standing around on dirt and rocks. The backstory of Zuko's scar comes from Zuko pop-quizzing some random kid. Aang's avatar state at the end is just a giant wave. And the one that pissed me off the most:

Everybody's absolutely FLABBERGASTED that Uncle Iroh can... get this... MAKE FIRE APPEAR OUT OF THIN AIR.

Yeah... Nothing remotely good about that movie.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#85DemonDog666Posted 12/8/2012 8:56:31 PM(edited)
cavebear56 posted...
DemonDog666 posted...
lol better then a barbie dating sim I guess.

btw anyone know that rainbow dash could kill starscream?

Hahaha. Somebody else who has seen those videos? I loved the Yoshi versus Riptor.

Good times.

On topic...

Sure. I wouldn't purchase it as I have no interest in My Little Pony though I understand some do.

That is the single one I don't agree with lol, riptor did enough damage to kill yoshi like 3 times over and there was a convenient cliff in yoshis favor, yeah yoshi can eat anything but he can't take a hit.
#86kiba312Posted 12/8/2012 8:57:43 PM
plz no we don't want that show thats for 6 year-olds turn into something bigger
---
(-_-(-_-(0.o)-_-)-_-)
oh noes 0.o
#87VenomSymbiotePosted 12/8/2012 9:05:16 PM
Actually Kiba, it was made with the whole family in mind instead of just 6 year olds. You might wanna try that some time.
---
"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."
#88BuretsuPosted 12/8/2012 9:07:53 PM
VenomSymbiote posted...
Actually Kiba, it was made with the whole family in mind instead of just 6 year olds. You might wanna try that some time.

It was made primarily to entertain little kids while not making their parents stuck watching it with them want to scoop out their brains with a power drill.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#89sonicfanaticjtbPosted 12/8/2012 9:08:15 PM
DavCube posted...

Note i said an EPISODIC cartoon show, not a continuous narrative. (Though I may be butchering the term I hope you get what I'm talking about) I loved the crap out of ATLA, i haven't had the chance to see Korra yet and I really wish I could sit down and do so soon.

It's really not so much hate for the show as it is hate for the fanatics, which makes sense for any fandom, really. There's just the name recognition for MLP involved that sorta beefs it up a smidge, and makes it that much more interesting to wrap one's head around. As opposed to the prior shows even in its franchise (as far as i know), let alone its own KIND of show, that sort of talk down to its audience so that it only allows those demographics to really pay attention or get involved, it's something they put the time and effort to put the "family" back into family entertainment, AND THEN spent millions of dollars on the toys.

Good point, lol.

You need to watch Legend of Korra. It's pacing is a lot faster than Avatar and it's character development isn't quite as good as the original series, but it's action is much better, the main antagonist is better than Ozai by quite a bit (Though, not quite as good as Azula imo... I loved Azula. ) and it's just a really, really good cartoon... It has probably one of the most beautiful scenes to ever appear in a cartoon... It was just... God... So, so amazing!

P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...

I have no interest in Avatar, be it the animated series or the movies. If you do plan on watching that Dragonball movie, do not go in expecting Dragonball. Nothing in the movie is the same with the exception being names.

For Example:
Goku is a High School Nerd

Meh :/
---
Krystal and Phoenix Wright for Smash 4!
... Please, Sakurai?
#90VenomSymbiotePosted 12/8/2012 9:09:46 PM
You stated it better, but the fact still remains. You don't see people getting upset about Looney Tunes do you? They're for kids too. A good show is a good show, doesn't matter if it's a rabbit and a duck exploding, or a bunch of crayola donkey's.
---
"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."