Trying to understand the Wii-U hype

#1nurnbergPosted 12/7/2012 2:53:44 PM
There is like... nothing good released on the console so far. Also nothing good is coming out in the near-future. How can people be hyped for this?
---
Official Gamefaqs thread killer
#2DemonDog666Posted 12/7/2012 2:57:38 PM
It's Nintendo fans.

And before being too harsh on them realize they've just had the wii for the past 5 years.
#3JoeSkeletorPosted 12/7/2012 2:59:14 PM
Nsmbu is great and im not sure what game reviwers were playing when they played zombieU but its awesome sure its no cake walk like re6 but its true survival horror. Plus after seeing the new pikmin video i cant wait plus early next year i get to play monster hunter on the big screen.
---
It puts the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again.
#4nurnberg(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 3:00:06 PM
When is Zelda or Metroid coming out?
---
Official Gamefaqs thread killer
#5DiscostewSMPosted 12/7/2012 3:01:39 PM
nurnberg posted...

They'll come out when they come out. Rushing a game only makes it worse.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#6JoeSkeletorPosted 12/7/2012 3:04:39 PM
nurnberg posted...

You know the answer stop trolling i own a ps3 and had a 360 till recently it died on me. People buy nintendo consoles to play nintendo games just like i buy playstation for naughty dog games and god of war. Plus this new controller is sweet.
---
It puts the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again.
#7hypermoePosted 12/7/2012 3:19:31 PM
In a sense I can agree with TC. Usually with a lunch there is that one great game everyone in the community can consider great among the rest of the launch titles, and at least in my opinion there is none. Not saying the titles out now are bad just nothing worthwhile. All other consoles and handhelds had that one special launch title.

I'm not sure i would agree its fanboys more than anything. Claiming it's the perfect system denying any and all negative feedback. I guess I don't understand it either. I like my wiiu will continue to play and enjoy it, but at least know to some its not the greatest system of all time.
---
I walk alone in the universe as the last of The Time Lords!
#8AhnoldDoodPosted 12/7/2012 3:21:10 PM
nurnberg posted...
There is like... nothing good released on the console so far.

NSMBU, Nintendo Land, Trine 2, ZombiU, Scribblenauts Unlimited. That alone, can hold quite awhile.

But its not like what you say matters. You're just another one of those guys who only get a console for one or two games, yet will bash the hell out of it anyway.
#9LordBowserPosted 12/7/2012 3:22:32 PM
hypermoe posted...
In a sense I can agree with TC. Usually with a lunch there is that one great game everyone in the community can consider great among the rest of the launch titles, and at least in my opinion there is none. Not saying the titles out now are bad just nothing worthwhile. All other consoles and handhelds had that one special launch title.

I'm not sure i would agree its fanboys more than anything. Claiming it's the perfect system denying any and all negative feedback. I guess I don't understand it either. I like my wiiu will continue to play and enjoy it, but at least know to some its not the greatest system of all time.

I wish I got a great game with my lunch. Seriously though, this game had an amazing launch. A lot of those games were already released, but I don't see why that should matter. Who cares if Assassin's creed 3 came out a month ago or whatever? It's still a great game. Same with pretty much every single other game that came out.

Nintendo Land and NSMBU both are amazing games. The problem is that some people just don't like 2D side scrollers. You can't force people to like them. Personally, I thought it was amazing and well worth mentioning.

Pikmin 3 is around the corner, too, and it's going to be awesome. So what is there to complain about?
---
I am Lord Bowser, King of the Koopas! Bwahaha..
Playing Bowser on Mario Kart, and Noxus on Metroid Prime. I am not a cookie cutter!
#10darkjedilinkPosted 12/7/2012 3:23:49 PM
hypermoe posted...
Usually with a lunch...

I prefer a nice Turkey/Ham/Roast Beef with Cheddar cheese, mayo, lettuce and tomato, with some Frito's and a Coke, personally.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie