I'm thinking of buying a Wii U game, any suggestions?

#1LordBowserPosted 12/7/2012 3:10:54 PM(edited)
I am about to go down to Toys R Us to take advantage of their buy one, get one 50% off sale.

I already have NSMBU and Nintendo Land.

I am going to be buying ZombiU. I want to get a game with it since I can save a lot of money by doing so now.

So, my question is, what should I buy with it?

I've considered Call of Duty Black Ops 2, even though I am not big on FPS, my friends are, and I'd really like to have more online multiplayer games. This would be my first Call of Duty game ever, and it looks more fun than I originally thought.

I'm also considering the Sonic kart racing game. I am not huge on racing games, but I'd make an exception for kart racing (I always buy Mario Kart games), and I keep hearing about how great this game is.

I've vaguely considered Scribblenauts but I have never even considered trying the game before. That said, it looks promising and is one of the highest rated games available, and I'd be willing to buy it if it is really as amazing as I've heard it is.

That said, these are hardly the only two decent games. There are plenty more. I have pretty diverse tastes, and honestly I wouldn't mind a variety of decent games to play.

I want to buy games that I'll get a lot of use out of -- ideally ones with fun online multiplayer, or otherwise high replay value -- as I am considering getting Gamefly for games I'd likely play through once and put down.

So, can anyone offer me any advice or tips on what I should get? My problem isn't that there aren't any good games to get, but that there are too many to choose from!

PS: I am also buying a nunchuck, but I don't know of anything worth $20 or less worth getting to go along with it. If you have any suggestions here, please add them. 3DS or DS games/accessories are worth considering here.

PPS: Please don't suggest "just buy all of them" or something. I'm saving my money as Christmas is just around the corner, I don't want to buy more than two $60 games.
---
I am Lord Bowser, King of the Koopas! Bwahaha..
Playing Bowser on Mario Kart, and Noxus on Metroid Prime. I am not a cookie cutter!
#2PotatoHogPosted 12/7/2012 3:10:39 PM
Only Scribblenauts can have you riding a dragon while in a knight costume and using the dragon to fight Bowser. Get that.
---
Watching the Rams choke on the Packers Cobb reminds me that Sam "Bad"ford will never be on Godgers level.
#3staticxtreme5Posted 12/7/2012 3:20:48 PM
Black Ops 2 is fun for sure if you want to play online a lot. I havent played the others so I couldnt comment on them. AC3 is a good game too if you dont have it yet.
#4selfdeztructionPosted 12/7/2012 3:21:46 PM
Cabelas survival katmai is $19.99 and it comes with the best gun (also usable in blops 2 on wiiU) and being lowered to $9 with a nunchuck purchase is good.

Batman armored edition is also a great game.
---
XBL / PSN (PS3 & vita) / Wii-U / Skype - selfdeztruction
Wii FC (HaVoK) 6605 3315 8599 4345 3DS XL FC(HaVoK) 3780 9281 5652 I'm no fanboy,I'm a dirty whore
#5LordBowser(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 3:39:06 PM
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. If anyone has some more, please let me know.

I've also decided that I am most likely going to buy either SSB Brawl (as a gift for someone else, I already own it) or Kirby's Epic Yarn (for myself) with the nunchuck. This isn't set in stone persay -- if you have suggestions please still add them, but I am mostly looking for advice on which Wii U game to buy.

I'll probably leave to go down to Toys R Us in 2 hours once rush hour traffic eases up.
---
Playing Bowser on Mario Kart, and Noxus on Metroid Prime. I am not a cookie cutter!
#6selfdeztructionPosted 12/7/2012 3:48:25 PM
you could always buy the $24 flingsmash bundle If you need another motion+ controller.
---
XBL / PSN (PS3 & vita) / Wii-U / Skype - selfdeztruction
Wii FC (HaVoK) 6605 3315 8599 4345 3DS XL FC(HaVoK) 3780 9281 5652 I'm no fanboy,I'm a dirty whore
#7NettoSaitoPosted 12/7/2012 3:56:57 PM(edited)
You might like Ninja Gaiden 3, since its completely based on replayability, and it has an online mode.

The game is very challenging (unless you play on the easiest setting), and has an extremely deep combat system where your skill is your only limit. There's hundreds of combos, many different weapons to pick from, there will be 4 (or more) playable characters in the future, and the game makes you fight every single enemy as if they were a boss. If you let your guard down, you WILL die.

Still there are easier settings where you can simply rush through the game and mess around, but if you want a true challenge, and a reason to keep replaying, then the game is a good choice. Heck, Ninja Gaiden II came out back in 2008, and people still play it just about every day trying to improve their skills. It's a really addictive game lol
---
3DS FC - [1203-9218-7780] | XBL - [NettoSaito] | PSN - [NettoSaito] Please PM me with your FC!
My Backloggery Game List - http://www.backloggery.com/NettoSaito
#8LordBowser(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 4:01:49 PM
selfdeztruction posted...
you could always buy the $24 flingsmash bundle If you need another motion+ controller.

Funny you mention that, I'm actually going there to buy controllers. However, I'm not getting the fling smash bundle as I want a variety of colored wii-motes. I have the gold and black one, so I am getting the white and blue one to go with them. I could probably save money with Flingsmash, but I am going with this route. I've already decided on it.
---
#9PedroMontanaPosted 12/7/2012 4:07:41 PM
Considering online and local multiplayer seem to be important to you, CoD and SART are the best choices.

From what i understand, you like Mario Kart while you're not sure if you like CoD games, so Sonic Allstars Racing Transformed is the safer bet.
SART is also 20$ cheaper, and i can confirm it's awesome.

You can't go wrong either way, as both are good games with a lot of varied contend and modes, but i think SART is the better choice for you.
---
No More Heroes
#10LordBowser(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 4:28:04 PM
PedroMontana posted...
Considering online and local multiplayer seem to be important to you, CoD and SART are the best choices.

From what i understand, you like Mario Kart while you're not sure if you like CoD games, so Sonic Allstars Racing Transformed is the safer bet.
SART is also 20$ cheaper, and i can confirm it's awesome.

You can't go wrong either way, as both are good games with a lot of varied contend and modes, but i think SART is the better choice for you.

Honestly, I might get both, and buy the latter online. I don't know. They both seem like great games. If I did get both, I'd get CoD now, and the kart racing game online (I have a deluxe Wii U, aside from special sales most likely all of my games will be online purchases).

I don't really have a doubt that I'd enjoy CoD. It's not really an unsafe bet. I used to play Halo 2 religiously and enjoyed it. I stopped playing FPS around the time the Xbox 360 was around, and I never bothered to get into the genre again. Now might be a good time for me to consider it.

That said, it's been a while since I had a great kart racing game. I like what I have seen from the Sonic Kart racing game.

And I'm still considering the other ones as well. But, they'll be more likely to be rentals than purchases, at least at first.
---