Post Dream Games You Have Here

#1AccrovideogamesPosted 12/7/2012 6:26:40 PM
As promised, I'm going to make a spiritual sequel to the Top 10 Most Anticipated Wii U Games that will consist of only dream games. This is a brainstorming topic so you may post any dream games you want, the only rules is that it has to be for the Wii U and that it must not be a currently announced game. Don't abstain yourself from posting your dream games if someone else already did, games that appear multiple times are more likely to be retained as candidates. I'm going to read every single posts and will keep count on mentioned dream games as well as compiling their descriptions. Feel free to post again if you want to add dream games you forgot.

To make things easier for me, I'd like you to follow a certain format. I will take your posted dream games into consideration regardless of it but I'd appreciate it if you could follow my suggested format. First, list all your dream games without any description and don't put hyphens or numbers before them. For example:

F-Zero
Super Mario Sunshine 2
Metroid Prime HD Collection

Then list them again with a description and ideas under each of them. This is of course optional but highly recommended. Don't put a colon after the game title but post it in bold. If your dream game has already been described by others, not posting a description implies that you agree with the general idea discussed. If you're the first one to post this particular dream game, not posting a description means that you consider the generic idea behind the title you posted is enough and that you don't have specific concepts in mind. For example:

F-Zero
I just want another F-Zero console game similar to X and GX.

All four games remastered in HD, option to use either a Wiimote + Nunchuk or GamePad. When played with the GamePad, the touch screen acts as a real time map and scanner.

Notice that I left out Super Mario Sunshine 2 in my example in a way to show how I'm not picky about the way the game could turn out to be.

The rest of this post is about my own dream game list. Notice that I make up my own titles, that some of my descriptions are a link to a picture or video and that I used a quote tag in order to better separate it from my explanations above.

F-Zero Legends
Mario & Luigi RPG 4
Pokémon Stadium 3
Super Mario Sunshine 2
Skies of Arcadia Legends HD
Skies of Arcadia 2
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask HD
Pokémon: Shadow of Oblivion

F-Zero Legends
Similar to F-Zero X and F-Zero GX.

Mario & Luigi RPG 4
http://i52.tinypic.com/2ng4imf.png

Pokémon Stadium 3
I want Rental Pokémon back but this time I want to be able to fully customize them, from move sets to levels.

All four games remastered in HD, option to use either a Wiimote + Nunchuk or GamePad. When played with the GamePad, the touch screen acts as a real time map and scanner.

Skies of Arcadia Legends HD
A true definitive version of the game with all the additions from the GC port and the better sound quality from the DC one. Also have all the VMU stuff reimplemented and adapted for the GamePad. Add full voice acting, ask the original cast to voice act the characters who did have a voice and hire new ones for those who didn't. Have the GamePad also act as a real time map. Don't just remaster it in 1080p HD, rework the textures and polygons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyazYYev7Nw

Pokémon: Shadow of Oblivion
Just a sequel to Pokémon Colosseum and Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness.

---
I'm French speaking.
Male, 22, Quebec
#2Desrtw0lfPosted 12/7/2012 8:07:57 PM
Would you mind if I threw in this RTS idea I had? It would probably be an original game, but I could put it as Command & Conquer or something if makes it easier to work with than "Desert Wolf's RTS Idea" or something to that effect. Feel free to ignore it if you want.

F-Zero Legends
Mario & Luigi RPG 4
Super Mario Sunshine 2
Advance Wars *working title*
Fire Emblem *working title*
Shin Megami Tensei *working title*
Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes
Desert Wolf's RTS Idea/Command & Conquer type thing

Advance Wars
Basically a new Advance Wars, but with either 3D models or HD sprites (I don't know if that's the technical term for them, but basically the style of the previous games but in HD). It would also be cool to have the moving of units and whatnot happen on the game pad, while the main screen shows everything dynamically.

Or maybe the game pad has the sprites (again, no idea if that's the proper word) while the TV has dynamic 3D models. Of course you will have the option to play only with the game pad and be able to swap what's on what screen at will, too.

I don't know whether they've said anything about one on the Wii U, so if they have ignore this.

Fire Emblem
Pretty much the same idea as Advance Wars, but with Fire Emblem.

Shin Megami Tensei
I've recently gained an interest (see: obsession) with this series, and thus want to play as many as I can get my hands on. I know this is pretty vague, but I'll take just about anything related to the series. I'll get out of this obsession thing soon, though.

Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes
The trailer pretty much blew my mind, so it's a no-brainer for me. The uses for the game pad would be pretty simple (just your basic map and inventory, I'd imagine), but I love the series so much I think everyone should be given the chance to try it.

Desert Wolf's RTS Idea
I had a topic were I posted this (I think I have a more detailed description here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/63980641) in its first form, and it hasn't evolved too terribly much since then. I had multiplayer in mind when I came up with it, but it should work perfectly as a single player game as well. Basically you have one player using the game pad to play an RTS, while additional players use Pro controllers (or the Wiimote + Nunchuk combo) to take control of units.

I had a bunch of stuff written up (see above topic) that I don't care to write up again, but imagine something a little like ZombiU's King of Zombies mode except with non-game pad players controlling zombies against either an AI team or an online team. And replace the Zombies with, like, robots or something.

I'll probably come up with more later, so if I can't edit at that point I'll make a new post. I'm always open to constructive criticism, so fire away.
---
-Desert Wolf
#3joeskeletorPosted 12/7/2012 8:11:18 PM
Skies of Arcadia, shenmu3, jet set/grind sequal.... o wait you said nintendo shart i want a dreamcast2. Why o why did ps and nintendo have to kill sega .
---
It puts the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again.
#4StephenYap3Posted 12/7/2012 8:41:28 PM
Super Mario Universe
It will have all the best features from 64, Sunshine, Galaxy 2, and 3D Land, whilst basing its gameplay off of Super Mario 64. There will also be a 2-player co-op mode, where Player 2 plays Luigi with either the Wii Remote + Nunchuck or Wii U Pro Controller (or Classic Controller) on the TV screen. Mini games, utilizing the GamePad, Wii Remote, or both, will also be available, as well as a VS mode, where the Wii Remote players player against each other or in teams, in either Survival, Coins, Flagpole (King of the Hill), or Shine Thief (Hold the thing) modes and up to 8 stages are offered as well. The GamePad player can lay down enemies or item boxes (chosen at random) around the map via touch screen, plus in a certain stage can tilt the entire stage to hinder some players. Boss Rush and other modes also included after certain conditions are met.

Super Mario RPG U
Like Super Mario Universe, it will have all the best features of every Mario RPG ever released whilst containing more features. Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach, Toad, Wario, Yoshi, and others are playable and unite (much later in the game) to take down Bowser and thwart his plans of taking over the Mushroom Kingdom...but is he really behind all this? The gameplay offers changing forms via classic Mario power ups (though only works for some members) and learn more attacks as Character Coins are collected. Branching paths are also included.

Donkey Kong Country Returns Again
It will have all the best features from the SNES trilogy and DKCR (I gotta stop this "it will have all the best features" thing...), plus adding more. Player 1 can switch between DK and Diddy. Lastly, this game will be based on DKCR, only with rocket levels replaced with water levels.

The Legend of Zelda: Harp of Reality
It will be based on Ocarina of Time (with OoT3D controls and features), with a bigger story, 9 dungeons (plus a bonus dungeon), the addition of sword beam, more items and upgrades, different types of swords and shields, and allowing gameplay to continue on GamePad. The enemies Wallmaster and Floormaster are absent. Boss Challenge and Art Gallery are also available after certain conditions are met, as well as the Second Quest based on OoT3D.

That's all I have. Hopefully, I'll have more.
---
Spam Musubi = Super Mushroom :D
#5kuragari1anonlyPosted 12/7/2012 8:43:24 PM
Balloon Brawl, set after the events of Balloon Kid.
---
Destroy them all! Shoot the core!
"I am in awe at your ability to break every game you touch xD" - Capt. McWaffleton
#6KroganBallEaterPosted 12/7/2012 8:45:41 PM
A Zelda game that doesn't have motion controls.
#7DraconilianPosted 12/7/2012 8:45:47 PM
F-Zero, with tuning and customization options that put Forza and GT to shame. 30 player online races, skill based gameplay, ultra high speeds, and 3D support.

playing F-Zero in 3D will make my eyeballs explode from the speed and awesome.

Metroid Prime 4

back to the style of the first game, where Phazon was a tertiary element and it was pure Metroid, no gimmicky Light/dark or hypermode crap

Custom Robo

New custom robo game, more free roaming, but the graphical style of the gamecube game, very little linearity, RPG elements. and more customization.
also, make the combat like the opening sequence of the gamecube game. please that would be amazing
Smash Bros. but we know that's gunna happen.

Zelda in the future
Please?

a new 2D Zelda
as a downloadable? please?
---
"The best, most perfectly tuned online game will always have one glaring flaw.
Anyone can play it." _ Dueric
#8LordBowserPosted 12/7/2012 8:52:30 PM

A new Metroid Prime-style game.
A new Zelda (of course)
A new 3D Mario (of course)
A Star Fox game that followed the formula Star Fox 64 had. Possibly with the new team mentioned in one of the endings of Star Fox Command.
A new 2D Kirby game
Donkey Kong Country Returns 2
Super Smash Bros 4 (of course)

I can't think of any others.
---
I am Lord Bowser, King of the Koopas! Bwahaha..
Playing Bowser on Mario Kart, and Noxus on Metroid Prime. I am not a cookie cutter!
#9HungoverHero777Posted 12/7/2012 8:54:49 PM
You know what we need? A 3D Kirby game.
---
The Great Mighty Poo sings better than JB. Agree: 10 Disagree: 0 PM me for your choice.
Official "Co-Pun-isher" of the C2 board. IlThe AR-C Expert II
#10LordBowserPosted 12/7/2012 9:00:12 PM
HungoverHero777 posted...
You know what we need? A 3D Kirby game.

It could work. I'm not sure if Nintendo could/would pull it off... but it could definitely work.
---
I am Lord Bowser, King of the Koopas! Bwahaha..
Playing Bowser on Mario Kart, and Noxus on Metroid Prime. I am not a cookie cutter!